Kicking Endesa Into Touch

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
mi_tampoco
Andalucia.com Amigo

Kicking Endesa Into Touch

Postby mi_tampoco » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:29 pm

I’m currently being driven insane by Endesa’s so-called Customer Service.

Now, with dozens of email ‘casos’ being registered and subsequently closed (by them) with no resolution, I have to admit defeat and move to another supplier.

I’ve had Fenie Energia recommended by two separate friends. Any opinions on this changeover gratefully received.

The problem with Endesa is simply to change the payment IBAN. Dealing (in Spanish and English) with their Atención Cliente is very frustrating. They refuse to help with the change, constantly referring me to their ‘área cliente’ which I cannot access. They insist I am not the contract holder which is just stupid.

I want to close the old bank account and cannot, as Endesa will sure as eggs cut me off instantly when they can’t get their money. All other DDs on the account are moved. Only Endesa remains causing me bank charges for a dead account.

Any info on Fenie or other alternatives would be great.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Kicking Endesa Into Touch

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Look at Iberdrola.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi mi_tampoco,
Long time no hear .... 10 years !!..........Please PM me for a catchup.

For Electrics we use CHC................... https://www.chcenergia.es/es/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:43 pm

mi_tampoco wrote: The problem with Endesa is simply to change the payment IBAN. Dealing (in Spanish and English) with their Atención Cliente is very frustrating. They refuse to help with the change, constantly referring me to their ‘área cliente’ which I cannot access. They insist I am not the contract holder which is just stupid.
It might sound stupid, but they could in fact be right. It's very common here when someone buys a property that their lawyer or estate agent has the utility bills changed into their name, but the contract is left in the name of the previous owner (or sometimes it even goes back further than that). I know lots of people who have been in that situation and they haven't even been aware that someone else's name is shown on their bills as the "titular" (contract holder), until some problem has cropped up, as in your case, and the utility company won't deal with them as the contract isn't in their name.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 pm

Unless you have a free market contract you will have been changed over to EnergiaXXI.

I registered someone with Endesa online a few months ago even though the contract was still in the name of the original owner. I then changed the bank account for the direct debit on the site and the next payment came out of the new bank account.

The contract has since been changed to EnergiaXXI with the change over going smoothly. I sometimes have the odd problem with an account but a quick consultation with on-line chat gets it sorted out.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:51 pm

I registered with Endesa over a year ago mostly so i could receive my bills electronically....After going through the online registration they sent me a link to activate my account, it still shows account pending and although i have contacted them on several occasions nothing has changed...I once received a message saying my email address is not on their system even though all the bills come to my email...I give up...It feels that as long as they are not having to send out paper bills then you are no longer of interest...

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:28 am

Maybe I've just been lucky but this means that I have been lucky several times with different contracts.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 pm

I use Iberdrola - online account. I get a notification when a bill is ready and log in to download it. Website is in Spanish or English and you can have a fixed monthly payment by direct debit. Emails are responded to fairly swiftly. I have been with them for about 8 years, and am still happy with them :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:41 pm

In our first house, we registered on the endesa APP, and paid all the bills that came to the house by visa card. We had a notification saying there was a bill, logged in, and paid it.. easy really, its a shame it cant be like that for everyone.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

mi_tampoco
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mi_tampoco » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 pm

I’d just like to acknowledge all the helpful posts on this old thread.

I made the mistake of tweaking my profile and was locked out of the forum. Finally (I think) my account is reactivated.

Incidentally I went to Feníe Energía and immediately experienced a massive reduction in our bills. That has still been the case since the time period changes, AND the recent increases. Yes, it has gone up, but for some reason nowhere near as much as neighbours.

Neighbours often say to me “Yeah, but it’s a lot of faff to change innit?” They must have fat pensions I suppose. :)

No, it wasn’t a faff. One half-hour visit to a local agent’s office…