Curfew?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Curfew?

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:13 pm

I wonder where the thousands of people who have been made homeless by all this needless hysteria and who are sleeping on the streets will go during the curfew hours.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:09 pm

Hola

Does no one realise that this is for your own good? The COVID-19 cases are rising and although the doctors have done a magnificent job, people are still dying from it.

Be sensible, wear a mask whenever you can irrespective of what the law says; keep as far away from anyone not from your household, and wash or sanitize your hands frequently.

Whilst I am not shielding, I am staying away from crowds and keeping "my bubble" down to as few people as I can.

I also wear a respirator to N95 or FFP2 standards so as well as trying to protect other people, i am protecting myself

On COVID-19, Face Mask Standards

Uses for Masks:

• Masks are loose fitting, covering the nose and mouth
• Designed for one way protection, to capture bodily fluid leaving the wearer
• Example – worn during surgery to prevent coughing, sneezing, etc on the vulnerable patient
• Contrary to belief, masks are NOT designed to protect the wearer
• The vast majority of masks do not have a safety rating assigned to them (e.g. NIOSH or EN)

Uses for Respirators:

• Respirators are tight fitting masks, designed to create a facial seal
• Non-valved respirators provide good two way protection, by filtering both inflow and outflow of air
• These are designed protect the wearer (when worn properly), up to the safety rating of the mask
• Available as disposable, half face or full face

N95 vs FFP3 & FFP2

The most commonly discussed respirator type is N95. This is an American standard managed by NIOSH – part of the Centre for Disease Control (CDC).
Europe uses two different standards. The “filtering face piece” score (FFP) comes from EN standard 149:2001. Then EN 143 standard covers P1/P2/P3 ratings. Both standards are maintained by CEN (European Committee for Standardization).

Respirator Standard Filter Capacity (removes x% of all particles that are 0.3 microns in diameter or larger)

FFP1 & P1 At least 80%
FFP2 & P2 At least 94%
N95 At least 95%
N99 & FFP3 At least 99%
P3 At least 99.95%
N100 At least 99.97%

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:06 am

We discussed masks earlier. I dont disagree that a mask would cut down transmitted germs when someone infected coughs.

However if they are so good, how come Spain is struggling despite the wearing of masks having been promoted in Spain for months now compared to other countries.

N95 cant be that good as ITV stations turn you away with one. I read somewhere that they arent being sold here anymore, I think.

Two things would be helpful. One is governments telling us how the virus is actually infecting us. E.g. school kids asymptomatic and then giving it to adults who then rack their brains thinking where on earth have I got it from. Or bottellons, raves. It serves them to just be vague and promote fear, distancing, washing and of course masks. I think most people are distancing and washing or sanitising according to the rules.

Second thing would be your own tester that can be used dozens of times and give a prompt result. That way you could test yourselves and say the family and grand children you are visiting and be safer.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:12 am

Hola

You sound like you don't get it; the government has asked us to take more precautions - we should, as responsible people, do our bit to ensure we don't spread the virus as far as possible. People are still dying from the virus; if we can reduce the spread of the virus, then we should.

Davexf

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:51 am

You are entitled to your opinion of course. Just like the rest of us, including Olive.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am

However if they are so good, how come Spain is struggling despite the wearing of masks having been promoted in Spain for months now compared to other countries.
----------------
Because imo they make no difference when outside in low population density areas. Unless someone walks past you and coughs in your face the chances of getting it outside is minimal.where its been spread is inside private places where masks are not been worn as it cant be policed.imo the authorities are concentrating on the wrong thing. Im sure everyone is more conscious of hand washing and taking gel out with them.as its probably more likely you might pick it up off infected surfaces than anywhere else.but inreality the chance of getting it and becoming very ill is tiny unless you fit certain criteria. Then its upto you to protect yourself if you feel the need to

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:39 am

Masks dont seem to be helping because for months everyone unless in a bar or restaurant has to wear one and infections are up daily. I think wearing a mask walking along the beach or street shows just how clueless the government is but wearing on Public transport and in shops etc I really believing in.

Flu is down 98% in the uk though unless all the annual flu deaths are going down as C19.

