Payment of outstanding bills

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
malcolm_lake
Tourist

Payment of outstanding bills

Postby malcolm_lake » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:58 pm

I live in Coin and I have had no bills for road tax and IBI etc. sent to me by post since June
I am therefore desperately trying to pay all my outstanding bills before the inevitable fines mount up but seemingly to no avail
I have sent mail after mail to [email protected] and [email protected] asking that they send the bills to my email address so that I can take them to the bank and get them paid
Not only do I not receive any bills but I don´t even get an acknowledgement of the mails I keep sending.
I told them in my last mail that I assumed that they had no need of my money and should therefore consider all bill null and void
Even this failed to get a response
Has anybody got any advice as to where I go from here

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Payment of outstanding bills

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Do you have any neighbours? If so why not ask if they have had their IBI bills, there may be some kind of explanation...

malcolm_lake
Tourist

Postby malcolm_lake » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:14 pm

The explanation is simple
They have since 2014 always sent the bills to me by post and I have duly paid them
This year they have stopped this practice , for whatever reason , without informing me and without sending me the bills by email so that I can promptly pay them
The idea being that they can then ILLEGALLY impose whatever fines they like for late payment and thereby make more money for their coffers

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi malcolm_lake,

If you had a Digital Signature you would have been able to Pay On-line.............. :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:46 pm

go to the officina de recaudaccion and ask them to pull up all the outstanding bills for your name, your wifes name, the address, the registration number of your cars.

then you can take them to the bank and pay them, or pay them with your online banking app there and then in the office.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Strange how things work over there and how it seems they can impose fines for late payment of bills which you have not even received..How can any payment be late if you haven't been issued with a bill? It seems to me that people are being fined for their incompetence of not sending out the bill either by post or email.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Why do you not put them on a direct debit?

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:11 pm

Just go to your townhall and ask them to print off your car tax bill and pay it at the bank. All bar the first year we never get the car tax bill in the post so just go upto the townhall in April and they give us the bill.

I guess they expect ppl to keep upto date with their bills. We know when things are due so just make a note when its due

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:40 am

As Sid has already said, the best way is to set up a direct debit. They will do it at the town hall.

malcolm_lake
Tourist

Postby malcolm_lake » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:22 pm

The single best response came from Pamela1 and she makes a very good point
To the others , of course I could set up a direct debit but all this achieves is to relieve the authorities of the responsibility of actually sending out bills and puts the onus squarely back onto the people who , first have to get the bills issued to them , and then actually have to pay the bills , and then also have to pay the fines and costs arbitrarily imposed by the authorities.
Since I started this conversation topic the authorities have , after many emails and several phone calls , actually seen fit to send me some of the bills I asked them for
The four bills received show that I am being charged over 100 Euros for both Apremio and Costas , which is a 10.9% increase on the amount I legally owed in the first place
Very cleverly they did not include R-3 for the Coin/Tasas Gestion , despite it already being October
This is obviously so that they can again charge me for the Apremio and Costas when they finally get around to sending me the bill for R-3 & R-4 , probably sometime in 2021, so as to be able to screw even more money out of me.
I have spoken to a lawyer and he is adamant that these arbitrarily added costs are both illegal and are also fraudulent , but he cautions that taking the authorities to court would take years and would inevitably get nowhere
He advises it is better to try to claim the illegal costs back from the authorities , so my simple question to ALL on Forum Andalucia is who do I complain to and who should I send my claim to
Anybody with any useful information please get back to me soonest possible

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi malcolm_lake,

So many negative vibes.......what happened to the chilled Spanish life style . :?:

Set the Bill payments up so they just happen.............save the planet some trees :D

If you like tinkering on the Computer get a Digital Signature and pay on-line........ :!:

I hope tomorrow you will have a better day.............
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:06 pm

Absolutely agree. There is no point in pratting around worrying about the way the Spanish utilities etc give you the run around. This is Spain, get used to it.

Just do a direct debit like most people do or move somewhere else where they will do it your way (good luck finding such a place).

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 pm

True, I spent more time answering the OPs' post than paying my all bills for the last 10 years

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:50 am

In Almeria we can pay bills online without a digital signature (although I do have one and actually pay all by direct debit) but I don't know if it is possible in other regions.

Just in case anyone is curious here is the link . I paid my friend's car tax for him as he thought he had a direct debit set up but seems not.
https://app.dipalme.org/portaldomi/port ... ionObj.zul
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:38 pm

Another benefit of direct debits is that refunds are easier to be paid without any fuss.
I just received one from the town hall because my son’s car had been used as part of the government scheme to scrap older cars.