Credit card fees for car hire

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
wollie
Resident

Re: Credit card fees for car hire

Postby wollie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:48 pm

markwilding wrote:I'm not sure where you got that information from. I have a couple of EasyJet flights booked and didn't pay any extra. Just to make sure I checked their fees and charges and it says both debit and credit cards incur no extra charges.
https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/fees
So its an admin charge, what's the difference? its all money.
Its actually £16 and i thought it was £8.
I am happy enough with it all.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:42 pm

When the law came in they just changed the name of the charge from credit/debit to admin instead!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:30 pm

The difference is that there are no extra charges added after you choose your flight.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Screagle wrote:I'll have some time to kill on my next trip to XRY so will ask for Firefly's complaints book - providing I'm not having the dash for the train into town or my inbound flight is not cancelled by strike action! I'll prepare the complaint in Spanish and English and show it to the staff before requesting the book. I'd better check though that they've not updated their T&C's but I'll get them on Direct Currency Conversion anyhow. I'll also explain to them that I won't be hiring cars from them in the future until the've amended their T&C's.
Think they will need to hire extra staff in order to carry their complaints book out to you. :crazy: