Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby markwilding » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 pm

For the guys It might be worth investing in one of the cloth ones( I picked up a pack of two for 10 Euros yesterday.) I was wearing the normal type yesterday and it the main irritation for me was my beard growth because I didn't shave yesterday.

The cloth one solved the problem and is much less noticeable that I was wearing one. Whether or not it will be cheaper in the long run, I will have to wait to find out how well they stand up to a few washes
Last edited by markwilding on Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Agree. I bought a cheap cotton one. Even though it covers yor face more than the standard surgical ones its alot nicer to have next to your skin. I ended up eating the fluff off the blue ones within 5 mins!

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:22 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:07 pm
katy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:15 pm If masks are so important for virus control why were they not enforcing the wearing of them 3 months ago? The Leaders of the world are racing from one issue to another like headless chickens.
The more democratic a country the less people will endure these North Korea tactics. We are not sheep.
Exactly Katy, they did not enforce them even when the virus was at it's peak..I think they have grown so used to enjoying the power surge covid19 has given them, it's a case of what can we enforce today/tomorrow/next week..The problem is that people are following like sheep and are being controlled. If covid19 does end i dread to think what kind of a world we will be living in..I see these new political parties surging, they are being given it all on a plate.
What does it matter what the recommendations were three months or six months ago or if they were different from today or from what they will be in three months? Is it difficult to imagine that three months ago the people who are actually competent enough to have an intelligent opinion on this knew less about this new virus than they know today, and less than they will know in another three months?

Following like sheep? In other news, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has suspected this for a while: "Lower cognitive ability linked to non-compliance with social distancing guidelines during the coronavirus outbreak":
https://www.psypost.org/2020/07/covidio ... reak-57293

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks for that, backs up my link I posted in amigos :lolno: :lolno:

Who did you used to be :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/07/1 ... he-public/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:49 pm

The cloth ones I bought in C&A/Dunnes were 4.99€ / 5€ for two. I've got a load of blue medical ones to finish up first and so they will last a while yet.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:30 am

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:32 am

At least I could still wear lipstick!!!

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:45 am

Many designers are now featuring face coverings as part of their new season outfits and as a few have mentioned many of the Wedding shops have them already displayed on the window mannequins. Luckily there seems to be abundant supplies available of plain black ones which I imagine is a godsend for those individuals with an excess of the "look at me gene" as they teeter along the prom in their LBD and heels :wink: As the saying now goes....Mask Up-Stay Safe.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:19 am

Saw on TV that football fans are wearing masks with their teams logo on.
Those I have have all been given to me by friends who were given them by their companies. One given to OH by an Estate agent looks more practical but ugly. Not sure of material, probably some sort of cotton but stretchy. Looks like those old sanitary towels !

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 am

I can confirm they look nothing like a sanitary towel.
More like a patterned hanky
In fact, I have never seen one that looks like a sanitary towel.
I have both the blue type that many people wear and a cloth one and I prefer the cloth one.
Last edited by markwilding on Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:56 am

If you want to avoid wearing one while walking along the beach, just step into the water when a Vigilante passes

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:03 pm

markwilding wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 am I can confirm they look nothing like a sanitary towel.
More like a patterned hanky
In fact, I have never seen one that looks like a sanitary towel.
I have both the blue type that many people wear and a cloth one and I prefer the cloth one.
How can you confirm what you haven’t seen :crazy:

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:12 pm

I gather that masks must be worn when walking on a beach, but not when swimming. You are on a beach, 20 m from the water line and want to go for a swim, so you put on your mask and walk to the sea. What do you do with your mask when you go in the water ?

Parilla

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:43 pm

From what I've read you don't need to wear one whilst sitting on the beach or swimming in the sea, but if you are like many people who stroll up and down along the edge of the sea for miles then you must wear one. I think common sense says that if you are simply walking down from where you are sitting to go straight into the sea to swim then you wouldn't wear one.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Or simply buy a waterproof swimmers wrist or waist pouch available everywhere, similar to ones that people have been using for decades to hold their keys etc when at beach by themselves.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Does anyone know the new rule due in for wearing masks in restaurants. I was told today that once the new rule comes in next week sitting in a bar is not enough to not wear a mask. Apparently every time you go to take a sip of beer you pull mask down and then pull it back up.
I really cant see tourists flocking to Spain for that.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 pm

What new rule? The new rule making masks mandatory in Andalucia came into effect on Wednesday (15th July), heard nothing about adding a caveat like you describe being implemented next week.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:49 am

As with most Spanish laws this is open to interpretation (or misinterpretation). According to this article it looks as though Costakid may well be right:

https://sevilla.abc.es/andalucia/sevi-m ... ticia.html

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am

Surely keep touching the mask to move it between sips of beer is worse than not having it on whilst sitting at a table in a bar or restaurant?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 pm

it is for sure but you cant be fined for touching it but you can for not wearing. Utter madness some of these rules.