Spanish Postal Service

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish Postal Service

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Aren't they aware that there is a serious problem in most countries that affects the normal functions of business?
Most businesses/ institutions are making allowances for late/ or non-delivery of services.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:47 pm

Yes Gerry they are aware of that but this is to do with the wood pulp/forestry industry and the rules are very, very sharp, I'll just wait and see !

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Isn't it the senders' responsibility to ensure you receive the letter?
Can't see how they can expect you to sign it and send it back if you haven't received it.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm

well with the current situation they couldn't have foreseen this apparently they posted it on 9th Feb, maybe I'm over reacting I'll just wait and see, interestingly they have given me a tracking number which tells me that the documents are en route but not where they are currently ! peeing me off somewhat :x :x !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:39 am

Still no post, I have even seen a postman/woman !!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:43 am

I ordered some pills from my usual health food shop that is currently shut, but when they went to the PO to send it they were told that my apartado will not accept any packages, even a tiny one that will fit into the box. Just as well I didn't go mad ordering masses of stuff off Amazon! We have received letters Ok but I had no idea they weren't accepting small parcels.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:46 pm

I think you will find that the (very useful) option to send Amazon parcels to your local Correos has been discontinued, hopefully temporarily.

Sid

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Just to add to the list of stories, on 27 March, I posted a small jiffy bag in the UK by Royal Mail Tracked and Signed For service to be delivered to a friend in Torrox. Normally this would take about 5 or 6 days, including the weekend.

On 31 March at 2139 it arrived in Madrid where it was "classified in the Logistics Centre" , where it has lain ever since.

I used the Correos "contact us" option on their website to ask if they could tell me when it would leave Madrid for Torrox, not expecting a response for some time, but, within ten minutes received a reply "In relation to the query you make, we inform you that the current situation of the RN********9GB shipment is classified, this means that the classified shipment in the logistics center ". So whilst I was pleased to receive a fast response, unfortunately it only repeated what I could see for myself on the Correos website.

My friend has checked at Torrox post office to see if the package has arrived there and was awaiting delivery, but no, the Correos rep checked the website and found that it was classified in the logistics centre.

Interestingly, letters from my bank in Torre del Mar are being delivered to me in the UK, the most recent being yesterday; and in the south east of England, post offices are open as normal and our postie delivers every day, as normal.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Our PO is open but for shorter hours, now closing at 12:30 rather than the usual 2:30pm. A card I posted to my friend in the UK took over 2 weeks to reach her when it usually only takes a few days.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:12 pm

I have had the same message, took three weeks but then it turned up. I'm not sure what "Classified" means to Correos but I don't think it means what it means to you or I.
My package was heading North and was our passports heading for renewal.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:04 pm

Wicksey wrote:I ordered some pills from my usual health food shop that is currently shut, but when they went to the PO to send it they were told that my apartado will not accept any packages, even a tiny one that will fit into the box. Just as well I didn't go mad ordering masses of stuff off Amazon! We have received letters Ok but I had no idea they weren't accepting small parcels.
Managed to get the shop to drop off the package at a local food shop we use regularly. I can see now why the PO said they wouldn't send it to my apartado, it was in a huge box, 20 times the size of the bottle of pills :shock: I'm glad I didn't have to pay P&P now! So possibly a small package can be sent to my apartado as long as it fits in the box.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:32 pm

My package which had been held in the Madrid Logistics Centre since 31 March, suddenly started its journey south yesterday morning 21 April and was delivered and signed for in Torrox at 1926 the same day.

Everything comes to he who waits.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:49 pm

I would read "classified" as "categorised" meaning that the system says it is logged in as there?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:04 am

There are no flights to or from London from Malaga anymore. There are flights a few times a week to Barcelona from Malaga Airport and then they fly to and from London a few times a week.. I presume this is how Mail is getting in and out of Spain. Please can anyone confirm this please.

Thank You

David

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Received some post from the UK today.
Some had been posted many weeks ago.
It wasn't our usual postman but a postwoman who, obviously through no fault of hers, didn't know where the various post boxes are located.
She phoned me wondering where I, or my post box, was.
Met her at the local petrol station.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Last Friday we received a letter posted from the UK in mid February, together with letters posted in March. Must be catching up with things a bit now.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Having rushed to the Torrox pueblo PO before 12:30 I see they are now back to normal hours, closing at 2:30pm but still closed Saturdays.