T.I.E

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: T.I.E

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:02 am

Definitely pay at the bank - be aware that some banks restrict the hours you can make such a payment, probably to stop all these small payments filling a big queue.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:03 am

My impression is that it must be prepaid and cannot be paid in cash at the police station.
I paid mine at a Cajamar using the machine, open 24 hours, outside.
OK so it takes a bit of typing but you don't have to queue.
I believe some bank machines, BBVA?, will read the bar code to save you typing.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:26 am

I've been reading the posts about Tie and I have to admit I thought we would have to exchange the little green card at some point. However, I don't need a Tie for ID as I various alternatives and having listened to this video it seems that we don;t need to exchange it.
One of my reasons for not changing it would be that a Tue is temporary i.e. 10 or 5 years but the green certificate is permanent so no need to get involved in trips or form filling or whatever.
Before anyone says anything I am not saying whether anyone else should or shouldn't do it, I'm simply saying why I'm not going to. If the
Secretaria de Estado de Migraciones says I don't need to then I feel reassured lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxMto6g8ko&fbclid
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:44 am

Fyfin, if you don't have to by law then I think it's just up to individual choice. Obviously things may change in the future.

I was trying to avoid going to my own bank as I am not prepared to get up extra early to queue outside .... I don't do mornings! Gerry's option of paying at the machine sounds much more preferable. I used one in the past to pay something and it's not too bad. If I can do that anytime then I'll use that option.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Sorry chaps ....... yet another question: I just completed my 790 payment form and printed it all out then I wondered what address I should be showing on it. I put my postal address, which I have also shown on the EX23 under the correspondence address section. Should I have put the campo address which is the one that will be on the card? I hope not as I've printed out all 4 pages. Does it matter that much as long as I've paid?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:23 pm

I would assume you put the same address as is on your green card/form?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:30 pm

The address our bank has is the PO Box address. The 790 shows our name and NIE number .... I didn't know if address is that important for the payment (just trying to save my ink and paper :) )

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:58 pm

I would have thought the only thing they will really be concerned about is that you have a receipt to show that you have paid the €12 fee.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:20 pm

I'm hoping that Gerry! Does the bank machine give you a receipt that you attach to the 790? I had a look at Sabadell's ATM and they seem to accept barcodes to pay a bill so I'll have a go next week. Not sure why the form asks for your IBAN if you then have to take it to the bank to pay.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:24 pm

I think your address must be your physical address, is that what you have on the green card? My postal address is an Apartado but the form has my campo address.

Normally the bank stamps the form, so as Gerry says, the ATM receipt should suffice.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Yes it's our campo 'address' that's on the card Sid. I'll put the campo address on my OH's at least.

Not sure about my photo now as I'm smiling a bit in it. I was told that was OK for my driving licence, which it was, and the photographer told me to smile! I was hoping to use the same one for my card to save me having to have another load done as he gave me 8 copies.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:12 pm

I have paid for both 790s at Caixa which had a bar code reader. It still needed me to add our NIE and the amount I was paying. It gave me two copies of the payment receipt which I've attached to the two main copies of the 790 form that were printed out, so I guess that's OK. So far so good.

I read you also need to take photocopy of your residencia (in Streetwise mag), but that's the first I've heard of that one?? I have copies of our passports.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:44 pm

I think, in theory it isn't needed, but I am taking the original plus a photocopy of my residencia.
Generally speaking, officials usually need to see the original, of any document, and they keep the photocopy.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:37 pm

First rule of handling all Spanish bureaucratic processes is take at least one copy of everything and at least 2 photos even if the rules say that they are not required.

Oh, and a stapler!

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:18 pm

:lol: :lol: oh so true Sid. The only consolation is that if I get mine horribly wrong then we have a day to sort everything out before my OH's appointment. Both of our appointments are the last of the morning I think, so we're hoping they'll just want us to be processed and out the door so they can go to lunch :think:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Here’s a thought. According to the info put out by the Consulate and the Spanish foreign ministry, the TIE will be useful as an ID card for crossing Schengen borders.this suggests that it is a bona fide Spanish ID card.

So, unless you want to travel outside the Schengen area, is there any need to have a UK passport any more?

Sid

DinnoDaze
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DinnoDaze » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:16 pm

I have my green card and am in no rush for the T.I.E. but my wife hasn't gone for residency yet. Does anyone know which Modelo 790 is payable for Modelo EX20? I know that 790 codigo 12 is the actual T.I.E. fee but what about the Solicitud?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:20 am

Don't completely understand your question but you tick the ".Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión. " box if that is what you where asking.
Cheers
Gerry.
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 am

DinnoDaze wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:16 pm I have my green card and am in no rush for the T.I.E. but my wife hasn't gone for residency yet. Does anyone know which Modelo 790 is payable for Modelo EX20? I know that 790 codigo 12 is the actual T.I.E. fee but what about the Solicitud?
Is there a payment for the EX20 which is the application to the immigration office in Malaga? I can only see the 790 mentioned for when you go to the police station for the actual card application (with form EX23) which you cannot do until you have the immigration certificate.

Both links below only mention that the 12€ payment is required when going to the police station and not the immigration office.

As per the CAB site:https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/the-p ... plication/
or the gov.uk site https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-r ... s-in-spain

DinnoDaze
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DinnoDaze » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Anyone have any idea about this? I became resident in 2019. My wife hedged her bets but eventually decided that it was the best option. When it came to applying, we were unsure...is she best going for Modelo EX20, apply for initial residency, or EX19, family member of existing Ciudadano de La UE (I.e. me). I thought 19 would be simpler - I have my tarjeta, I’ve passed the requirements re means, health insurance, etc etc. However the lady at the Extranjeria in Granada said no, use EX20. Not a lot of faith in her though as when she said, ‘OK that’s everything,’ my wife had to tell her she hadn’t asked for any evidence of health insurance.
Anybody enlighten me? EX20 or EX19?
Oh and by the way, with reference to my previous query, I rang Extranjeria and asked about the Tasa for Modelo EX20 and was told there isn’t one, it’s only the presentation of documents.