can't access 'portalweb.prpmalaga.es'

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: can't access 'portalweb.prpmalaga.es'

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm

What a bizarre thing to do especially at a time when non-resident owners are struggling to keep their paperwork up together and ensure the payment of bills from abroad because they are unable to travel to Spain with any degree of certainty.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Guess it means securing the site is easier. Doubt the web managers are considering absent foreign home owners. After all they will get their money eventaully plus possibly late payment fine.. Win win for them.
Regards

Bob

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:08 pm

It does explain why I was unable to get an up to date bill when we were selling the house ;-) (the lawyer in Spain got it for me)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

NeilS
Tourist

Postby NeilS » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm

What a pain! How is a UK resident expected to pay their IBI??!!!!! Rant over. Thanks for your help. I think I can get a proxy server from my spanish telecoms provider.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Hi NeilS,
Thanks for the heads up on the Málaga site, I've just checked out the Jaén one from UK and it's still OK from UK.

This will be a big deal starting next year when "visits" will possibly be limited to 90 days. :(
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Not for that site specifically, but sometimes the security certificates on websites throw a wobbly if your computer clock time is different to the site's server, so if you get "Invalid Server Certificate Error" try setting your British PC to Spanish time temporarily.
This is nothing to do with Spanish Cl@ve, it's a general SSL thing (more here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tr ... e-websites).

oblong113

Postby oblong113 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:11 am

Thanks for this info guys, I've been pulling my hair out trying to get to the https://portalweb.prpmalaga.es/ website from the UK to get my IBI bill.
It kept timing out.
As suggested, I've now set up the (Avast) VPN, selected a Spanish server and got into the site straight away.
Relief.