Internet banking

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
allgram
Resident

Internet banking

Postby allgram » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:24 am

Hi, got a three and a half page letter yesterday from our bank explaining why it is going to cost us over € 260 per year to use their services.....so after ten years of fairly expensive services we are thinking about Internet banking very very much cheaper,We are wondering how many people using Andalucia.com have Internet banking and are they happy with the service they get and are there any pitfalls? All we need are our Direct debits,couple of visa cards, and free cash withdrawals. Are we missing something in Internet banking. Thank you so much.
allgram.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Internet banking

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:57 am

What bank are you with? Seems they are all charging plenty now.

A friend is with Bankinter and is very satisfied.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:02 am

Hi

I am with La Caixa Bank. I have Internet Banking with them and they still charge me quarterly commission to use their service. Internet Banking is no cheaper than Branch Banking. You have to shop around to see who will give you the best deal in Spain.

David

allgram
Resident

Postby allgram » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:39 am

Hi, we are with La Caixa, and companies like Revolut, N26, are so so much cheaper, we do use the La Caixa app but it's still going to cost us €260 + per annum.
allgram.

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:13 am

I've been with ING Direct for about six years now and overall I am very happy with them. With their 'cuenta nomina' there is no charge to maintain the account provided you either have a regular salary/pension payment coming in, or maintain a minimum balance of (I think) 2000 €. They only have one branch in Malaga (on Avda de Andalucia), but I've only had to go there about 3 or 4 times, as pretty much everything can be done online or via phone banking. One downside used to be that for smaller cash withdrawals there were a limited number of ATMs that would give free withdrawals, but that's been solved now as they have teamed up with Euronet, who have a lot of ATMs in shop windows, etc.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not on commission! Although having said that, I did get an email from them the other day, offering 50 € to both me and any 'friend' who wants to open a new account. :)

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:46 pm

I'm with Deutsche bank, providing I make three transactions per month there is no cost apart from the €30.00 per year for the none resident bank tax !

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi, we have a non resident online account with Bankia which is in English as well as Spanish, the charges are 15 euros per quarter to maintain the account but it is not subject to maintaining a minimum balance or having to pay in a salary. We are not charged for direct debits and ATM cash withdrawals are free. The upside is you can find a Bankia ATM machine almost anywhere.

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 pm

I use Bankinter and also satisfied with service and especially so when in branch. Not free - a monthly 5 euro charge (had previously been 3.75 for years until an increase last year), 2 x 25 euro annual charge for debit cards and every couple of years a non-res charge (again I think 25 euro each). So averages about 135 euro per annum.

The local branch is fairly local to me but not sure how extensive the branch network is. I use the ATM at the branch as i'm never sure about charges for using non Bankinter ATMs. Years ago I took cash from a more convenient ATM whilst out and was charged - not something I was used to in the UK

Easy top up using internet banking, but for the amounts I usually transfer I get a better rate at exchange in Benalmadena then deposit at the branch.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:24 pm

We have the BBVA Online Account. We've had it for 5 or 6 years now and we've been very happy with it. It has no maintenance fees and no minimum balance or deposit requirements. The website can be set to English. And there is also a mobile app.

petimi

Postby petimi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:23 pm

+1 for BBVA, I have been using them for nearly 5 years, they have probably one of the best mobile apps and internet banking facilities.
I do pay for the account but it's affordable (€6 per month if I'm not mistaken).

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:16 am

Morning All

We use Santander, and they charge €3pcm for our joint current account. They have a good network of branches in our area, and have a dedicated English speaking helpline if needed, although it is rarely needed because the staff in our local branches are always keen to help. Their mobile and laptop App is as good as any App that we use for our UK banks. Recommnended by us.....

Stay Safe

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:32 am

We are with Sabadell, was Solbank when we signed up.
No charges whatsoever.
Online in the language of our choice and Android app, also in the language of our choice.
On the rare occasions, we need to go into our branch always been attended to in our own language.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

allgram
Resident

Postby allgram » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 am

Thank you everybody for your replies
allgram.
Last edited by allgram on Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:51 pm

:shock: what's with the big smileys :lol:

Gerry we're with Sabadell but they've just started charging 15€ a quarter now on our previously free account.

allgram
Resident

Postby allgram » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Didn't plan on the big smilie...........
allgram.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Wicksey wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Gerry we're with Sabadell but they've just started charging 15€ a quarter now on our previously free account.
I shall keep a lookout for any charges. :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Big smiles have been removed.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Sabadell have several no fees accounts looking on their home page.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:45 pm

gerryh wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:56 pm
Wicksey wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:51 pm

I shall keep a lookout for any charges. :think:
Cheers
Gerry
The Sabadell Expansion account did introduce a €15 per quarter charge from 24 December 2019 (first payment taken from accounts in March this year), but if you have a pension directly deposited (eg a UK state pension or occupational pension paid directly into your Expansion account) the charge is waived, likewise if you have a Sabadell insurance product or a sizeable investment account with them.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Confirmed, I have a Sabadell Expansion account, my Company pittance is paid straight in, we have our UK Government pensions paid into our UK bank accounts and transfer as required. We do have a small savings account with them too.
What charges ?