Curfew?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
rafiki
Resident

Curfew?

Postby rafiki » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:41 pm

Is the national curfew announced today effective immediately?
Brian.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Curfew?

Postby qe2ex » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:17 pm

No. From N332: "Effective from when State of Alarm comes into effect (some point in next few days, we will keep you updated)".

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:28 pm

It will happen though. I take it you have seen the new rules in Andalucia regarding mask wearing. I'm not sure how it will help or how it can be policed.

Faced with the rising curve of Covid-19 cases, the Board has imposed the mandatory use of the mask on the terraces in Andalusia. With this measure, the government of the community wants to avoid the repetition of the scenes of terraces crowded with people with bare faces, and in many cases without respecting the interpersonal safety distance. The measure has already been published in the Official Gazette of the Junta de Andalucía (BOJA) this Friday.

In this way, customers of bars and restaurants are obliged to wear the mask at all times, even outdoors on the terraces in Andalusia. They can only be removed at the precise moment to drink or eat something .
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 pm

qe2ex wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:17 pm
rafiki wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:41 pm Is the national curfew announced today effective immediately?
No. From N332: "Effective from when State of Alarm comes into effect (some point in next few days, we will keep you updated)".
Thanks. Confusion as usual. I have just seen El Pais in English which states:
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez announced on Sunday a new state of alarm for Spain, which will go into force today.
Brian.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:18 pm

Mask wearing in bars between sips of G and T? How will they police that? I think they are trying to get us all to drink and eat at home.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:21 pm

So curfew between 23.00 and 6 am. How would it work if i need to drive up to the ferry in Santander and need to leave at 4am to be sure to catch my ferry to the uk?? Am i illegal for those 2 hours?

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:22 pm

rafiki wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 pm
qe2ex wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:17 pm
rafiki wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:41 pm Is the national curfew announced today effective immediately?
Thanks. Confusion as usual. I have just seen El Pais in English which states:
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez announced on Sunday a new state of alarm for Spain, which will go into force today.
Hmm, yes, I see elsewhere it also says it's from tonight. Seems a bit rude to spring such a thing on people with only a few hours warning, but what can one do. :-/

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:25 pm

costakid wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:21 pm So curfew between 23.00 and 6 am. How would it work if i need to drive up to the ferry in Santander and need to leave at 4am to be sure to catch my ferry to the uk?? Am i illegal for those 2 hours?
They seem to have a list of "justified reasons". I'm suspect things like that, or getting home from the airport when your plane lands at 22, will be some of the reasons.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:22 am

You may well find travel between provinces isn’t allowed.

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 am

I seem to remember that during the last lockdown there was an exception made for those resident and returning to Spain to allow them to travel back home on return to Spain even though there was a ban on travel between provinces. Wasn't there a letter you could get or print off published by the embassy?

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:10 am

From Sur in English. Interesting that no apparent travel related exemptions are mentioned.

According to the regulations published in the BOE (official state gazette) on Sunday evening, the general public can only go out during the seven hours of curfew for the following reasons:

a) To buy medication, health products and other essential goods.

b) To attend health centres, hospitals and other healthcare services.

c) To seek emergency veterinary attention.

d) To go to work and meet professional, business, insititutional or legal obligations.

e) To return home after carrying out any of the permitted activities.

f) To assist or care for the elderly, children, people with disabilities, or those especially vulnerable.

g) In the case of a situation of necessity or force majeure.

h) Any other activity of a similiar nature properly accredited.

i) To refuel in service stations when needed to carry out the aforementioned activities.
Brian.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:54 am

As I am a uk resident and will have my ferry ticket I think travelling a bit early should be ok. I think I can leave at 5am so only an hour not to bump into the Guardia.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:10 am

You are fine if you are travelling to your home residence.

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:17 am

Yes I would think that what you say is correct if returning home to your spanish home. There has to be some sort of exception given that local regions can decide when and how long to close their region down, otherwise where are you meant to live until movement is allowed again. I travel back home from the UK at the weekend. I have an overnight stay booked south of Burgos so can get there from Santander before Curfew starts, so long as ferry on time. Next day we can easily make it back home before curfew so long as no hiccups.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:39 am

costakid wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:18 pm I think they are trying to get us all to drink and eat at home.

This is exactly the plan, make life as miserable and as awkward for the customer as you can, but allow bars and restaurants to remain open.

Double whammy, no customers (hopefully) and no compensation for the business.................because "we are not shutting you down". Pure Evil.

It's working like a dream here too.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:47 am

Very frustrating these new rules and confusing too as they are open to interpretation. The Junta are meeting today at 6pm to decide how they're going to implement the state of alarm. I guess that means do they still allow 10 around a table or down to 6 and will curfew in Andalucia be 10.00pm or 11.00pm. We'll probably find out today but some news outlets are saying the state of alarm is already in effect and others are saying not until Tuesday.
In our town this morning having coffee, no-one was wearing masks whilst seated although it seems that is already in force, or is it?
It would be great to get a bit of clarity from somewhere. I have messaged our mayor to see if he knows lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 am

I messaged ours last night and she told me it was with immediate effect.
Brian.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Surely having to keep removing and replacing masks whilst you're have a meal means that they are going to be handled more? I use the elastic straps to remove mine and then place it in a plastic bag when not in use but many people don't. I often see people putting them on the table when not being worn which isn't very savoury, or scrunching them up and putting it in their pocket.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Its not inbetween each mouthfull its while you are waiting for your food and when you have finished. So in reality your arent touching more times than before.just taking off later and putting it on earlier than before.

Like with the S.O.A last time i beleive it came in yssterday. But tues is when they vote etc

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:11 pm

I realise it's not between each mouthfull but I have read that they must be worn if not eating and drinking, so therefore it's been suggested that that includes whilst waiting for your next course. Trouble is I find it hard to hear people when they're wearing a mask so meeting up with friends (some of whom are equally deaf!) will mean that we will have to talk whilst we are eating otherwise we'll all have trouble understanding each other.