Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:59 am

markwilding wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:53 pm
Lavanda wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:28 pm Agreed, Costakid. The hot summer weather and the perspiration that makes the masks damp is, surely, a greater health hazard that breathing in the fresh air. However, we don't have options. This is all an amazing exercise in how to make sensible, rational people do insensible irrational things. We all know it's bonkers yet we do it. Mobilising whole societies to act like sheep is not actually that hard, is it? like
Since when has it been irrational to protect yourself from danger?
We do all sorts of uncomfortable things to protect ourselves. I don't particularly like having to put on sticky sun cream or wearing hats etc in the sun, It's much more comfortable not to wear a seat belt in a car or a helmet on bikes and motor bikes etc etc etc. I don't need glasses and I'm not looking forward to the day when it's will be necessary leaving a red mark on the bridge of my nose.

Talking about sheep, What is bonkers is people getting their advice from obscure websites with debunked theories which dangerously erode trust in mainstream science or using opinion as some sort of replacement for scientific evidence.

Having said that, I thought the current rule of only having to wear one in situations where it's not possible to keep at least 1.5 metres was enough and agree with most posters that this is overkill as I would prefer not to wear a mask but it's nowhere near as bad as you are describing even in hot weather. The biggest problems I have is I can't wear my sunglasses as they steam up so I imagine it must be awkward for those with glasses and sometimes speech can sound a little muffled. I certainly don't sweat more.

Btw, you cannot give it to yourself so your own sweat is not as great a health hazard as breathing in air next to someone who has got the virus if you or they are not wearing a mask. However, It is important that they are washed or changed on a regular basis so as to avoid a build up of nasties. It's also really important not to hold them in your hand or at least if you do, not to touch the inside part.
You have contradicted the start of your post. The start doesn't match the ending. My point is wearing a mask for a week must be more hazardous to the wearer than not wearing one.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:31 am

I was actually referring to Lavender's post but your point has nothing to do with the obligatory wearing of a mask. It's obvious that they need to be kept clean or changed on a regular basis. Bad hygiene is a personal thing. Someone who doesn't change their masks regularly probably doesn't clean or change his toothbrush regularly either,

There are some really dirty people around. That never changes.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:54 am

It has everything to do with it. It is not off topic either.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 am

We are getting mixed up here. My original post did not refer to yours and I have changed it to reflect that

However, My point is still the same. It's common sense to keep you mask clean or change it regularly so it's not a problem unless somebody has poor hygiene.

Obviously, wearing one in some places would be a major inconvenience. However, looking at other places where these restrictions are in place, beaches and while doing exercise is exempt

But as far as I can see it, it is only at a discussion stage and there will be a vote in the Andalusian parliament today so nothing is clear yet to how far the restrictions will go.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:47 am

OK. I will be watching with interest if they having a vote on it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 am

Already here, just needs a rubber stamp today: https://www.facebook.com/566182724/post ... 791582725/
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:28 pm

The clue to why regions are making wearing a mask arbitrary is further down the Facebook page you posted Peter.

https://www.facebook.com/679079299/vide ... 956294300/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Average temperature for my village in Extremadura for the next seven days is 38.71ºC.

Average temperature for Bilbao for the next seven days is 25.28ºC.

I cannot imagine why a person in Extremadura might perspire in a mask while one in Bilbao would not. Any ideas??????

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Yes but you need to factor in humidity as well. ‘Bochorno’ is a phrase that is banded about a lot here. Muggy sticky sweaty heat.

I agree under the direct sun in the middle of the afternoon is much hotter than here but most sensible Spanish avoid doing so

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 pm

"I agree under the direct sun in the middle of the afternoon is much hotter than here "
"Muggy sticky sweaty heat."

It is much hotter in Extremadura than in Bilbao at any time and not only in the middle of the afternoon and as for the muggy, etc, heat, sorry, but 25ºC is not heat. However, I am not being argumentative as, clearly, we are comparing two different parts of Spain. Therefore, when I write that I perspire when wearing a mask it's not relevant that you tell me you don't. Of course you don't. Lucky you.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:33 pm

I do perspire, not because of the mask but because of the heat. Anyway, you have completely missed my point. If your mask is soaked in sweat, then change the mask but it is more dangerous not to wear a mask than to have a sweaty one.

