Bottled gas - how does it work?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Bottled gas - how does it work?

Postby AkoAko » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:53 pm

Only Butano in the heavier steel bottles is capped however a delivery charged can be added to that , the charge for lightweight bottles is not capped so can be whatever the seller asks and what mugs are prepared to pay . Cepsa has always charged more for their Butano as they use lightweight bottles , the new lightweight Repsol bottles are also more expensive and actually contain half a kg less gas than the normal ones .

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:08 pm

1bassleft wrote:
Enrique wrote:Hi edyard,
Re-seat the Regulator on to the Gas Bottle................ :!:

You should feel the Black ring on the Regulator move downwards when fitting the regulator to the Gas Bottle.
This (I shall place a small bet). Many times, I would come over and think I've put it on right, but no. Tug it upwards and, hey presto, it comes away in your hand meaning it wasn't on right. It's second nature to me now, and I wish I knew what it is I'm doing right these days, but I've been through that "I've definitely got it on this time... oh, no I haven't" rigmarole on many previous holidays.
not just me then... :roll:

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Glad to read of edyard's problem solved. Scale is a huge thing in Malaga province; Sitio de Limestone, seemingly worse than my Folkestone birthplace where the white cliffs formed the sides of my teamug.

Back on gas prices, I now get my propano (very infrequently) from a Repsol station for <€13 in heavy metal. Every Wednesday morning, a truck would come around the bloques, making a racket in more sense than one. It used to charge a little bit more for the convenience, but I went down alone one time with "I am a tourist" printed in big letters on my T-shirt and €25 cash was taken off me. I thought the price had gone up a bit steeply. Not saying this is widespread practice of course, but the back of my T shirt had "A fool and his money..." printed on it.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 pm

I buy mine from the mobile gasman. Same price as the Repsol garage. I always give him a Euro to carry the bootle in as he is younger and fitter than me. I was told you should always tip the gasman, its mandatory apparently.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 pm

"I always give him a Euro to carry the bootle in" a Scouser is he? :-)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Just paid 16.50€ at a Repsol garage for Butane with the blue plastic handle, noticed that the same bottle (butane) with the older style metal handles 11.95€ - What's that about :?: :!: :!: ?

terry

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:59 am

Hi

The Blue Plastic Top Gas Cylinder is more expensive because it has a lighter casing. Also when the Price of Gas goes down this bottle does not,only the Orange one does. I do not think these Bottles are regulated the same way as the large orange bottles are. Maybe somebody in the loop can give us some answers here.