Cleaning products

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Cleaning products

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Here in Uk i have a favouite cleaning products for everything, laundry/furniture/washing up liquid etc...I stick to them because i like them and prefer them because they do what i want them to do..I never go for whatever is cheapest because its often been a waste of money.There are some products which i use here that i can easily get from the suppermarkets near our property in Granada province but sometimes Ariel laundry products are either not available or in small sizes and because i dont mind persil i wondered if they have it and what they have named it? There seems to be an array of floor cleaners, i usually buy a lejia mixture but i wondered if any of you have your own prefrences?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cleaning products

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 am

I buy Mercadona's own brands of 'cillitbang' type of cleaner, plus their 'quita grasas' for cleaning the cooker and their antibacterial spray for cleaning around the loo etc. I find all their own brand stuff works fine. For washing liquid and fabric conditioner I've always use either Lidl, Carrefour or Mercadona's own brands which also seem to work OK and are a fraction of the price of the named brands.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:14 am

Persil is branded as Skip here. I prefer it as it doesn’t seem to take colour out like Ariel does
AlisonB

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm

I like Ariel because it stops coloureds running. Great if you work for immigration.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:47 pm

I have found (and so have Spanish surveys) that Lidl 3 in 1 tablets (not gel) are 2nd best for dishwasher, as well as being cheap, at 3.99 euro for 40.
No 1 is one of the really expensive ones.
https://www.ocu.org/electrodomesticos/l ... vavajillas

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:28 pm

I like Lidl's Formal for laundry. Cheap, works well and is a great big bottle

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Yeah formal is pretty good and cheap. Tried it after a neighbour spoke highly of it. Mercadonas bosque verde banos spray is really good aswell. Gives your bathroom a nice shine

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:33 pm

I bought a large container of lejia from Lidl and cant wait till it's all gone, never again purchase. I have heard that Lidl's Formal for laundry is ok so i will give it ago. Still looking for a floor cleaner that has a great smell and does the job but i haven't quite found one which i.d keep buying over and over again.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:28 pm

We used to buy Domestos bleach from Carrefour for the toilets and cleaning aluminium sink etc. They do not stock it anymore. What product is as good. Bought something the other day which was ammonia based. Absolutely stunk to high heaven.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Never found any decent spanish bleach .we just get domestos

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:53 pm

costakid wrote:We used to buy Domestos bleach from Carrefour for the toilets and cleaning aluminium sink etc. They do not stock it anymore. What product is as good. Bought something the other day which was ammonia based. Absolutely stunk to high heaven.
I too bought one which was ammonia based, the smell knocked me for six and i had to walk outside for fresh air.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:00 pm

I use Mercadona's lejia+detergente in square 2L bottles. It's much thicker than normal watery bleaches. Ammonia is horrible stuff .... smells like wee .... can't imagine why people want to use it.

For floors I use Mercadona's aloe vera floor wash (in pale green square bottles) and that has a nice smell to it. I've also got a bottle of Briflor floor and surface cleaner and that's highly scented too but can't remember where that came from. I usually take the top off in the shop and have a sniff if it's not a sealed top.