Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:32 pm

Brainwashing and indoctrination works both ways.

So it matters not what anyone thinks they have to be worn in Andalusia and other areas in Spain. I have changed my holiday to 2 weeks in the south and as already mentioned. although it's preferable not to wear one, I know that it's no big deal either.

No announcement yet, but there are sounds coming out of the UK that the UK will bring in mandatory face masks in shops soon.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:07 pm

katy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:15 pm If masks are so important for virus control why were they not enforcing the wearing of them 3 months ago? The Leaders of the world are racing from one issue to another like headless chickens.
The more democratic a country the less people will endure these North Korea tactics. We are not sheep.
Exactly Katy, they did not enforce them even when the virus was at it's peak..I think they have grown so used to enjoying the power surge covid19 has given them, it's a case of what can we enforce today/tomorrow/next week..The problem is that people are following like sheep and are being controlled. If covid19 does end i dread to think what kind of a world we will be living in..I see these new political parties surging, they are being given it all on a plate.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:56 pm

The UK didn’t enforce them at the start because they were trying to discourage people from buying them with the excuse that it would reduce the avalabity of masks for the NHS, in fact due only because of their failure to plan ahead and have adequate supplies. Now that you can buy then in packs of 100 from Amazon, they have changed their minds.

When Spain introduced them on public transport ages ago, every train station and bus station had police there handing out free masks. Strange that they didn’t have a supply problem.

There seems to me little doubt that they do stop you becoming infected, if not why do front line medics wear high grade FFP2/3 masks when dealing with Covid cases. It’s certainly not to protect the patient. In fact the type of masks they wear do not protect the patient at all as they all have one way valves on them to make it easier to exhale unfiltered breath.

One comment the Spanish PM made was that, at the moment, some areas, like Andalucia, are suffering from “touristophobia” and as compliance with all the restrictions is lessening, as it always will over time, now is the time to introduce it.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:20 pm

Sid, your comments regarding the Uk are totally correct, they did fail to plan ahead thus putting the population in danger and i doubt some people will forget that despite other people finding excuses for them. All of this what would you have done different in a pandemic is no excuse for a government who had been given a report several years earlier regarding PPE in case of a pandemic. They simply chose to ignore it because they didn't want to spend the money.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:39 pm

The scary thing, for me, is that an adult person's right to make choices for themselves is fast disappearing.

You know the scene, one person's choice NOT to wear a mask will put in danger another person's health, so masks become compulsory. In a sane world the person whose health is at risk should be the one to stay at home!!!

Equally, the idea that ALL children should be vaccinated to protect the few who cannot be vaccinated because of a compromised immune system, is criminally mad. The few children who are at risk should stay at home!!!

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 pm

Has anyone here genuinely known anyone not in the health sector or in the vulnerable category (in a care home/hospital) who has contracted Covid 19. I haven't and have still not found anyone yet who has. And I meet a lot of people, a lot of people.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:28 pm

DA. How do you know? I came over to the Uk 3rd March. My dad was in hospital for two weeks. During the second week he developed a cough(with phlegm) which lasted three weeks. Three days later I got it and felt lousy. Having to take paracetamol. After a week my eye "exploded". I put that down to the coughing. My dad says he got the cough from my brother who had it end of Feb.

Did we have CV19? Who knows? Now seems conjunctivitis is also a symptom. Without testing you just don't know. For everyone with symptoms there will be those without.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Olive, How do I know what? I was asking a question.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:45 pm

Wearing masks in shops has now become mandatory in the Uk from 24th July, anyone who doesn't comply will be fined £100.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 pm

COVID-19 is not a cough with phlegm. I only know my Cousin who caught it and was in intensive care. She caught it from a friend who caught it in the Canaries. She lives in Yorkshire. Never had a case here in all the villages. Many of the people currently being confirmed do not have symptoms, says it all.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:50 pm

katy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 pm Many of the people currently being confirmed do not have symptoms, says it all.
It says more than it all. WTF is going on?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:45 pm Wearing masks in shops has now become mandatory in the Uk from 24th July, anyone who doesn't comply will be fined £100.
Our local Waitrose staff don’t even wear masks. Total stupidity. If that important why wait so long! People aren’t enjoying shopping now with queuing to get in, not being able to try on clothes, this will be another nail in the economy. Where will it end.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 pm

katy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:45 pm Wearing masks in shops has now become mandatory in the Uk from 24th July, anyone who doesn't comply will be fined £100.
Our local Waitrose staff don’t even wear masks. .
Neither do ours, and none of them have come down with Covid....as have any of the other shop workers, mechanics, chemists and the rest who've worked through the last 4 months. At least in our area anyway, if they had I'd know.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:01 pm

However whilst Covid is being named as sole cause on death certificates of poor souls who've died in Hospices the fear is still being spread.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Whatever happened to clean hands which at one time was deemed most important.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:11 pm

Oh another very minor point. If wearing face masks in shops is so important in saving lives then why not insist on it from today....instead of 11 days time? Very similar in Spain too....lock the population up for 3 months then open all borders to holiday makers when lockdown eases.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:37 pm

I think it was on the cards the min Bojo started prancing about wearing one, it was set up prior to any announcement being made, if the PM can wear one and set an example bla bla..Pity he didn't think about it after he had a bout of Covid19 but as it has already been pointed out they didn't have the supplies so discouraged the use of masks as being quite useless.
Another nail in the coffin for retail, as Katy said you can't try anything on so what is the point of going.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 pm

Forgot to ask, is it the same in Spain/Andalucia, no trying on clothes or shoes in stores?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:58 pm

0.02% death rate is with Covid, not from it. Although there is a soon to be proven case that people who have been signed off as dying from Covid didn't.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:49 am

Like you, DA, I know a lot of people but do not know anyone who has had Covid-19 or anyone who knows anyone who has had it.

To me, there is something else going on and it is looking more and more like a practice in the manipulation and control of the population for a reason, as yet, unclear (to me). I am a completely normal, sane human being but what has happened over the last six months is deeply disturbing and the worst is that people are not thinking for themselves and questioning what is going on. Civil liberties? What the heck were they? We had then once — but not now.