UK Social Security Contributions

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
john the baptist
Resident

UK Social Security Contributions

Postby john the baptist » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi, does anyone know if there is a main point of contact for the UK social security office where they can be contacted by expats with regards to the year of social security contributions paid over the years.

Im looking for confirmation of my many years of working in London but all i have is my national insurance number, I have not lived/worked in London for 25 years and I have no idea where to start. Also I am unable to travel to the UK so Im not sure how to get this information and what identification they need (i only have my passport as photo id).

im looking to apply for a spanish pension and with my spanish contributions and from working in the UK and Gib I qualify however I can remember the exact dates since leaving education over 30 years ago and ive never had any dealings with UK social security.

can anyone help???

jb

pensure1988
Resident

Re: UK Social Security Contributions

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Good Evening

1. Are you a Perment Resident in Spain
2. Have you changed your Address with the Pension Office in UK. If not, I suggest now is a good time to do it.
3. If you are of Pensionable age then you could claim a UK Pension if you have at least 10 qualifying years of contributions.
4. Website with information below for you

https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record

Good Luck

David

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:04 am

https://www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

You claim your pension in the last place you worked.Presuming thats spain they should contact the uk and anywhere else and collect the data to add your pension rights together

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:43 pm

thanks for the information, I wont be claiming from the UK I left there 20 years ago :) Ill be applying in Spain where I live.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:51 pm

I suspect you will receive a dual pension (providing you have at least 10 years social security payments in the U K. The other posters are on the button, you will need to claim via the Spanish state pension office who will inform the U K of your claim then it will be backwards and forwards for a few months. you will eventually receive two pensions, one from U K and one from Spain !

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:01 pm

elusive wrote:You claim your pension in the last place you worked.Presuming thats spain they should contact the uk and anywhere else and collect the data to add your pension rights together
As elusive says - you dont need to run around yourself, assuming that the work that you did was contracted, then you would of "paid stamp" here in spain too - you need to go to the social office here and do it, presumably a little before you reach pension age in spain

http://www.seg-social.es/wps/portal/wss ... 8396/28472

(you can get a "informe laboral" for yourself, you dont need to show it to anyone, but it could be handy for you to see the dates etc that you were employed and paying stamp, by going to this link and filling in your details- they send it within an hour by email / pdf, and also by post in a few days if you tick the box:
https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/wps/port ... BIS9nQSEh/ )
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.