Royal British Legion ,Andalucia.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Royal British Legion ,Andalucia.

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Many people living in Andalucia aren't aware of the numerous branches of the Royal British Legion that are offering so many interesting events for you join in with.
And it should also be pointed out that you don't have to be Ex-Service to join , support or enjoy any of the events and no pressure to join, just be a 'Friend of the R.B.L' if you wish...

Everyone is welcome and at the various events and get togethers you can make new friends and even get advice on many of the problems that can crop up.

For instance every second Tuesday in the month starting at 11am at the Mollina Branch ( near Antequera ) there's a very successful breakfast meeting where apart from enjoying the breakfast rolls there are regular visitors who come along to chat about their hobbies and interests and business proprietors who display / demonstrate or chat about their products, which may be of help or interest. ( The RBL branch doesn't have any affiliations or sponsers with the business proprietors )

On the fourth Tuesday in the month there is usually a speaker talking about a huge variety of subjects....very interesting.

On Tuesday the 25th February the speaker will be ME......yikes...

I will be giving a presentation about ' Living in Spain' , after more than 30 years living and working in Spain I'm going to talk about the 'Good ..the Bad ...and Ugly .. times that we've endured !!!

If you are in the Antequera area please come along on the 2nd or 4th Tuesday in the month.

I'm the membership secretary and events co-ordinator at Mollina and if you would like to come along to show your hobbies / crafts etc.please contact me.
If anyone needs information about any of the branches in Andalucia please feel free to contact me, by private message if you prefer..There are also many branches in the Costa Blanca Region, if you need info...ask me...

The Mollina Branch holds the meetings at Parque La Vina, if you need directions ..please ask.
Regards,
Gordon

maureenscot
Resident

Re: Royal British Legion ,Andalucia.

Postby maureenscot » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:03 am

Thank you for that information. i didn't know

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Thank you Maureen, I hope that you get chance to join in !!

Numerous people have contacted me asking if they can go to meetings anywhere, including France !
And yes of course I'm sure that if they want to visit a branch wherever then they will be made welcome, you can usually find the details of venues, dates and times on the internet, just Google, for instance RBL Mollina Branch, but if anyone has difficulty, then please ask me.
Becoming a member can be very useful and of course you are supporting a very well known and respected worldwide organistation.

Regards,
Gordon

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:06 pm

And a gentle reminder that the next event at the Mollina Branch of the Royal British Legion is on the 25th February at 11am, if you are in the area please come along, all welcome and you don't have to be ex-service personnel to join or just join in and you don't even have to be British .!!!..Also all ages welcome.....

For this event , amongst other things, I will be giving a short presentation about living and working in Spain based on my 30 plus years experiences and observations.....

And don't forget if you want to share your experiences or products and services, we are always looking for guest speakers-demonstrators at both of our monthly events...
Please contact me, I'm the Events Co-ordinator....

Regards,
Gordon

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Is there a branch in Malaga or east of Malaga city?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Costa,
There are active branches on the Costa del Sol -Malaga Province, not in Malaga...

For instance Alhaurin el Grande, Coin, Mijas Costa,...

You can be a member at any branch including UK or just go as a visitor and most will welcome you at any events that they are running, a great way to make new friends and contacts..

Regards,
Gordon

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:51 pm

costakid wrote:Is there a branch in Malaga or east of Malaga city?
There is one in Benajarafe.
Gerry

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Thanks Gerry, forgot Benajarafe and there are others ,but some only small branches...

And there are none in Seville area, anyone fancy starting one, we can assist !!

Regards,
Gordon

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:00 am

GerryinCajiz wrote:
costakid wrote:Is there a branch in Malaga or east of Malaga city?
There is one in Benajarafe.
Thank you. 10 minutes from me in car.