NEW RESIDENTS CARD

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

NEW RESIDENTS CARD

Postby patricia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:14 am

I have just received this in my email address. Can someone confirm this to be true!

"All British residents will need to apply for the new resident card with a photo called TIE, Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjeros, from January 2021 onwards. To start gaining time, the National Police has now commenced the period to start applying for this new Residencia. The procedure will be easier for those who already have a green updated resident card or sheet as you can change it for the new resident card TIE with simple paperwork at Torre del Mar police station, if you have the following:  A green card or sheet stating in the middle front part “residente comunitario permanente” or  A green card with the date at the bottom not over 5 years.
You will obtain your new TIE Residencia in approx. 30 to 45 days. You have to go to Torre del Mar police twice, both times with appointments. The first time, you present all the documents, put your fingerprint and will be given a provisional receipt. In your 2nd appointment approx. 45 days after, you present the provisional receipt, put your fingerprint again and collect your new TIE Residencia card.
DOCUMENTS TO PRESENT AT TORRE DEL MAR POLICE STATION  Passport. Original to show + 1 copy.  1 colour passport size photo.  Appointment number. Download it. See example on next page.  Application form EX-23 + 1 copy Download it. See example on next page.  Bank payment form for 12 €. Download Modelo 790 See example on last page.  A padron volante from the reception of the Town Hall, ground floor, if you have changed address.  The original old green resident card or sheet. If you have lost the original, you have to make a denuncia report at any guardia civil. You can also make the denuncia at Torre del Mar police station just before your appointment time.

They recommend you contact a consulting agency, Asesoria, as the procedure is quite complicated. Their prices can be approx. 150 € for 1 residencia and approx. 200 € for 2 residencias."

It is from a reliable source. The Capistrano news Letter. :problem:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: NEW RESIDENTS CARD

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:29 am

There's already a thread about this
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=40164

I have already made our appointments with the Torre del Mar police station for the end of this month and the fee is only 12€ pp. All the info and links to the forms and appointment website are in the thread above, although your email you've received seems to have all the info.

It doesn't seem to be too difficult, although I have read in more than one place that those of us with the green card don't have to change. It is a matter of choice but there's a number of us who prefer to have the photo ID card rather than the old green card.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:39 am

OK thanks for that Wicksey. I was under the impression that you didnt have to change if you have "residente comunitario permanente".

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:46 am

Blimey, 150 euros for one. It's is a bit complicated but not 150 euros complicated.

Whether or not it will be obligotory is not clear yet. I have read in various places it will not be, However, the lady, where I did mine told me that everyone will eventually have to do it.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:53 am

Very expensive. I will not be using them!! needless to say. I will do it myself the same as Wicksey. :thumbup:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:32 pm

patricia wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:39 am OK thanks for that Wicksey. I was under the impression that you didnt have to change if you have "residente comunitario permanente".
You dont have to change it if you have any type of green residents card. But the general thought is that at one point it will be made a requirement the same as all non E.U. probably saying it now to keep the appointments down. I wouldnt pay anyone to do it as thoses prices. loads trying to cash in.Cant be any harder than the original application!!!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Quite agree elusive. Ridiculous price.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:44 am

There have been warnings from some town halls about scams. I don't think you have to do anything just now if you have a permanent residency

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:33 am

Hi Patricia

It is a scam. Don't do it. Rather wait for an official announcement in the Local Newspaper. Just be careful of these scamsters,that's all I am saying. I have heard nothing yet about this procedure down here in Andalusia.

David

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:43 am

Hi Patricia

More info for you at CAB Spain

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/the-p ... plication/

David

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:50 am

No I am not going to do it with that company. If I do it I will do it myself.

However having been in touch with the town hall. It is at the moment voluntary, but next year it will be compulsory. That is what the town hall has said.
Last edited by patricia on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am

But if you wait until next year will it include the rights under the withdrawal agreement?

If people want to do it for themselves then obviously they should, in just the same way that they complete their own tax returns, but if some people want to pay someone to do it for them it is not necessarily a scam.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:40 pm

The suggestion to use a gestor was regarding the new requirements for people who do not already have residency. This is a much more complicated procedure needing proof of income, health cover, etc. and involves going to 2 different offices, one of which is in Málaga.

In my opinion, €200 for a couple is very good value and I would recommend it to potential new residents. The procedure for existing residents is very simple and does not justify using a gestor.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am But if you wait until next year will it include the rights under the withdrawal agreement?

If people want to do it for themselves then obviously they should, in just the same way that they complete their own tax returns, but if some people want to pay someone to do it for them it is not necessarily a scam.
Alsong as you have some type of residency before the end of the year your rights are protected.the only ppl who need to do anything by dec 31st are the ones with no resident papers at all. They will apply straight out for a TIE everyone else can swap or not at their leisure at the mo. If you apply from scratch pre dec 31st you come under the withdrawl if you apply from scratch from next year you come under third country rules

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Do you have an official source for this information?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:39 pm

"If you are living in Spain before 1 January 2021 and register as a resident after 6 July 2020, you will be issued with a biometric residence card called a Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero (TIE). This card will prove your rights under the Withdrawal Agreement.
If you registered as a resident before 6 July 2020, you will have a green A4 certificate or credit card-sized piece of paper from Extranjeria or the police. This is still a valid document and will prove your rights under the Withdrawal Agreement, including after the transition period ends. You can exchange your paper residence document for the new TIE but you do not need to.

The green paper residence certificate and the new biometric TIE card are equally valid in proving your residence status and rights in Spain."

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:48 pm

I ask again, do you have an official (Spanish) source for this information?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:06 pm Do you have an official source for this information?
It’s in the withdrawal agreement. If you are legally resident at the end of the transition period you have 6 months to apply for a TIE.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:06 pm

This isn't what it says on the MIR web site. We all know what the Spanish are like when it comes to EU regulations. Look at the mess that resulted from them being told to withdraw the need for ID cards for residents of EU member states in the mid 2000s. The withdrawal agreement has holes in it that any twelve year old kid could pick its way through.

Maybe it will all work out as it is supposed to but I wouldn't bet on it.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Well what the Town Hall has said is that at the moment whilst it is not compulsory to change your Green residential A4 paper to a small card similar to the one we had before, is that whilst at the moment it is voluntary it will be compulsory once the UK has left. :problem:

But we all know that Town Halls make it up as they go along!! :P