T.I.E

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: T.I.E

Postby elusive » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:29 pm

family member of existing Ciudadano de La UE (I.e. m
--------------
Isnt that for a family member who isnt an E.U national?

Personally i think you just apply using the standard form.ask on the CAB spain f.book page. They will confirm

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:50 am

DinnoDaze wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:11 pm Anyone have any idea about this? I became resident in 2019. My wife hedged her bets but eventually decided that it was the best option. When it came to applying, we were unsure...is she best going for Modelo EX20, apply for initial residency, or EX19, family member of existing Ciudadano de La UE (I.e. me). I thought 19 would be simpler - I have my tarjeta, I’ve passed the requirements re means, health insurance, etc etc. However the lady at the Extranjeria in Granada said no, use EX20. Not a lot of faith in her though as when she said, ‘OK that’s everything,’ my wife had to tell her she hadn’t asked for any evidence of health insurance.
Anybody enlighten me? EX20 or EX19?
Oh and by the way, with reference to my previous query, I rang Extranjeria and asked about the Tasa for Modelo EX20 and was told there isn’t one, it’s only the presentation of documents.
This information has been posted a few times now and is correct. The process costs 12 Euros.
firsttango wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:32 pm .Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión. Which autofills to 12€
You just make the appointment and go along with all your required papers and then about a month later, you will have to make another appointment to pick up the card.

The 12 euros which must be paid beforehand. The downloaded form with be stamped with proof of payment from your bank.

Each member of the family has to make a separate appointment.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:46 am

Mark, DinnoDaze is asking about the first application for his wife as she currently does not have residencia. So therefore she will have to do the EX20 and present this to the immigration office first for which there is no fee. Once that is approved (which I understand can take months) then she will go down the EX23 route, go to the police station and pay the fee as we are doing.

DinnoDaze
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DinnoDaze » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 pm

elusive wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:29 pm family member of existing Ciudadano de La UE (I.e. m
--------------
Isnt that for a family member who isnt an E.U national?

Personally i think you just apply using the standard form.ask on the CAB spain f.book page. They will confirm
I worked on the basis that although we're in the transition period, we have officially left the EU and are classed as a third country - which is what EX19 covers. But EX20 is in now, so fingers crossed they'll ok the documentation and the T.I.E. will be the next thing.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:42 am

Got my card this morning. Tried for an appointment on Friday and there were none. Looked again yesterday and got one for this morning. I was in and out in a couple of minutes.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:55 am

That's good Mark. Did they let you know it was ready? Someone in Granada region was told to make an appointment for one month's time to collect it when they were doing the application at the police station. I guess the regions are different. I shall find out tomorrow!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:51 am

The same, I had to make another appointment after one month before I could pick it up.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:51 pm

All went ok today at the police station. Didn't have long to wait and was out 20 mins after my alloted appointment time. My smiling photo was ok too .... so far so good.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:07 pm

All went OK for me.
I got there 15 mins before my allocated appointment time and was seen immediately, no waiting.
I was told to wait a month and then book an appointment to collect my TIE.
Out of interest, I had a look, today, at booking an appointment for a month's time.
But the Torre del Mar police station wasn't in the drop-down list of places in Malaga province, strange.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:12 pm

If it doesn’t appear, it’s because the don’t have any free appointments in the near future. I am having this problem in Granada province. Plenty of options for Granada but not Motril. I will leave it until it calms down a bit.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:55 pm

I can't get the police appointment site to work at all today. Keeps saying there's an error.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:13 pm

I had a look and it only seems to be for Malaga province that it gives an error.
Tried another province and worked OK.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:18 pm

Apparently the Fuengirola Comisaría is closed until 09 September as a member of staff has tested positive for Covid19

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:35 pm

It's working again but still nothing for Velez Malaga. We've got a few weeks so I'll look from time to time. Not sure if it would give a calendar of appointments that far in advance anyway? When booking the original appointment it only gave a couple of choices of available dates and times.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:15 pm

When I was in the Torre del Mar police station this morning, with my wife to submit her TIE forms, I'm sure I overheard someone complaining that they had been trying for 3 months to get an appointment to collect their TIE.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. Surely there cannot be more people wanting appointments to collect their TIE than appointments for applications? I presume it's not a problem in making them as Mark in Bilbao has got his and I know someone in Granada that has their appointment to collect theirs arranged for 9 September. I thought they are all made centrally somewhere. The paper they give you as a receipt in lieu of your residencia looks to be valid for only 45 days.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:54 pm

It might be someone who has applied for the first time or non-UK citizen. I had quite a long chat with the guy at my pick-up appointment and he told me that the process had already changed for UK citizens applying for the first time although he did say the cut off date for this was on or around July 6th.
He told me that new applicants have to go to a different office to start the process. I questioned this as I thought new applicants still have the same rights EU citizens until the end of the year but he told me that we now have to go through the same process as someone from China from now on and it takes months to sort out if applying for the first time. Applicants can't work while waiting for a decision.

Regarding the appointment, It's worth trying regularly for an appointment because I wonder if you will only be able to get one once your new card has arrived. I tried on Friday and there was nothing. I tried again on Monday and got one for the next morning.
Last edited by markwilding on Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:19 pm

That's the immigration office appointment you are talking about Mark and I've read that the paperwork from there can take 3 months. First time UK applicants now need that before they can go to the police station as you say, so the process for new applicants will take some time. It may be we'll have to try nearer the time when they should be ready. (Also, 3 months ago was still in lockdown wasn't it, so not sure if applications were being processed then?)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:17 am

Appointment website was working this morning but only one choice of date of 11 Sept which is too early. I shall have to start checking again in a couple of weeks to get the end of Sept.

Yesterday we arrived 15 mins early and my OH was seen immediately. No complaints about the new police station in Velez, and so much better than the old one. The internet appointment system is better now than the queuing up of the old days. People were there collecting their cards, so I guess the appointment availability comes and goes.

They kept our original green residencias and gave us back the photocopies we'd made. Also returned one of the EX23 and 790 forms, so we came back with half the stuff I'd taken. Seems to be different in different areas.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:30 am

Wicksey wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:17 am No complaints about the new police station in Velez, and so much better than the old one. The internet appointment system is better now than the queuing up of the old days.
I can see it would be very convenient for car drivers, but for public transport users the location of the new police station is much less convenient than the old one. Not so much a problem for me because I don't have mobility problems, but for anyone who struggles to walk it would be. For newcomers who may not realise they have to pay the tax at a bank beforehand, it's not convenient because there are no banks anywhere in the vicinity of the new police station, whereas before they could leave the office, go to a nearby bank and then return to complete the operation.

I agree, though, the internet appointments system is so much better than the old days of having to turn up at the crack of dawn and hang about outside in all weathers in order to be sure of getting a numbered ticket to be seen that day.