Public Transport under Threat

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Free at Last
Resident

Re: Public Transport under Threat

Postby Free at Last » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:42 pm

As they have this week increased the number of daily services on this route from 14 to 20 (on weekdays) that does not say to me that they have a shortage of drivers - although 20 is obviously still not enough going by the experience described by daveboy above. In my opinion the bus company just wants to maximise profit by running completely full services rather than risk having some seats empty, ignoring the fact that people trying to board more than a few stops along the route are being left behind. What I would like to see them do is to run one ruta and one directo service at the busiest times of day, as they used to before the pandemic, so that the people travelling the full length of the journey can get to their destination faster, and people further along the route get a better chance of a seat on the services that go along the coast road rather than the motorway.