Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 am

Devils Advocate wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:50 pm
katy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 pm Many of the people currently being confirmed do not have symptoms, says it all.
It says more than it all. WTF is going on?
It says nothing more than in your area most people are asymptomatic. They still carry the virus and can pass it on to others.

This area was a hotspot
A student’s dad died
The only other English guy living around here’s dad died
A neighbour
My wife’s boss
A Porter in my wife’s department
Then there are those who had symptoms including students and friends, coincidently( or not ), all living in the same small built up area.
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:50 am, edited 7 times in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:28 am

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 pm Forgot to ask, is it the same in Spain/Andalucia, no trying on clothes or shoes in stores?
In big shops like dunnes,C&A you cant. Returns policy has been changed in accordance. But alot of smaller shops allow you to. They just disinfect the clothes if you dont buy them. I guess the bigger shops wont give a worker etc shifts manning the changing rooms so you get huge ques at the checkout as ppl return clothes they bought. No different till or extra staff on for that either. i need things but frankly cant be bothered.im not buying something then having to find a public toilet in a shopping centre to try it on then going back and stand queing to return it to only buy another size and go through the process again. They are quite capable of opening a reduced amount of changing rooms but wont give staff the extra work

A couple of friends in belgium had it. One spent a week in hospital the other stayed at home. Considering the lack of cases in andalucia compairing population and in general cases compairing population (bar hotspots) then the % will be small

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:06 am

markwilding wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 am
It says nothing more than in your area most people are asymptomatic. They still carry the virus and can pass it on to others.
And how would you know that Mark? These are the sort of unproven statements that started making me doubt the whole thing was as bad as portrayed. Another scare tactic, ie nobody has it here but "most of us carry it", no chance. The number of people testing positive in the N/W of England is tiny as it is in Andalucia.

I am not a doubter of the fact that there is a virus around and people have caught it, I'm a doubter of how serious a problem it is to 99.998 of the population.

Bilbao and the surrounding areas suffered at the peak a few months back which of course is very sad, however how the hell does that equate to forcing families to wear masks on a lonely track on Mount Maroma or Extremadura?

I go back to what I said a week or so back, the 1968 pandemic was far worse, and yet the world never stopped.
None of it stacks up.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:56 am

Devils Advocate wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 pm Has anyone here genuinely known anyone not in the health sector or in the vulnerable category (in a care home/hospital) who has contracted Covid 19. I haven't and have still not found anyone yet who has. And I meet a lot of people, a lot of people.
This is going to sound very convoluted, but my sister-in-law's mother had a group of 6 friends who had booked a cruise before the pandemic started and decided to go ahead with it. After returning to the UK, all 6 became ill and tested positive for the virus, and one of them subsequently died, 3 days after being admitted to hospital.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:02 am

FAL, yes those cruise ships were a breeding ground sadly, yet they still insisted on sailing. Floating cities.

It still does not warrant a blanket order for all to wear face masks wherever they may be though I'd have thought, in a logical world that is.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:13 am

OK
Look at it like this. Just because you are using an umbrella doesn't mean it isn't raining. Take it down, you get wet again.
We took measures and reduced the cases. The fact the worst scenario didn't occur was down to these measures. The question should be how many lives were saved by going into lockdown.

It doesn't matter where the outbreaks are in Spain because places like Extremadura and small villages all over Spain suddenly fill up in July and August and from reading the news, tourist are not taking the 1.5 metre rule seriously. Remember it's not central government who has made the decision, it the local regional government in Extremadura who have done so to protect their own citizens from the influx from places like Madrid and Barcelona where there are still outbreaks.

Statistical comparisons with other outbreaks for the moment are pointless because we are in the middle of this one so we don't know the whole picture yet. For example, the USA where things are looking bad again.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:38 am

markwilding wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:13 am

Statistical comparisons with other outbreaks for the moment are pointless because we are in the middle of this one so we don't know the whole picture yet. For example, the USA where things are looking bad again.
It seems like any point questioning these decisions being taken is classed as pointless.

Your umbrella analogy is understandable, however I and many others don't use them as rain can't do us any harm, so not quite the same.

I maintain, I cannot understand the reasoning behind disrupting an entire country, manipulating its citizens and causing fear amongst those who need not fear. The damage has been done, the vulnerable we should have protected were let down.

Wearing masks at all times wherever you are is an unneeded and stupid ruling in my view, and an abuse of power. As for how many would have died without the restrictions, my guess is pretty much the same amount as with them.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:43 am

Free at Last wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:56 am
Devils Advocate wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 pm Has anyone here genuinely known anyone not in the health sector or in the vulnerable category (in a care home/hospital) who has contracted Covid 19. I haven't and have still not found anyone yet who has. And I meet a lot of people, a lot of people.
This is going to sound very convoluted, but my sister-in-law's mother had a group of 6 friends who had booked a cruise before the pandemic started and decided to go ahead with it. After returning to the UK, all 6 became ill and tested positive for the virus, and one of them subsequently died, 3 days after being admitted to hospital.
Which cruise ship was it? Aside from the fiasco of Princess in Australia where passengers were trapped on board there has been little contagion from cruises. Surprised there was nothing in the media about that.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:44 am

Devils Advocate wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:06 am
markwilding wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 am
And how would you know that Mark?
You've got to be joking!

Common question
How does the coronavirus disease spread?

