Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Walking along Torrox paseo today I didn't see anyone sitting at the restaurants wearing masks.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Read about this rule up in valencia and i think they tried it in murcia but pulled it pretty quickly. god help the chain smokers!! When they start to act dictatorial and autocratic it will cause resentment and make ppl want to rebel and they will lose the support of ppl. The one thing they need inorder for this work.

I dont think many ppl are aware of this "rule" if they do they are probably wondering if its a late april fool.
Last edited by elusive on Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:10 pm Walking along Torrox paseo today I didn't see anyone sitting at the restaurants wearing masks.
Similar in Torre del Mar, as we had a drink at one of the Chringuito's along the beach prom everyone walking was masked up and the ones that stopped off sat down ordered drinks with waiter then took masks off, many put their masks into individual ziplock bags to keep them as clean as possible. Then enjoyed their drinks took in the sun, watched the world go by, put masks on paid for drinks and wandered off to get on with their day. No big drama.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:10 pm Walking along Torrox paseo today I didn't see anyone sitting at the restaurants wearing masks.
Because the sitting in restaurant rule in a mask isn't in yet

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:06 pm

firsttango wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:25 pm
Similar in Torre del Mar, as we had a drink at one of the Chringuito's along the beach prom everyone walking was masked up and the ones that stopped off sat down ordered drinks with waiter then took masks off, many put their masks into individual ziplock bags to keep them as clean as possible. Then enjoyed their drinks took in the sun, watched the world go by, put masks on paid for drinks and wandered off to get on with their day. No big drama.
You obviously think I made it up. Beach confirmed that he thought what I had been told was correct.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:17 pm

costakid wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:04 pm
Because the sitting in restaurant rule in a mask isn't in yet
When does this rule come in then? And please supply an official link to this new law that is due to start

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:28 pm

It must be a joke. It’s totally unenforceable. Drink through a straw or sip your G&T slowly. OK, once you have finished your meal and just talking, fair enough, but again, who will enforce it. We do not intend to go to any bars or restaurants until all the visitors have gone home. We will just have a lunch party for our friends every weekend. American style, each bring some booze and food. Social distancing adhered to!

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Quite right what we are doing around here. Even taking our own glasses.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm

In the link from ABCAndalucia it states this:

"Es más, indican en la Consejería de Salud, la mascarilla es obligatoria cuando se acaba de consumir y si se quiere hacer una sobremesa. Es decir, siempre que no se esté consumiendo, hay que llevar la mascarilla."

"The Ministry of Health states that the mask is compulsory when you have stopped eating also if you want to have a chat after the meal. That is to say that, if you are not eating or drinking, you must wear the mask."

Does that mean you must put it on between mouthfuls, between each course? It certainly means whilst you are having a chat after the meal.

Is it really worth it? I agree with Sid. I would certainly rather eat in the comfort of my own home although I have heard a suggestion that masks should be compulsory in private premises. How to enforce? Perhaps they will insist that we all install one of 1984's two way telescreens. We already have the rewriting of history and the indoctrination of the proletariat to report each other to the thought police so why not?

On the other hand I have also seen suggestions that the an Autonomous Government has no authority to override a currently valid governmental Royal Decree.

It's all a bit of a mess really and certainly beyond a joke.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 pm

The only confusion is due to speculation in this thread.

It is absolutely clear here.

In restaurants this rule will be exempt when eating, drinking or smoking for example on a bar terrace. If you are sat at your table with your family or nucleus of friends, you will not have to wear this either. If you are sat by yourself then the same applies you do not have to wear the mask.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/07/ ... andalucia/

and here

http://www.surinenglish.com/local/20200 ... 40140.html

and here

https://global.fm/news/new-face-mask-ru ... andalucia/

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 pm

Perhaps but your sources aren’t all that reliable are they, Euro weekly news huh!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:48 pm

I gave three sources which all say the same thing. huh!

If you can show me something to the contrary. I'd be happy to look at it. Even Beachcomber's link adds this 'Jesús Aguirre explican que la norma general es la que se usa en la playa'

'The general rule is what is used on the beach'

Add to that the anecdotal experiences of members who have posted today.
firsttango wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:25 pm Similar in Torre del Mar, as we had a drink at one of the Chringuito's along the beach prom everyone walking was masked up and the ones that stopped off sat down ordered drinks with waiter then took masks off, many put their masks into individual ziplock bags to keep them as clean as possible. Then enjoyed their drinks took in the sun, watched the world go by, put masks on paid for drinks and wandered off to get on with their day. No big drama.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:14 am

I don't read the English language gutter press rags so I wouldn't know and if I lived nearly a thousand kilometres away I don't think I would be relying on them as my primary source of information.

The full quote in ABC regarding the beach states:

'que la norma general es la que se usa en la playa: a no ser que se esté quieto -sentado o tumbado en la arena- y a metro y medio de los demás, hay que llevar la mascarilla siempre.'

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:37 am

Around a 1000 people have already been fined in Malaga. Who keeps the money, the Police? Read that schoolchildren over 6 will have to wear masks in classrooms.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:03 am

In the comments section of one of the newspaper articles I read there was one from someone who was offering to contest the fines for free as a class action as he was firmly of the opinion that the Junta de Andalucía law could not legally supercede the unrepealed national law.

He did not give his name but said that he could be contacted via the newspaper which, I think, was ABC. It will be interesting to see if there is any follow up.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:21 am

In conversations with people I've also heard that the fines might not be legal.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 am

Anyway,

Perhaps it is time Van Morrison re-released "Who was that masked man"... ( probably not Donald Trump ! )

anyroads

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:12 am

How about 'Killing Mask' by Buckethead? Seems quite appropriate.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:59 pm

Would a letter on NHS paper or email from same saying your exempt stand up in Spain?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:46 pm

I very much doubt it. It would work if it was from a Spanish doctor.

Maybe show them your inhaler.

Sid