Gestor fees

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
USINSPAIN
Resident

Gestor fees

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:08 am

My Gestor has told me that there fees for completing my tax forms next year will increase I need to declare my wifes State pension from Uk my State pension Uk and 3 small pensions In my name from the Uk is it difficult to complete the paperwork
Thank you

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gestor fees

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 am

You may find the online form a little difficult and confusing to use in the first instance. Why not have a look at it when it becomes available in April leaving yourself plenty of time to ask the Gestor to do it if necessary?

I cannot do a guide to the technicalities of its completion as I have with the non-resident form because there are too many variables but El Cid has written a general guide in the FAQ.

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks for that

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:13 pm

How do I find general guides from El cid in FAQ

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Go to the FAQ section and looks for "Income tax for residents"

Sid

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:20 pm

where do I find FAQ section ?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:27 pm

At the top this page it says, Board index Andalucia.com Topics

Click on this for the list of topics, select Andalucia.com FAQ’s and you will find the Spanish Income Tax thread.

I could give you a link, but then you will not have learned how to navigate around the forum :D :D

Sid

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Reading it now thank you for your time

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:25 pm

If you live within easy reach of an Agencia Tributaria (Hacienda) office, you can make an appointment (online) with them when the time comes to submit annual tax returns, and they will complete the return in their office from the figures you supply. No supporting documentation is ever asked for (in my experience), you just need to take your passports and residencia cards and a copy of your IBI bill if you own a property. They will show you whether it is more advantageous for you to submit individual returns or a joint one, and ask if you want to split the tax due into two payments or just pay it all in one. There is no charge for this service and you really don't need to be able to speak much Spanish at all, if that is a problem.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Going to the tax office is by far the easiest option if your tax situation is simple (IE. Pension income and small investment accounts). They are very well organised, helpful and friendly. If your Spanish is a bit lacking, take a friend who can translate for you. As it is a self declaration system you really don't need to take reams of backup documents - a basic list of your income and where it comes from should be adequate. However, as always in Spain, be prepared for the unexpected request, however, most of the time they will accept a simple personal income declaration.

Doing it online is actually even easier, but only if you know your way around the site and understand just what info you need to enter. I have done it online for the last 17 years and it takes me about 15 minutes to make a joint tax declaration. I have written a guide in the past, but there are subtle changes every year and it would take me far too much effort to rewrite it every year for the few people who would benefit from it.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 pm

It is certainly much easier now than it used to be. I remember in the mid 1980s slaving over an Olivetti portable typewriter with the result of all my calculations written lightly in pencil on the form which I then erased after typing them in with a bottle of Tippex at hand.

When the first PADRE program became available on a series of floppy disks in the 1990s I thought we had reached the height of technological innovation.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:49 am

El Cid wrote:
Doing it online is actually even easier, but only if you know your way around the site and understand just what info you need to enter. I have done it online for the last 17 years and it takes me about 15 minutes to make a joint tax declaration.

Sid
Following on from this after you have done your first declaration, either using a gestor or going to the tax office, then doing it online is now extremely simple.
Going online and signing in brings up your declaration which is filled in from the previous declaration. Then all you need to do is find the entries for last years income and investment incomes and change the figures to this years figures.
Ii all your investment income is from a Spanish bank then the figures are automatically updated.
So in my case I just have to alter my income figure.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris