Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:44 am

markwilding wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:15 am

That's reason why they have to wear masks as a preventative measure.
But that's not the reason they "HAVE TO" wear masks is it? This is the crucial thing here.
The have to wear a mask because it gets written in to law with a blanket ruling for all, no matter what age, where you live, where you go, who you meet or how you lead your life.

Not because they are asymptomatic at all, who the hell knows who is asymptomatic or not? It strikes of "you are asymptomatic because we say you are".......again that is what I'd call guesswork.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Of course we know. You test positive while showing no signs of having the virus. Obviously the rest is guesswork so how to you work around that? One way is by wearing masks.

It is a blanket rule because it doesn't matter if you are young, old and asymptomatic, if you have it, you can pass in on and that is what they are trying to avoid. And at the moment there are a lot of people moving around Spain and visitors coming in from outside and many are not respecting the distancing rules.

Mallorca with low amounts of cases was one of the first to impose the rule ,due to this type of behaviour.
https://www.facebook.com/679079299/vide ... 956294300/
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:05 pm

It's annoying too as it's pointless arguing the fact now, the choice, which it should be has been taken away.

We are ALL forced to wear a mask or face draconian fines if we don't, so game over I guess, I'm not a law breaker so in in the case of shops many like I will now just order online and boycott them for everything, and let the high streets fall in to ruin even further.

The issue is turning neighbour upon neighbour and creating true animosity between the believers of Masks, closed industry, closed schools and the rest of it and people who truly smell a large rat.

There but for the grace of God is something my mum said to me as a kid, and as a 90 year old she still says the same, none of us know the day and none of us are infallible....I understand that.

I thought when this plandemic broke the people shouting for herd immunity were callous and selfish bas*****, I argued with many that we must protect the vulnerable, we failed.

As the months went on I began to realise the people now being herded out of parks, only allowed an hours exercise, furloughed from work, kept off school...............and now forced to wear face masks on days out with their kids don't need protecting.

Just saw your post Mark as I when to post this. Very, very pleased your wife has had the all clear with her tests. Now that for me is truly scary.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Be careful not to mix the UK with Spain. Here people go about their social lives as normal and have done for ages. Kids are at summer camps etc. My son is working in one. He has been issued with various washable masks. My wife has been wearing one at work since day one.

It has been well over 2 months since the total lockdown ended and almost 2 months since bars could open, And longer than that masks have had to be worn on public transport.

Local elections took place here on Sunday and no indications of any protest votes. Nobody likes wearing one but it seems to me the biggest complainers posting are those, with the odd exception ,who have never actually had to wear one

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Again it's the assumptions. "The biggest complainers about masks are those that have never had to wear one" What a ludicrous statement. That comment alone speaks volumes. So you think I've never had to wear a mask? I've worn masks in far more dangerous scenarios than this, believe me. And that was choice not being forced to.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 pm

but we all have to wear them, Mark ... what a weird thing to write!

DA just beat me to it.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Jeez Mark you edit your posts so much it is not worth answering or responding to your posts. By the time I do the answer is not the one I'd have given.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:42 pm

I gave up doing that long ago.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:45 pm

Some posters are in the UK so not everybody has to wear them all the time.
Lavander, who do you think the odd exception is?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:46 pm

May be normal in your area Mark but what about the lockdowns in some places. Roping off the beaches or closing them. Can see what will happen with future spikes, all will be blamed on tourists, already some media articles are going that way even though there are very few right now.

In the UK we have a mutation of the virus in that it knows who to target. Tens of thousands shoulder to shoulder in demos and no spike. Brighton retailers are fed up of frequent demos. Not because of catching the virus but it is putting off normal people from visiting and actually spending money as opposed to the demonstrators who leave rubbish and drug paraphernalia.

BTW I have worn a mask in shops from the beginning since OH had his operation but my choice. As soon as I leave the shop I take it off. A just in case reaction and my choice, don't really have faith in them. This mask wearing in shops is just the start, probably be lots more stupid and undemocratic ones to come which have been written on the back of a cig packet by a few overpaid and underworked scientists.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:53 pm

markwilding wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:45 pm Some posters are in the UK so not everybody has to wear them all the time.
Lavander, who do you think the odd exception is?
Apologies, I thought the forum was about Andalucia and people with an interest in it?

As a long time owner, and only yesterday speaking with a chap off the forum about returning to Andalucia and renting a house I think you've guessed (or maybe not) that the draconian measures in Andalucia do both concern and affect my decisions.

Oh and it won't be long before the same comes to the UK, policing it will be fun to watch though.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 pm

It's causing a well planned but unneeded divide in the populations of countries setting person on person, funnily enough just at the same time as the "taking the knee" thing has reared its head.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:11 pm

It's called rule and divide...I have certainly seen enough of that during these past months. Walking out on the street isn't the same anymore, people are unsocial and they mutter under their breaths.The media has created mass division amongst many and the government bow down to them... There seems to be little common sense left and on top of that many have become yes people..I don't like this new world which we now live in and i'm sure many people feel the same.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:13 pm

"Lavander, who do you think the odd exception is?"

No idea. You wrote that so you must know but I don't. Sorry.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:14 pm

This sums it up for me sadly.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Devils Advocate wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:39 pm Jeez Mark you edit your posts so much it is not worth answering or responding to your posts. By the time I do the answer is not the one I'd have given.
Yeah sorry about that.I’m working and have to write very quickly and then straight after posting them, I want to change or add something.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:37 pm

France is now thinking of making masks mandatory too. Shame because they are the country who have had more normality than the rest.

Lokking back at what "Science" said in UK they were lying, or lying now.

March, official line we were told was that “the science” said masks don’t work, numerous newspaper articles explained that they were counter-productive and gave a false sense of security

3 April, Medical Officer Jonathan Van-Tam at the Downing Street lectern said: “There is no evidence that general wearing of the face masks by the public who are well affects the spread of the disease.”

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:11 pm It's called rule and divide...I have certainly seen enough of that during these past months. Walking out on the street isn't the same anymore, people are unsocial and they mutter under their breaths.The media has created mass division amongst many and the government bow down to them... There seems to be little common sense left and on top of that many have become yes people..I don't like this new world which we now live in and i'm sure many people feel the same.

Agree entirely.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:12 pm

So do I.

Isn't it a coincidence that the mandatory wearing of masks is being rolled out simultaneously. These countries are having their strings pulled by the WHO and its high tech sponsors on the premise that if everyone is made to wear masks all the time they will be so relieved when some kind of 'vaccine' is concocted that they will be willing to go along with having any old rubbish injected into them as long as they don't have to wear the masks any longer.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:12 pm So do I.

Isn't it a coincidence that the mandatory wearing of masks is being rolled out simultaneously. These countries are having their strings pulled by the WHO and its high tech sponsors on the premise that if everyone is made to wear masks all the time they will be so relieved when some kind of 'vaccine' is concocted that they will be willing to go along with having any old rubbish injected into them as long as they don't have to wear the masks any longer.

Thankfully more and more people are waking up to this. Sadly the BBC and the rest will keep the scaremongering going though, and not report on anything that questions the sham. I also note that a few people are actually taking the ruling to wear masks at all times as a victory and are now quite happy it's a law for all.