Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:49 pm

Lavanda wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:46 pm I remember 20+ years ago, when I had my house in Coín. I spent my days on the beach in Marbella and my evenings in the Plaza de los Naranjos having a loooong dinner. Then in my tiny dress and teetering-heeled sandals I would be walking on the Promenade, doing the Paseo, looking at other people also out strolling who were looking at me (and my partner, claro). Lovely times.

I think the compulsory wearing of face masks will put off some of the people planing a week or so on the Costa del Sol. That will be pretty damaging to many businesses and it will be interesting to see what will happen in, say, August, when the Junta are facing an open rebellion.
Agree, but more interested in you and your partner :wink: holidays are not about dodging rules or loud speakers telling you to leave the beach. Not what you make happy memories of is it. :mrgreen:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 pm

I have a friend who suffers from COPD and carries around a portable Oxygen generator and has great difficult breathing. I had lunch with him today and asked if he had any problems breathing with a mask, with or without his Oxygen supply. He said he was fine wearing a mask.

Sid

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:12 pm

I saw an interesting post today:-

If you don't like wearing a mask...... you certainly won't like using a ventilator.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:44 am

How about another 'conspiracy theory' from an 'obscure' web site?

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2020/06/ ... -humidity/

or even a less obscure one:

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1435/rr-40

I didn't wear a mask for my walk along our deserted country lanes this morning. I think the Guardia Civil passed me once about eight years ago. Once in twenty five years or about nine thousand days but still a far higher risk than dying with, or even from, coronavirus.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:59 am

Good post, Beachcomber. There are lots of articles all over the mainstream press this morning saying that wearing masks now, at this stage in the virus, is idiotic and makes no sense at all. In my experience, in hot Extremadura, wearing a mask DOES make you hotter, more likely to perspire (and with a damp mask pick up germs) and will probably cause all sorts of minute fabric fibres to get into your lungs. It is a completely stupid directive and, once again, everyone suffers because the old, vulnerable and shielded are at risk. Yes. That is why they are staying at home so the rest of us can get on with things; such as earning money or paying taxes to pay of billions of debts. It's a mess.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 am

We have had to wear masks for months in Spain including those who actually have worked all through the crisis. Your reginal government disagrees with you and wants to do anything possible to avoid another lockdown so has extended, not introduced the use of masks.

The first days of the lockdown were very worrying and stressful as I had to adapt very quickly to a new way of working and for the weeks before Easter I had to work long hours preparing work and going through it individually which was unbelievably time consuming. I was getting up in the morning and finishing at 8-9pm every day including weekends until I was ready to move everything to video conferencing after Easter and I was able to work a litle bit more normally Meanwhile my wife was working in the main hospital here while people all around were going down with the virus including people she worked along side. Worrying times indeed but no moaning.

I have business classes and many students who work which gave me a insight into how people were adapting their work conditions and was speaking to many younger people about how the lockdown was affecting them. People just got on with it and took it all in their stride. No complaining about having to wear masks. Not once has my son or wife complained because they have to wear them at work all day. My niece, a nurse wears hers everywhere never moans.

Sid has antidotally posted about a friend with breathing problems who says it's not a major problem

There is absolutely no evidence to say that particles from masks get into lungs. Doctors and nurses have been wearing them for years with no problem.

I posted this yesterday and it's very apt regarding some posters

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news ... ist-spain/

Or am I just being one of the ghetto dwelling city elite.?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:08 am

markwilding wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 am
There is absolutely no evidence to say that particles from masks get into lungs. Doctors and nurses have been wearing them for years with no problem.
But have doctors and nurses ever had to deal with Covid or similar? Masks are fine if changed on a regular basis not kept for days on end which the majority seem to do. Perhaps the government should make them free and then they would be used correctly.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:15 am

markwilding wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 am Or am I just being one of the ghetto dwelling city elite.?
If you think you fall into that category who am I to argue?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:21 am

markwilding wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 am We have had to wear masks for months in Spain including those who actually have worked all through the crisis. Your reginal government disagrees with you and wants to do anything possible to avoid another lockdown so has extended, not introduced the use of masks.

The first days of the lockdown were very worrying and stressful as I had to adapt very quickly to a new way of working and for the weeks before Easter I had to work long hours preparing work and going through it individually which was unbelievably time consuming. I was getting up in the morning and finishing at 8-9pm every day including weekends until I was ready to move everything to video conferencing after Easter and I was able to work a litle bit more normally Meanwhile my wife was working in the main hospital here while people all around were going down with the virus including people she worked along side. Worrying times indeed but no moaning.

I have business classes and many students who work which gave me a insight into how people were adapting their work conditions and was speaking to many younger people about how the lockdown was affecting them. People just got on with it and took it all in their stride. No complaining about having to wear masks. Not once has my son or wife complained because they have to wear them at work all day. My niece, a nurse wears hers everywhere never moans.

Sid has antidotally posted about a friend with breathing problems who says it's not a major problem

I posted this yesterday and it's very apt regarding some posters

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news ... ist-spain/

Or am I just being one of the ghetto dwelling city elite.?
Along with hundreds of millions of people living in Asian countries, many of which are hot and very humid. (But I'm sure that if you spend long enough and dig deep enough someone can find a study in a remote Cambodian village to contradict me :wink: )

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 am

My Japanese daughter in law who is also a pharmasist told me that Asian people generaly wear masks when they have a cold, mostly out of culture politness but in reality face masks do not stop infection from spreading.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:02 am

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:44 am How about another 'conspiracy theory' from an 'obscure' web site?

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2020/06/ ... -humidity/

or even a less obscure one:

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1435/rr-40

I didn't wear a mask for my walk along our deserted country lanes this morning. I think the Guardia Civil passed me once about eight years ago. Once in twenty five years or about nine thousand days but still a far higher risk than dying with, or even from, coronavirus.

Congratulations on two counts:-

Count 1: On being brave enough to post on this subject again, when your credibility was completely blown away with your admission that you were one of the lemming like followers of Dirk Bigforest and all his crazy conspiracy theories. opps, I meant his well thought out sciencific grounded theories...No, I was right 1st time.

Count 2: On being brave enough to break the law, by walking in the campo at silly o'clock without a mask. Wow, we haven't seen that sort of defiance since Martin Luthor King's march from Selma to Montgomery or Gandhi salt protests in the fight for Indian independance.
Now, I wonder if your defiance of the new rules goes as far as a risking a fine and endangering other people by not wearing a mask where the police might actually see you? No, I didn't think so.

Also, well done for searching the web and finding a couple of things to backup your anti-mask rants. The fact the first website you quote is a well known anti-vaccination, anti-science site probably does not help your cause. The 2nd is just a letter to the BMJ. Maybe you should refer to a previoius post of mine that has a link to the BMA article, with it's support for wearing masks.

Rather be a live sheep than a dead lemming. :D

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:15 am

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 am My Japanese daughter in law who is also a pharmasist told me that Asian people generaly wear masks when they have a cold, mostly out of culture politness but in reality face masks do not stop infection from spreading.
Absolute nonsense

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 172200.htm

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... oronavirus

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:37 am

gerrynag wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:02 am
Rather be Beachcomber than gerrynag.

To some people everything they disagree with is a conspiracy theory because they have no capacity to think for themselves.

Another great programme from the High Wire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4zXB4xxMQ

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:44 am

Article explaining the new rules and the 7 exceptions

https://todoalertas.com/estas-son-las-7 ... andalucia/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:47 am

Me walking down the Promenade in Marbella would come under No. 4. Seems reasonable.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:50 am

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:37 am

To some people everything they disagree with is a conspiracy theory because they have no capacity to think for themselves.

That's just arrogance. You are right and everyone else is wrong? All we ask is for evidence that has been proven not from some bloke's opinion.
Last edited by markwilding on Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:51 am

Well, at least things are clear in Andalucia. Meanwhile:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... laces.html

I like Matt Hancock. He's refreshingly bonkers.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:52 am

Lavanda wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:47 am Me walking down the Promenade in Marbella would come under No. 4. Seems reasonable.
Do let us know how you get on "reasoning" with the Guardia or Policia Local if you do

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:54 am

:roll: It was only a joke. :lol:

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:37 am
gerrynag wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:02 am
Rather be Beachcomber than gerrynag.

Another great programme from the High Wire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U4zXB4xxMQ
It is fairly obvious that you have no knowledge of science or you wouldn't believe these ramblings from Dirk Bigdick.

Believing wild theories with no science or logic to back them up does not mean that you have the capacity to think for yourself, it means the exact opposite.

You have not presented one piece of valid evidence that proves masks don't protect you. Just opinions from idiots with no scientific qualifications.
You are the sheep for following people like that.