T.I.E

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: T.I.E

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:26 pm

elusive wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:29 pm Your driving licence has your NIE on it
But not your address.

Anyway, if someone wants it, it’s their choice not yours.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Does the TIE have your address on it? I don't think the DNI does although it may be available on the chip.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:19 pm

It does. Google TIE and you will see from the images that they have your address on it.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:21 pm

Certainly the old photo extranjero card did and it seems from what Sid says it does. Anyway, like Gerry, we still prefer to have one.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:28 pm

My DNI has my address on it.

Interesting that you have to pay at a bank before and go to the police station with TIE. I recently got my DNI and, not sure quite why, my passport, and in each case paid the policeman there and then.

Odd.....

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:41 pm

I probably wrong, but I thought I saw somewhere that a TIE can be used, instead of a passport, as valid identification for travel between Schengen countries?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:44 pm

El Cid wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:26 pm
elusive wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:29 pm Your driving licence has your NIE on it
But not your address.

Anyway, if someone wants it, it’s their choice not yours.

Sid
Im not telling anyone they should or shouldnt get one. Why would anyone care one way or the other about someone else getting one? I certainly dont. Just replying to gerrys comment re an address thats all.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:18 am

I did mine this morning and everything was fine. I will have to make another appointment to return and pick it up in a month's time.

One thing though, The woman that processed mine said eventually everybody will have to get one. I have had dealings with officials before and I know they often don't know their own rules so this might not be correct.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:01 am

This is how I originally understood the situation but the British Consul (or was it ambassador) said that residents with green sheets/cards were under no obligation to change them. On balance I think I would prefer to take the word of a Spaniard even if she is only a funcionario.

The online applications that my wife submitted on behalf of some clients seem to have worked but yesterday when she did another one she received an error message stating that an attachment was too big. The maximum for each document is 6mb but this was only a passport at just over 1mb.

The program then went into a permanent loop and the only course of action available was to abandon it and start again? The second time it accepted the document and the application was signed with Autofirma and submitted without question.

Just to add that, this time, the digital certificate for the ultimate signing with Autofirma was taken from the Pale Moon index not the Internet Explorer one as it was last time even though the form was completed with Pale Moon. I assume that this is as a result of a tweak to the Mecurio program.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:42 am

Those of you who have completed the EX23 did you use this link? http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/ ... O_2020.pdf

What boxes did you tick for the questions in part 4? If you have a permanent Spanish residency is it:
RESIDENCIA CON CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO DE CIUDADANO DE LA UNIÓN
Or: RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE CON TARJETA DE FAMILIAR DE NACIONAL DE REINO UNIDO

and are we applying for a new TIE under 4.1 (TARJETA INICIAL)?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:23 am

firsttango wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:32 pm .Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión. Which autofills to 12€

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:32 pm

That's the payment form, the 790. I'm talking about the application form EX23.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Is this it?
gerryh wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:12 am Update.
Just got back from my appointment at the police station.
Waited over half-hour past my appointment time, in a room with no chairs, to be seen.
Then told I had made the wrong appointment. :thumbdown:
When I booked the appointment I should have selected the "POLICÍA-EXP.TARJETA ASOCIADA AL ACUERDO DE RETIRADA CIUDADANOS BRITÁNICOS Y SUS FAMILIARES (BREXIT)" from the drop down menu.
Also told I needed to bring the original of my green A4 residencia sheet. I took a photocopy just in case it was needed although it is not mentioned as one of the documents needed.
Now got an appointment for 26th Aug, first available.
Cheers
Gerry

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:04 pm No, that's for making the appointment at the police station Mark. I understood that you need to complete the application form EX23 for the TIE which you need to take along with you. This is the special one for Brexiting Brits "Solicitud de tarjeta (art. 18.4 del Acuerdo de Retirada)"
A link to it here:
http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/ ... O_2020.pdf

I think that I need to make the appointment (which I've now done online), then complete the form EX23 for each of us to take along with residencia, photo and passport, and pay the fee for each of us using the 790 tasa form which is done online before the appointment.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:09 pm

Ooops, how did that happen? I edited my first post but it's posted again as a quote, must have clicked on it by mistake .... brain's addled in the heat :)?? How do you delete a comment?? The second version is the correct one.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi El Cid,
You can delete this one as well..........as you are sorting Wicksey..............
Last edited by Enrique on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm

Wicksey, I have deleted the first one.

I delete duplicate posts when I spot them, but some like yours are not so obvious which is correct. Just do as you did and point out the problem and I will deal with it.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks Sid!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Wicksey wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:42 am Those of you who have completed the EX23 did you use this link? http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/ ... O_2020.pdf

What boxes did you tick for the questions in part 4? If you have a permanent Spanish residency is it:
RESIDENCIA CON CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO DE CIUDADANO DE LA UNIÓN
Or: RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE CON TARJETA DE FAMILIAR DE NACIONAL DE REINO UNIDO

and are we applying for a new TIE under 4.1 (TARJETA INICIAL)?
OK, Now I see what you mean. I left it unticked.

I did mention it to her but she said it didn't matter

I suppose she inputted the correct option when she was filling in her online form. She didn't keep the form and gave me it back and it's still unticked.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:24 am

I'm resurrecting this thread as it has all the instructions on it and I have a question about the tasa790.

I have the link to the payment form. A friend is completing his and said that you print off the form and can pay in cash at the police station? Otherwise you print off the form and take it to the bank to be paid and stamped before going to the police station ....... is that correct?

I thought it was an online payment and didn't realise I may have to pay at the bank first which I would rather avoid as it has huge queues and closes too early for me (still working with restricted hours and only one staff member I believe). That would be a pain!