Internet banking

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Internet banking

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:59 pm

I have an Expansion account as well and transfer the minimum 700€ each month but I received a letter saying that we would now have to pay 15€ each quarter and the first payment has been taken out. I like to control when I transfer the money and my own pension isn't enough to cover the 700€. The bank isn't back to its normal opening hours yet so I shall have to go in and query this in due course. When we set up the account we were told that it didn't have to be a direct transfer from our pension companies (in fact when we set it up we weren't receiving any pensions), and that we could even pay it in in cash if we wished.

Their letter states:
.... as of 24/03/2020 changes will be made to the terms and conditions ..... Maintenance fee :30€ per quarter. This will be discounted and reduced to 15€ if the end of day balance on the account does not fall below 0€ at any time.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:40 pm

They are advirtising the expansion on their site with no charges

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:44 pm

:think: maybe they'll cancel the charges then, although the letter I have is headed 'Expansion account' so it does seem to apply to that.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:45 pm

On the Banco Sabadell website the details of the Cuenta Expansion clearly state, under Terms and Conditions (in the very first paragraph):-

Comisión de mantenimiento €30 trimestre.

https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Satelli ... 505022/es/

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:06 pm

The home page offers the account with no charges. But says until the end of june. So i presume a "special" offer

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:41 am

Freeatlast the link also states:

"If you directly deposit your pension, the maintenance fee will be 0 euros, if the account has a positive balance."

This has changed since we started the account as we were told we could deposit the money in cash if we wished. I do a transfer each month and call it pension, but it is not direct from my pension provider.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:55 am

I agree, they did change the terms - in fact I started a new thread about the introduction of these charges.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39722

I too transfer funds monthly from my UK account to my Sabadell Expansion account, and call it a pension transfer - but it doesn't count as a directly deposited pension as far as they are concerned. When I start to receive my UK state pension, I can have that paid directly into my Spanish account so should not have to pay this charge any longer. At the moment my largest occupational pension provider will only make payments into a UK account (and I wouldn't want all of it to be paid into my Spanish account anyway). I could have my Civil Service pension paid directly into the Spanish account, but would still have to make an additional transfer myself as that wouldn't be enough to meet the €700 per month requirement.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:59 am

FaL I am in exactly the same position as you. I see the Ts&Cs say it has to be a social security pension, and we don't get ours for a few more years yet so it doesn't look like we can avoid the 15€ pq charges.