Curfew?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Curfew?

Postby bobdun » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:39 pm

The UK government site says that travel either through a restricted area or during covid you are exempt if you are travelling to your habitual residence, tourism is not exempt. So it would seem that the whole issue depends upon where your habitual home is rather than holiday home.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... ronavirus-

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 pm

I can understand your relief Elusive about his test being negative...It's quite something else when someone you are nearest to becomes the subject of covid...it brings on those first real feelings of dread..
I've been there..I know those feelings, however there was no immediate relief because unlike your Spanish teacher my daughter who lives with us has tested positive. We are now on day 7 of covid in our home, so far hubby and i have no symptoms but i'm told it's early days.Our daughter is doing ok and doesn't have all the classic symptoms like high temp and cough but she does have many of the others which are mentioned..Everyone is different i guess and some are worse than others, it has not put her to bed although she is obviously unwell and has taken refuge on the sofa. We both accept that we may have been infected so it is a bit late in the day to go hiding away in another room..We realise that the symptoms might not be the same for each of us should be start to show any and we could all have a much different experience...what is done is done and if we do have covid then the only option is to get on with it and get it over and done with.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:14 pm

Sorry to hear that pamela.do you know where she picked it up from or was it out of the blue? Can you not get a test? Even though hes a teacher he had to wait from around wednesday to the following monday for a test which im surprised about. I thought they would want to get them checked pretty quick. Hes only in his 20's and sporting and his dr thought it was just a typical winter cold but of course doing the job he does he had to stand down and wait for a test and result.

I was more worried we would get told to quarantine!!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 pm I can understand your relief Elusive about his test being negative...It's quite something else when someone you are nearest to becomes the subject of covid...it brings on those first real feelings of dread..
I've been there..I know those feelings, however there was no immediate relief because unlike your Spanish teacher my daughter who lives with us has tested positive. We are now on day 7 of covid in our home, so far hubby and i have no symptoms but i'm told it's early days.Our daughter is doing ok and doesn't have all the classic symptoms like high temp and cough but she does have many of the others which are mentioned..Everyone is different i guess and some are worse than others, it has not put her to bed although she is obviously unwell and has taken refuge on the sofa. We both accept that we may have been infected so it is a bit late in the day to go hiding away in another room..We realise that the symptoms might not be the same for each of us should be start to show any and we could all have a much different experience...what is done is done and if we do have covid then the only option is to get on with it and get it over and done with.
Hi Pamela, i hope you are safe and well and your daughter gets well soon. Is it the daughter you travelled to Malaga with last Xmas?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Thank you costakid, :) Yes it's Sophie, she is struggling a little tonight, the symptoms seem to change on a daily basis with her...There are many virus cases around here now, during the lock down i never knew anyone who had been infected but now it's a much different story.
We would have been repeating that same trip again this year had it not been for the self isolating when we returning, we had such a nice time and you were right about the xmas lights show, it was fabulous, as was the hotel you recommended.
Where did the time go!... never mind we hope to do it next year. Keeping positive. :thumbup: :wave:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:33 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diario ... 0.amp.html

New restrictions on movement until nov 9th

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:12 pm

How long before Spain follows France and Germany’s lead ? Italy and UK for that matter.

Interesting article in EL Pais on transmission.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:50 pm

I was shown it a couple a days ago. It makes interesting reading.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... e-air.html