T.I.E

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: T.I.E

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:20 am

The police station 5thisn't far from the big roundabout where Dia/Mercadona is. I admit I've no idea where the nearby bus stops are though. I find it much easier to park as there's a rough bit of ground opposite but we parked in the Puerta del Mar area of apartments and a few shops where there were plenty of spaces.

You can pay well in advance of going FaL. We paid a couple of weeks beforehand at Caixa (which isn't our own bank) using their ATM where you blip the barcode. No need to queue up at a bank or go when it's open, so quite simple. You print off the payment form at home and do it when you want https://sede.policia.gob.es/Tasa790_012/ImpresoRellenar.
When you go for your appointment you really need to have everything already done and ready to hand over. If your photos aren't correct or you need something photocopied then there's a shop just across the road, but otherwise everything you need is available on the internet.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:36 am

No more appointments for Velez available so far. I am asking for the correct type, Policía - Recogida TIE?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:45 pm

yes, I belive that is correct.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:16 pm

Appointments available at Velez for collecting TIEs.
Just booked 2 for early Oct.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:56 pm

Mine and my OH's are 5 days apart in the first week of October .... they were disappearing as I was trying to book. Didn't help as they send a security code by phone and we have little or no mobile signal here so I was chasing that before I could confirm them.

Quite incredible the number of people online booking them for Velez. My friends in Granada had no problems last week, but maybe they were just lucky to have looked when some became available. Just pleased to have got the appointments as I have been on the website all waking hours for the past week or so :crazy: I was just about to refresh the page for the umpteenth time when Gerry emailed me ..... 'hurry up, appointments available!' Just as well I was home :thumbup:

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi Gerry

Just seen this article. Maybe other people are having second thoughts about rushing to get their new T.i.E

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news ... ca-broker/

David

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 pm

I'm not sure what the problem is apart from impatience. As there is no obligation to change it for the moment, all that needs to be done, should someone want to apply for a TIE, is book an appointment as they become available, then go on at the allotted time and place even if it is not possible until next winter.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:17 pm

When I booked the initial application appointment back in mid July to change mine I had to wait 6 weeks to be seen, so I doubt that there's any appointments left here at the police station for this year. It's a matter of choice and I chose to change mine asap and I've already used it for travelling. After 1 January I would prefer to use my EU accepted TIE card rather than my UK passport within Spain and Europe.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Same here, I decided to mine in July due to the fact it suited my timetable. I thought I might have been first in Bilbao but was told there had already been 5 applicants before me.
However, I hope some people aren't rushing into changing theirs and getting stressed due to the fact they might believe it's obligatory to do it before the end of the year when most members on this forum are clear for the moment it isn't and the green piece of paper is still sufficient.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:56 pm

This is just more sensationalist reporting from some worthless gutter press rag and yet another 'Ex-Pat advisory service' seeking publicity.

There are appointment systems for the two distinct procedures of applying for a TIE from scratch and changing over a green sheet/card and in Málaga each procedure is carried out in a different office. There are appointments available for both. If the Spanish administration were 'saturated with unnecessary applications' there would be no appointments available.

I have said before that the clerk in the Comisaría in Málaga told us that It was better to get on and do it now because there would be more rules and regulations to follow after the new year.

In short, If there is the possibility of doing it before the new year there will be appointments available, if they are 'saturated' there won't be.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm

have said before that the clerk in the Comisaría in Málaga told us that It was better to get on and do it now because there would be more rules and regulations to follow after the new year..
-----------
Like what though? Are they going to start playing silly bleepers and asking for you to prove the same as a first timer?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:22 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:55 pm have said before that the clerk in the Comisaría in Málaga told us that It was better to get on and do it now because there would be more rules and regulations to follow after the new year..
-----------
Like what though? Are they going to start playing silly bleepers and asking for you to prove the same as a first timer?
Of course they are! But if you have the necessary green paper plus an ID number, it’s very simple.
As I remember it, you need to make the appointment specifically for applying for a TIE as an UK citizen and all the necessary documents are listed.
What is different is that people applying for the first time have to go through the process in the same way as, for example, a Chinese or South American, meaning they can’t register at the police station until they have been to the immigration office first.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:13 pm

Quote from a reliable contact in a Notaries Office in Estepona

"it is certainly isn't obligatory to swap the Green card for TIE and when it does become obligatory ,there will be at least 6 month warning!!! Definitely no rush folks. Just the Authorities trying to scare all of you in applying early for it. Do not believe everything someone tells you, it is not the truth. My Contact is in constant communication with the National Police Station in Estepona who provide all the correct and up to date information.

Just Relax and enjoy your Christmas & New Year

David

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:41 am

Im certainly not rushing to do anything until next year as they cant even get the wording right on the cards at the mo. Need to change the address on it (n.o not street!) So will get around to it at some point i guess

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:52 am

David
We didn't panic and rush out to swap our green A4 sheets for a new TIE card.
It was convenient for us to do it when we did.
I take your point about "Do not believe everything someone tells you, it is not the truth." and I shall not believe anything you say. :silent: :twisted: :shh:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 am

I think we've all come to the conclusion by now that it was a matter of choice as to whether you changed over your old green card to the new TIE. Those of us that chose to do so for our own reasons have done that. If you don't want to change then you don't have to.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am

Very true wicksey. If someone wanted to do it for me then go for it! But i just cant be bothered at the mo. Would rather wait until any issues are ironed out and as im the one in the house who has do all the paper work its about when I care to or think bleep it pay the gestor. Will certainly look into it after the new year. Everything is just so up in the air at the mo.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:34 pm

New Scenario

I want to apply for the new TIE Card as a Non-Resident. I cannot afford to pay an Annual Premium for Private Health Cover in terms of this application. I intend applying for my S1 Form this year and change to a Spanish address with UK Sate Pension Office. What are the implications if I delay my TIE Application until after 1st Jan 2021.

Any help and assistance on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

David

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:25 pm

You cant apply for a TIE as a non resident. By applying for one you are declaring yourself a spanish resident.if you are an.O.AP you dont need private healthcare.you get your S1 and use it as apart of your application

If you wait until 2021 you have to apply as a third country like the usa etc. You will need an income of around 28k and have to apply for a Visa in the uk before you come here. You wont be covered under the withdrawal agreement so no S.1 or pension increasements and you will have to take a spanish driving test if you want to drive

You need be filing your applications before the end of the year.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm

The person concerned wants to become a Spanish Resident but according to the State Pension People it can take up to 28 days for the S1 Form to arrive at your Spanish Address. Also this person is going to Scotland on 22nd December and only returns on 9th Jan 2021. I think this time frame is too short now!! Any suggestions please.