Data from published epidemiology and virologic studies provide evidence that COVID-19 is primarily transmitted from symptomatic people to others who are in close contact through respiratory droplets, by direct contact with infected persons, or by contact with contaminated objects and surfaces.Apr 2, 2020

Unsurprisingly, most of us don't take our advice from someone who just guesses.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:52 am

The new spikes are just from increased testing and tracing. Majority no symptoms so what’s the problem. Let it run it’s course. Lockdown was supposed to be easing but even more restrictions are coming out everyday. Mass hysteria fed by the media. In a few weeks time I can see two thirds of some countries in isolation at home.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:54 am

Ahh ok, no discussion then and it's back to "You've got to be joking". Seriously I'm not joking, I'm deadly serious about everything I say.

Especially the bit you've quoted. ie How do you know most people in my area are asymptomatic? That's what I'd call guesswork.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:57 am

Most people have been turned into sheepies and believe anything the fear mongering media feeds them. Lates is the massive deaths there will be this winter given that their over inflated figures didn’t come true last time how do they get away with it.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:06 am

katy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:57 am Most people have been turned into sheepies and believe anything the fear mongering media feeds them. Lates is the massive deaths there will be this winter given that their over inflated figures didn’t come true last time how do they get away with it.

There will be lots of deaths this winter sadly, as there have been in winters past. It's an awful fact of life.

However if they can attribute cause of death as Covid 19 to a person who was in a hospice I dread to think how they will determine winter flu from Covid. The media will love it and we who question this charade will have "We told you so" flung at us.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:10 am

katy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:43 am
Free at Last wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:56 am
Which cruise ship was it? Aside from the fiasco of Princess in Australia where passengers were trapped on board there has been little contagion from cruises. Surprised there was nothing in the media about that.
I don't know which cruise ship. My brother just told me about the death of his mother-in-law's friend and the fact that the group of people she'd travelled with, after I was saying that I didn't know anyone who had contracted the virus or died from it, and did he know of anyone. He has no agenda to lie about it.

But actually, over 40 cruise ships have had confirmed cases of coronavirus on board, up to 2 May 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... uise_ships

I am not in favour of people being made to wear masks outdoors in public, by the way, I think it is ridiculous unless they are going to be standing in a crowd for some time. On public transport, at the hairdresser/barber and in shops/offices, I think the potential risk of transmission is higher therefore I agree with masks being worn in those indoor spaces.
Last edited by Free at Last on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:15 am

Yes DA most of the deaths at home and stated Covid as cause never had confirmation or a post Mortum . A sign off from GP all that is necessary during the crisis. There has been more Covid deaths at home than in hospital...food for thought.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:15 am

Devils Advocate wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:54 am Ahh ok, no discussion then and it's back to "You've got to be joking". Seriously I'm not joking, I'm deadly serious about everything I say.

Especially the bit you've quoted. ie How do you know most people in my area are asymptomatic? That's what I'd call guesswork.
Devils Advocate wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:50 pm
katy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 pm Many of the people currently being confirmed do not have symptoms, says it all.
It says more than it all. WTF is going on?
I was quoting Katy and your response.
WTF is going on?....Some people don't have symptoms but they still carry the virus.

That's reason why they have to wear masks as a preventative measure.
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:21 am

Free at Last wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:10 am He has no agenda to lie about it.
I'm a million % certain he's not lying FAL, I've no doubt about what he says is anything but the truth.

I know of people locally who have died, in care home and it's been attributed to Covid 19.

I also know a doctor who had Covid 19 and was poorly in bed for 10 days at home.

What I've yet to find or hear of is a person going about their daily duties, outside of the NHS, care homes, cruise ships and similar circumstances who've caught it, many local shops were open during March,April,May,June and I know of not one of the many staff who's tested positive for it, let alone been ill with it.

Again I believe a new strain of flu called Covid is with us, I don't deny that and I know it's claimed lives. However the measures and the fear tactics being used against the population is so over the top there has to be more to it than what we are force fed to believe.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:24 am

So 99.9% have to wear masks, not go to football and other sports or the theatre etc to protect the vulnerable. Be easier to restrict the vulnerable and support them. The only agenda now seems to be to prevent death.

Logically following the Science as sheepies say there would be a massive death rate amongst supermarket workers.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:36 am

Devils Advocate wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:21 am
I'm a million % certain he's not lying FAL, I've no doubt about what he says is anything but the truth.

I know of people locally who have died, in care home and it's been attributed to Covid 19.

I also know a doctor who had Covid 19 and was poorly in bed for 10 days at home.

What I've yet to find or hear of is a person going about their daily duties, outside of the NHS, care homes, cruise ships and similar circumstances who've caught it, many local shops were open during March,April,May,June and I know of not one of the many staff who's tested positive for it, let alone been ill with it.

[/quote]

Sorry DA, I was replying to Katy's post, not yours, and messed up the quotes.

It was reported at the weekend that there are two new cases of the virus here in Vélez (one of them involving someone who works at a food processing factory) - which originated from people having attended the huge funeral wake in Granada province for a teenager who died. Says in the press today that half of all the new outbreaks across Spain stem from family gatherings of some kind.

I don't agree with Katy that the strategy now is just to prevent death. I think it continues to be to try to avoid the health services and particularly ICUs filling up again and potentially becoming overwhelmed. That didn't happen everywhere, but did in a lot of areas and the consequences for staff and patients alike weren't good. Up to now, in Spain we are told that the vast majority of new cases have either mild or no symptoms, but if the virus is allowed to spread unchecked that may not continue to be the case.
Last edited by Free at Last on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:37 am

I welcome you both to the sheepies or even better you not joining us and seeing you in the news making a stand against oppression and the deep state.

Because whether you like it or not masks have to be worn in public many places in Spain and when you finally wear one because you will,, you'll wonder what the hysteria you are reading was all about.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... -hand.html
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.