I personally think if this goes on much longer it will have to be lift the restrictions and if you want to go out you can and if you dont stay in. There will be no money left in the world if we have another year of this. Businesses are dropping like flies.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 am

In Fuerteventura last week masks were only optional on the beaches so it was lovely to walk around and be able to breathe fresh air. It was very quiet everywhere as the travel restrictions were still in place, of course

My OH has only just recovered from weeks of bronchitis. Every time it started to get better he'd go out in a mask and then feel worse afterwards. When I've been wearing one for several hours I get what I call mask throat, similar to how Lavanda has described it.

I think the curfew is aimed at gatherings and parties that carry on at night where people crowd together and don't wear masks. In the UK when they closed pubs early they just gathered on the streets to drink, so I think it's aimed at curbing that sort of behaviour.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 am

Yes, I think that is what is being controlled. The police cannot be everywhere. Due to the fact many nights I struggle to sleep, I sometimes go for a walk in the early hours and the amount of young people getting together drinking and smoking their spliffs is actually quite incredible and in many different places, hidden away in side streets or in parks

I have to wear a mask over 6 hours most days but do not suffer from any side effects so it must be only some people. I change it every three hours to avoid any health problems. The main issue is I get an ache maybe a couple of times a week around my ears after about 3 hours so I use ones with different types of ear loops.

There are different measures in different regions so information will have to be locally based. Here restrictions are pretty tough and we can't leave the municipal. It's a bit complicated because there are various exceptions so I have been going through them this morning to see what measures I need to take.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 am

There may be no immediate side-effects from wearing a mask but it is the long term damage to the heart, lungs and other bodily organs as well as, probably most importantly, the immune system that is most worrying.

I have to wear a mask for barely six hours in a whole month and that is six hours too many but it is a plastic mask with outlet valves so at least I am not breathing back in my own exhaled breath.

As far as the curfew and young people are concerned, they will just gather in someone's house before 11pm and stay there partying etc until 6am the next morning. That's what I would be doing if I were a teenager anyway.

It is probably easier in the countryside because there are many properties that, whilst not abandoned, are not actually lived in by their families so it is the ideal place to congregate.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:54 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 am There may be no immediate side-effects from wearing a mask but it is the long term damage to the heart, lungs and other bodily organs as well as, probably most importantly, the immune system that is most worrying.
Why do you think it's unhealthy? Don't surgeons, and several other medical staff, wear the same kind of masks during much of their working hours, every day, for years on years, until they retire? Would they do that if there was any legitimate reason for concern?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:18 am

Masks are worn by medical staff under strict rules and guidlines governing their use. I am merely repeating what I have read time and time again. This is only one of dozens of reports on the subject. This one just happened to be at the top of the search list:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/face-mask ... hy/5712649

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:31 am

The 11 pm curfew is set to be moved to midnight as hospitality business owners in several provinces have requested.
It looks as though the Andalucía border will be closed for the All Saints weekend (this weekend).
Brian.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 am

So will they close to airport to incoming flights?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 am

I doubt it. They didn't when we were in full lockdown. They are worried about people driving down for the weekend.

Sid

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:11 am

I wonder what will happen at the Portuguese border.
Brian.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:19 am

costakid wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 am So will they close to airport to incoming flights?
I hope your correct as I land early friday evening. Driving home and cant cancel Bilbao crossing so will be expensive if all in bounds are stopped from UK for the weekend.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:19 am

costakid wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:19 am
costakid wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:06 am So will they close to airport to incoming flights?
I hope your correct as I land early friday evening. Driving home and cant cancel Bilbao crossing so will be expensive if all in bounds are stopped from UK for the weekend.
Ryanair are still asking for me to check in. I will leave it until last minute I think.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:18 am Masks are worn by medical staff under strict rules and guidlines governing their use. I am merely repeating what I have read time and time again. This is only one of dozens of reports on the subject. This one just happened to be at the top of the search list:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/face-mask ... hy/5712649
If you do a search of the author of the quoted paper you get e.g. this:
"https://theoutline.com/post/1183/the-qu ... for-profit", which is not all that confidence inspiring.

From what I've read myself it seems that most of the limited number of degreed people who warn about the "dangers of mask" are considered a bit "off the field" by their peers. The future may prove the minority right of course, but when the surgical-type masks most of us use are also the same type of masks millions of surgeons use day in and day out during what is literally life and death situations, I'd think if there was a general problem with its usage it'd be well noted by now.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:13 pm

My spanish teacher has had to have had a covid test as hes come down with a really bad throat etc. Its come back negative but the dr has said hes damaged his throat from mask wearing all the time. I guess straining to be heard? Im just glad its negative as im the nearest one to him :shifty: