T.I.E

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

T.I.E

Postby elusive » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Just reading on C.A.B that applications can be made this month for the TIE at the usual national police station. Not a legal requirement to exchange if you have you green residency card already. If you are a permanant resident your TIE will last ten years and non perm 5 years.

jogger
Resident

Re: T.I.E

Postby jogger » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Do you know, are the requirements the same for the TIE as it was for the residencia green card?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Applying from scratch? Upto the end of the year you apply as an EU resident so as now. Once into 2021 you apply as a third country national. So alot harder. Requiring alot of income. Around 26k single 30k as a couple.

If you already have it the last i read was that if you have a residents card with permanant on it it was a straight swap and without permanant you may have to prove how long you have been here via tax returns etc. But theres nothing like having to prove income/ health yourself again as if you were applying for the first time.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:01 am

Presumably it's because it has your photo on it that it lasts 10 years, like a passport? And renewing after that is like renewing a passport or driving licence, just a formality? We have permanent residence and would like a TIE as it's better for ID purposes, but I don't want any problems after 10 years when it's due for renewal.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:01 pm

Yeah i guess so wicksey due to having a photo. But i believe for ppl applying from next year from scratch you have to reapply every couple of years of so and the money you have to show goes up. Presuming theres no change from the standard third country rules

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:44 pm

So, who is going to be first on here to apply for a TIE from the Torre del Mar police station?
Whoever it is, will they do a write up on exactly how to do it and what paperwork etc. is needed? :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:00 pm

I think I will pop down and do mine at the beginning of August. I hope someone does it first and tells us how they got on.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:18 pm

I have always followed the squaddies mantra - never volunteer for anything, and never be first to do something...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:56 am

Agree especially here. There has been warnings that the new card will be dated when you applied and will over ride your original arrival date. Cant really see that tbh as its all documented when you first came. Alot of support/offical groups etc are saying if you have the green card then dont bother. I can imagine in the future they will make it law that you will have to change but at the mo they are probably trying to stop a bigger backlog than they already have. If its not required yet then im not bothered.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:18 am

We don't have the green cards. We have the Green A4 pieces of paper.
I understand that the advantage of having a TIE is that it has your name and photo on a credit card size piece of plastic and it can be used for identification as did the card, no way out of date, that i had originally..
Cheerrs
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:54 am

The government has just issued the details of the application for the TIE.

https://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2020-7276

For existing permanent resident who hold the green form/card this is the relevant section.

c) If the national of the United Kingdom is the holder of a permanent registration certificate, he may personally request the issuance of the residence document before the established police units.

- At the time of their request, the interested citizen must provide the following documentation:

• Application form -EX 23 Card application (art. 18.4 Withdrawal Agreement).

• Valid and valid passport of the applicant. In the event that the passport is expired, a copy of it and the renewal application must be provided.

• Proof of payment of the corresponding fee (form 790, code 012).

• A photograph, in accordance with the requirements established in the national identity document regulations.

- At the time of delivery of the residence document, the citizen must prove that he is the recipient of the document by presenting his valid and valid passport.

- This residence document will be valid for ten years and the term "Permanent" will be entered in the field corresponding to the Type of Permit. After its validity, it must be automatically renewed in accordance with the provisions of instruction 6.

This process will commence tomorrow, July 6th.

Sid

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:59 am

I believe that is also the case for the residence certs issued more than 5 years ago but not changed to permanent isn't it, Sid?
Brian.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 pm

I would imagine that is the case because it has always been optional to change it after 5 years. So long as the issue date on the old one is more than 5 years ago you are a legal permanent resident, but as we know, when a new process is introduced you can be sure that the police either have never heard of it or don't know what the rules are and invent them!

The new TIE card for us has different words on it making clear that is specifically issued under the terms of the withdrawal agreement. They should be a new option on the application form, but we will have to wait and see when they update the forms online.

Sid

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:15 pm

True. I think I'll leave it for a while and let things settle down.
Brian.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:44 pm

gerryh wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:44 pm So, who is going to be first on here to apply for a TIE from the Torre del Mar police station?
Whoever it is, will they do a write up on exactly how to do it and what paperwork etc. is needed? :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Oh Gerry, I thought you may do it first and tell us :lol:

Like you I would like to have it as a photo ID card again. Unfortunately during lockdown I produced my old ID card at a police checkpoint that was 12 years out of date and he took it off me. Up until then it was always accepted as ID when signing for things. I wonder if I can use it for internal flights rather than my passport, like the Spanish do with their DNI cards.

EX23 form here: http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/ ... O_2020.pdf

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:17 pm

Wicksey wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:44 pm

Oh Gerry, I thought you may do it first and tell us :lol:

I'll see what I can do in the next week or so, so watch this space. :wave:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:41 pm

At least I've found the form for you!

Not sure what card we already have, on the second page, are we RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE CON TARJETA DE FAMILIAR DE NACIONAL DE REINO UNIDO or OTHER? I can't see anywhere how much you have to pay either. The form you pay on seems to be a general one that you have to complete ... the payment form looks more complicated than the application one to me! Just wondering if I can use a spare driving licence photo, although it is very small and I'm smiling in it :think:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:39 am

It seems that anyone applying for residency from now on will be getting the TIE but will have to get extra paperwork from the immigration office first
http://www.surinenglish.com/local/20200 ... 90804.html

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:05 pm

I would like to point out that the extra step applies only to a first application for residency.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:28 am

Just booked two appointments on Thursday, at the Torre del Mar Police station, to get our TIEs.
Will let you know how we get on.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris