Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerrynag
Resident

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby gerrynag » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:31 pm
gerrynag wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:24 pm
Might be an idea if Beachcomber worn a muzzle :D
I think the grammar in that sentence is a little defective just like its... oh never mind. It does demonstrate the mentality of these people, though. Even if i did 'worn' a muzzle it would hardly stop me typing would it?
It's the mentality of people like you that worries me. No one suggested that wearing a muzzle would stop you typing.
I see that you are more concerned with 'grammer' than 'facts'. Well, I suppose if you haven't got an intelligent response to why you should wear a mask, it's hardly surprising.
Maybe if you spend more time studying science rather than worrying about grammer you might actually be able to make valid arguments, but obviously you are not capable of doing that.
The sad fact is that You People....don't know what you are talking about.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Grammer???

I have given plenty of links to articles and videos and you still haven't explained how, within twenty minutes, you managed to watch and comment on a video that was nearly two hours long.

We have just heard from Tweedledum. I wonder how long it will be before his puppet (or should that be the other way around) Tweedledumber will get in on the act again.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Population control and making money from fines.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Yes, it must have been very difficult for the poor police and Guardia Civil to prove the less than 1,5 metre rule with a resultant drop in income from fines. Much easier for them now, of course, no matter how ludicrous the situation and nothing whatsoever to do with the health of the public.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:01 pm

.........u don't get fined for wearing a mask.......u get fined for disobedience, which is far more sinister and tells us exactly where we're all going!! they'll fine u for insulting them also, should u dare to talk back to them.

The good news is that we can all get drunk now and drive our vehicles as the police don't need the earnings from that anymore, lol.

Masks are useless and don't stop the virus infecting anyone, unless one's hands are firmly tied behind their back, so that they can't touch the mask/face.

Would be much more effective to educate people on hygiene issues. Wash your hands regularly and properly.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm Grammer???

I have given plenty of links to articles and videos and you still haven't explained how, within twenty minutes, you managed to watch and comment on a video that was nearly two hours long.

We have just heard from Tweedledum. I wonder how long it will be before his puppet (or should that be the other way around) Tweedledumber will get in on the act again.
So you watched the 2 hr video did you ? Well you have obviously got more time to waste then I have.
My comments, (if you had taken the time to read them properly), were not on the video itself, but on the fact that it was produced by an anit-vaccination organisation.
Your other links were mainly to that Dirk BigOak site, which I think most sensible, intelligent people would agree is just plain wacky.
Very good with the insults too. Shame there isn't an admin to correct you for making personal remarks, rather than responding to the points made. :lol:

Look no one likes to wear a mask, but if it saves lifes and prevents people from getting the virus, it's a price worth paying.
Wearing masks has been proven to reduce the chances of getting the virus and believe it or not, it is not a huge conspiracy to try to control us, organised by Bill Gates or George Soros or whoever the latest supposed mastermind behind the masterplan to turn us into drones.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Therein lies the nub....he is the Admin or rather 1 of the Moderators.....so tread carefully and don't rise to this flurry of personal remarks :wink:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:17 pm

This has turned into a right old slanging match, so far off topic now. Surprised Sid hasn’t stepped in.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:20 pm

costakid wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:17 pm This has turned into a right old slanging match, so far off topic now. Surprised Sid hasn’t stepped in.
He did earlier in the thread but fell on deaf ears it seems

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:25 pm

costakid wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:08 am Perhaps the government should make them free and then they would be used correctly.
Let's get it back on track then.

Beachcomber very kindly a gave a link which says that the Regional government will issue masks free to pensioners

Mascarillas gratis para jubilados
La reacción del Ejecutivo andaluz ha sido convertir la máscara facial en una parte más del vestuario. La intención es crear «un hábito» que «va a durar hasta que tengamos la vacuna», apuntó Aguirre, que es médico de profesión.

El uso permanente de la mascarilla se notará también en el bolsillo de los andaluces. Según un estudio de la Organización de Consumidores y Usuarios (OCU), una familia de cuatro miembros puede gastar entre 70 y 155 euros al mes dependiendo del modelo. La Junta de Andalucía va a distribuir 7,5 millones de mascarillas quirúrgicas de forma gratuita entre personas mayores de 65 años. Tendrán que esperar hasta el próximo 29 de julio, dos semanas después de imponer su uso, para recogerla en las farmacias presentando su tarjeta sanitaria.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Well done to the Junta de Andalucía, and I think a great many of these masks will have been manufactured quite close to you Mark in a place called Etxebarria which has the biggest Mask Manufacturing factory in Spain. :thumbup:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 pm

firsttango wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:20 pm He did earlier in the thread but fell on deaf ears it seems
This thread had now gone past the point of adding any more useful information.
For the time being I will leave it open

BUT

Only posts that relate to the situation in Andalucia will be allowed.

Any posts that I deem personal will be deleted

All posts that refer to conspiracy theories will be deleted.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 pm

As it seems to have been lost in the mayhem I will post this again:

https://sevilla.abc.es/andalucia/sevi-c ... ticia.html

It pertains to Andalucía and I assume it is not a conspiracy theory.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Most of the information in it has already been posted. The practical part for many residents of Andalucía is the issue of free masks from the 29th July.

Just go to a chemist with your health card and they will issue them to you.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:01 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 pm As it seems to have been lost in the mayhem I will post this again:

https://sevilla.abc.es/andalucia/sevi-c ... ticia.html

It pertains to Andalucía and I assume it is not a conspiracy theory.
Not it didn't get lost, Mark Wilding thanked you for the link and quoted directly from it a couple of posts above and I responded with a "Well done to the Junta de Andalusia".

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:12 pm

The main headline is 'Masks in Andalucía until we have a vaccine'. This seems to have been studiously ignored.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:13 pm

I wonder how many you will get and what type. Normal blue surgical masks won’t last long.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:20 pm

Firsttango has said they make them close to here so I would imagine they are the same ones. As my wife works in a hospital we already get a supply which were exactly the same as the ones issued on the Metro. Blue on one side and and white on the other.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:26 pm

It hasn’t, Beachcomber, but maybe people can’t read Spanish.

We have always had free masks issued by the Ayuntamiento from day one. They are also on sale at Farmacias for a fixed price, 75cents, I believe.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Mark, those are the ones where the government imposed a maximum price of, I think, 9 centimos. They should give out at least a boxful each.

Sid