Pareja de hecho: documents required for Brits

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
buswell
Tourist

Pareja de hecho: documents required for Brits

Postby buswell » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 am

Hey all,

I'm about to do the pareja de hecho with my Peruvian partner in Malaga. She has all her documentation sorted (as it was a Spanish colony everything they ask for is the same)

But it seems to be more confusing for us! The consulate won't give me a certificate of marital status because it's not needed in Andalusia. Except it IS needed, so they say to get a No Trace Letter from the GRO. Which involves documents coming from England and having to translate and maybe notarise

Happy to do this, I just wanted to see if others had done it and it works!

I had a look through the forum and nothing has been written on it for a few years, but what WAS written is the most relevant thing I've found on the internet!
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=32486&p=317682&hil ... ho#p317682

Thanks!!!

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Pareja de hecho: documents required for Brits

Postby Mariposa » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:07 pm

I’m sorry , we never kept the number but it did seem at the time to be the only way . You have to be quick though as they only accept it as up to date for a very short period of time ( I suppose you could quickly marry someone else in the interim!)