La Caixa Banking FEES

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
john the baptist
Resident

La Caixa Banking FEES

Postby john the baptist » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi

I know this subject may have been fully covered but ive just received a letter from La Caixa informing me that our bank accounts will start incuring fees and they could be as much as €60 per month or per quarter. I actually dont know and the letter just informs me that because of carona virus the start date has been delayed even though i had no idea about this. there is a lower rate of €15 a month if you have a minimum of €600 for an individual income (not joint) and at least 3 or more DD being used however what really p@@sing me off is the €2 counter charge they will get paid if you need to deposit cash or even speak to them. Its a total P@@@ take. Is there any free banking or at least something more reasonable as la caixa is the only bank in my village but they are a constant thorn in my side.

the debit card charges and paper statements are a infuriating as well and i really dont want to do banking via an app!!!! im happy to keep up with the times but im NOT a millennial (although im moaning like a snowflake) . Its just seems that we are getting robbed blind and have not been able to get into Gibraltar for are "international" bank during the lock down.

please if anyone can advise how to lower or avoid these charges it would be extremely appreciated. I dont read Spanish very well (very limited) and its seems that they are taking advantage.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: La Caixa Banking FEES

Postby Screagle » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:40 pm

I don't bank with them but La Caixa offer a cuenta de pago básica (Basic Payment Account) at 3 euros per month. If your Spanish is not up to it then perhaps employ the services of a local gestoria to downgrade the account on your behalf. The bank might might refuse you point blank but perhaps less so if you get a local involved. If successful you could be looking at saving 324 euros per year :crazy:

Saludos

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: La Caixa Banking FEES

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:00 pm

I have stated on a number of occasions that I bank, in Gran Canaria with Deutsche Bank, provided I make at least 3 transactions per month there are no fees. I have regularly transferred money (for the last 4 years) between the U K, Sweden and Gran Canaria without incurring charges except for a fee of around 30 euros per year for them to report my non resident status which I can't be bothered to do myself, it seems that nobody believes me or just don't want to listen !

To be expected to pay around €700.00 per year which is what your suggesting, seems ludicrous and you need to walk away a s a p !!