Endesa Sales Pitch

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Trooperman
Resident

Endesa Sales Pitch

Postby Trooperman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Just received an email from (our beloved) Endesa telling me they have identified that I could save some money with a Tarifa Tempo Happy 50 horas

It invites me to phone them, but my Spanish is not up to a phone call.

Anyone know what it entails?

Forgive me, but I'm a cynic, especially when it comes to Endesa!
nil illegitimum carborundum

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Endesa Sales Pitch

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:03 am

We've just changed to Nordic energy, previously with Iberdrola. Very simple process as they do all the work. This time of year our bills are around the mid 90s euros. Had two bills from Nordic and they were mid 70s euros. So 20+euros per month saved so far, and their whole system is in proper english.
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:15 pm

https://www.endesaclientes.com/tempo-happy-en.html

My friends have this and swear by it. It seems to have reduced their bills. They do the washing, put the aircon/heater on and have the water heater on etc for those 2 free hours to make the most of it.

I did look at it but I have to change my tariff before I can have it. Also, not having a lot of electrical stuff like a cooker I would find it difficult to choose 2 hours a day to have free. Our monthly bills are usually less than 50€ anyway and I thought that the electricity you do pay for must surely be more, so for me I didn't think the hassle of changing was worth it.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 am

Thanks for that. I didn't know there was an English language web page for Endesa.
For those who are wondering, the offer is a tariff that discounts either the 50 highest consumption hours in a month to zero, or one day a week (that you choose) to zero or two hours every day (your choice) to zero. Ever the cynic, I looked for the catch...couldn't find it (maybe it's hidden well!) and did the application on-line.
We'll see eh?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:53 am

You need to check the rates they are charging with this deal and compare them to what you have been paying.

Endesa have a track record of offering an attractive deal, but increaing the rates which may obviate any real savings.

Sid

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 am

It is incredibly difficult to find out, in advance, the exact tariff.....and in any case, nearly half an electricity bill is add-ons such as the potencia contracted, impuestos and VAT, none of which is discounted in the 50 "free" hours.
I said I was a cynic and El Cid's caveat is confirmation that I'm not alone. With smart meters and on-line management of one's account, it is easy to revert or change to another tarrif should the projected savings not materialise.....but thanks for the warning, Sid.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:05 am

You can find the tariff and other conditions on Endesa's website - see here for the price per kwh of the potencia contratada charge and the unit cost of electricity in the non-discounted hours.

https://www.endesaclientes.com/static/i ... y20dha.pdf

I did a comparison exercise last year between this tariff, Iberdrola's equivalent and what I am paying now with Naturgy. I found that the potencia charge with these discounted tariffs would be higher than I was currently paying, and the unit cost of electricity in the non-discounted periods would be too (and therefore so would the IVA). I reckoned I would save no more than €50 a year, and didn't really want to be bothered thinking about what hours I should be using electricity in, so in the end I didn't bother.