In the end from talking to students today, it seems that the main reason for the changes in the rules is the problem with many people not following social distance rules and many are the new outbreaks are in young people who congregate in large groups in holiday areas and villages

Many people who head to their second homes are also not wearing masks when they are supposed to while being far too relaxed and that is separate from those clowns in the video I posted who think it's fine to flout the local laws.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Mark. did you read this from the british medical journal

Face masks make breathing more difficult.4
Moreover, a
fraction of carbon dioxide previously exhaled is inhaled at
each respiratory cycle. Those phenomena increase breathing
frequency and deepness, and they may worsen the burden
of covid-19 if infected people wearing masks spread more
contaminated air. This may also worsen the clinical condition
of infected people if the enhanced breathing pushes the viral
load down into their lungs

https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/369/bmj.m2003.full.pdf

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:03 pm

They certainly do make breathing more difficult. Yes.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:16 pm

Why are people still trying to play down the importance of wearing masks in public? We are already seeing what happens in the USA where a leader plays down the importance of wearing masks and social distancing. Virus cases there are now at an all time high. Ok, masks are not perfect and are inconvient and we would all prefer if we didn't have to wear them, but unfortunately we need to.

This is what the BMA says:-

“For someone, not wearing a face covering, and who has the virus or is a carrier, the risk of transmitting the virus to another person close by is 70%. By the carrier wearing a covering, that drops to just 5%. If a carrier and healthy person both wear masks, the probability of transmitting the virus is just 1.5%1. It makes absolute sense therefore that the wearing of masks will significantly help bring this pandemic further under control and reduce even further the risk of a second spike.

https://www.bma.org.uk/bma-media-centre ... -of-course

But, hey lets not believe what medical professionals say, let's believe idiots like Trump, etc.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:30 pm

The Locals here were all wearing them today even before the law has been passed, but then again the majority have for weeks. Cannot see an issue personally and if the locals wear them without whingeing then thats good enough for me even if a bit uncomfortable in the current heat.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Agree with you FirstTango at least then we will all know that we have to wear them all the time, no arguments.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 pm

We already know that we have to wear them all the time, everywhere and with everyone, at the moment. That's not the issue. It is whether it is better for us to do that, or not, for the health of ourselves and others — but that is academic. We have to wear them regardless of all and any considerations.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:01 pm

The compulsory wearing of masks at all times has nothing to do with the health of the population but more to do with oppression of the masses by political control freaks and to help the police and Guardia Civil to impose fines without having to prove that an alleged offender was within 1,5 metres of another person. A bit like one of the original rules that a couple could spend the night in the same bed but not travel in the same vehicle!

It is also is in preparation for when they come up with a dangerous concoction of poisonous cr@p that they will claim is a vaccine against the virus and will insist that is obligatory to have it pumped willy-nilly into our otherwise healthy bodies and which, in turn, will destroy our otherwise perfectly efficient immune systems merely because an infinitesimal percentage of the world population has died allegedly as a result of corona virus. This is despite the many proven examples of deaths that were falsely attributed to the virus.

Just imagine the scenario. "Now that nice Mr Gates and that even nicer Mr Fauci have perfected a vaccine against this horrible virus you won't have to wear those nasty masks any more. Isn't that nice?"

An ever increasing number of scientists and physicians are coming forward and challenging the diktats of the WHO and NIAID on the treatment of the virus in general and the wearing of masks in particular but instead of engaging in discussions with them they they are immediately censored, sidelined and ridiculed by the unholy alliance of the big tech and big pharma cartel which does not want a solution to the virus other than their own poisonous vaccine.

The indoctrinated sheeple followers of the Silicon Valley Mafia have been so brainwashed that they are only too happy to engage in the ridicule without realising that they are rushing towards the edge of the cliff like a bunch of lemmings although I am sure that some of these people have regular orgasms at the thought of living under some kind of totalitarian dystopia

These scientists and physicians are then left with no alternative but to turn to lesser known media outlets in order to air their views. This then enables their detractors to claim that their opinions are not valid because they can only be found on 'obscure' websites. Some of these web sites, however, have become far less obscure recently with The High Wire, for example, having been in the top ten most visited web sites over the past few months.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:15 pm

If masks are so important for virus control why were they not enforcing the wearing of them 3 months ago? The Leaders of the world are racing from one issue to another like headless chickens.
The more democratic a country the less people will endure these North Korea tactics. We are not sheep.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:23 pm

It has now been approved by the government. Additional measures will be announced tomorrow

Sid