Municipal confinement?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
rafiki
Resident

Municipal confinement?

Postby rafiki » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:04 am

Is today (Sunday) the last day of the current municipal confinement?
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Municipal confinement?

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:33 am

Tomorrow (23rd) is the last day but so far there has been no indication of whether, or not, it will be extended.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:49 am

i have been reading in Olive Press online that to protect Christmas this year, this Municipal Confinement may continue for another 15 days until Midnight on 8th December 2020. There is a long weekend coming up on 4th to 8th December and they do not want people travelling during this period. There is a meeting today with the President of Andalusia and his committee to make a decision. The announcement will be forthcoming later today or tomorrow.

I hope this explanation clarifies your concern.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:02 am

Thanks but my question was if today is the last day of the current restriction.
Brian.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 am

Hi

I think tomorrow ,23rd November 2020, is the last day of the restriction and not today. Everything should be back to normal from Tuesday, 24th November 2020 if no new restrictions are announced by the Andalucian Government.

David

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 am

El Pais are saying it will be extended in Madrid and some other regions to avoid mass travel on the 2 upcoming holiday weekends.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:15 am

One thing that has come out of this is that we have worked out where the municipal boundaries are. I wanted to get an android box to a friend whose Google Chromecast wouldn't work in Spain (He's renting on holiday but has had flights cancelled so staying rather longer than expected lol).
The official map shows a little road off the main road that is intersected by the red boundary line so we met there and I handed over the box.
It felt like we were in some sort of espionage movie and I'm sure with the few police around he could have called and collected it but we're both law abiding citizens so we thought we'd do the right thing.
It just seems a bit unnecessary for small municipalities like ours.
Here's the map if anyone is interested, you can change the area to your own.
https://www.juntadeandalucia.es/institu ... ?mun=04064
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:54 am

I was thinking that Fyfin. As we can't have certain things delivered to our PO box I had a parcel delivered to a friend in Velez but she is two municipalities away unfortunately. The link is the one I posted on the other thread about the travel restrictions and is quite interesting. Velez Malaga is split into two by Algarrobo. Velez starts at El Morche but my friend is in the other half of the municipality so can't cross through Algarrobo to meet me.

The current restrictions finish midnight on 23rd but as others have said, I'm sure that they will continue in some form to avoid people gathering for the puente weekend bank holidays 6-8 Dec which is usually a big holiday here. I guess we'll know a bit later today what fate awaits us!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 pm

All the articles ive read reporting on moreno and others comments in speeches etc this week say nothing will change and lockdown will continue till after the puente weekend. They are meeting around now and it gets announced in the next few hrs. I'd be shocked if theres any postive movement on restrictions

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:53 pm

Restrictions to continue until 10 December from what I understood on the Spanish TV. Municipality and regional borders shut as now and curfew to continue 10pm to 7am. People in the 60s can now get the pneumonia vaccine as well (presumably was 70+ before?) Not unexpected with the big bank holiday weekend approaching.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 pm

Dont forget toy shops can open till later :crazy: and restaurants for takeways until 21.30.thats if theres any left in business. Why the heck you cant travel within 10 km of your home i dont know. Great if you live in velez municipalities or even torrox for you wicksey but in villages with no shops etc. Whats the difference between torrox pueblo and costa and frigiliana and nerja (bar the obvious)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:31 pm

costakid wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 am El Pais are saying it will be extended in Madrid and some other regions to avoid mass travel on the 2 upcoming holiday weekends.
Madrid hasn't had the restrictions that other regions have had. They are introducing them to cover the long weekend coming up. Don't expect any restrictions to travel to be lifted until after the long weekend.

As these restrictions are not mandated by central government, Information regarding the extent of lockdowns will vary from place to place.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm

elusive wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 pm Dont forget toy shops can open till later :crazy: and restaurants for takeways until 21.30.thats if theres any left in business. Why the heck you cant travel within 10 km of your home i dont know. Great if you live in velez municipalities or even torrox for you wicksey but in villages with no shops etc. Whats the difference between torrox pueblo and costa and frigiliana and nerja (bar the obvious)
Some municipalities are tiny, but I thought that they were turning a blind eye to those that needed to get to the nearest supermarket even if it is in the next municipio. Must say I haven't seen any police around on my trips to the hospital in Velez and to Nerja health clinic the other day. From what Zanuck said, he drove from Caleta to Santander without seeing any police so they seem to be low key at the moment.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:13 pm

People in the 60s can now get the pneumonia vaccine as well (presumably was 70+ before?) Not unexpected with the big bank holiday weekend approaching.
------------

Intresting to hear. Just been speaking to a friend in our village who has just spent 10 days in hospital intensive care with a very strong dose of pneumonia. Under 60 and healthy. Never had it before.. started with what they thought was a bad flu included vomiting diarrhoea but ended up in A&E and taken to hospital after chest xrays showed it up. Tested numerous times for covid as the hospital thought it must be that as they were so ill. Every test was negative. Thankfully now recovering but its hit them for six.and they have no idea where they picked it up from.this is the second person i know locally that this has happened to.

Sounds like a variant or some kind of new strain probably connected to covid. You think they would automatically give People the pneumonia jab as that is what seems to kill most older people in the end. Never even heard there was one till friends in the uk mentioned it. Certainly was never offered it in the uk
Last edited by elusive on Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Wicksey wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm
elusive wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 pm Dont forget toy shops can open till later :crazy: and restaurants for takeways until 21.30.thats if theres any left in business. Why the heck you cant travel within 10 km of your home i dont know. Great if you live in velez municipalities or even torrox for you wicksey but in villages with no shops etc. Whats the difference between torrox pueblo and costa and frigiliana and nerja (bar the obvious)
Some municipalities are tiny, but I thought that they were turning a blind eye to those that needed to get to the nearest supermarket even if it is in the next municipio. Must say I haven't seen any police around on my trips to the hospital in Velez and to Nerja health clinic the other day. From what Zanuck said, he drove from Caleta to Santander without seeing any police so they seem to be low key at the moment.
I guess it depends if you get stopped by bad or good cop wicksey! Offically you cant but... been quite alot of checks at nerja motorway turn off and the roundabouts as you go down. Its ok for people who work outside of their town etc. They can pop into the supermarkets etc on the way in or out but if you work in your own town,retired etc then you are locked in. A small % of people so in reality what difference is it making?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Pneumonia vaccine Been on offer through GPs both in Spain and UK for at least a decade. OH had it in Spain and I had it in UK. Usually offered to over 60s. I think it is supposed to last for life. Perhaps you hadn't heard as you said you are younger than most of us.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 pm

We had our Pneumonia jabs, via the Spanish health system, when we turned 70 years old.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 pm

My husband had the pneumonia jab here when he went for his first vaccination in the Spanish system, aged about 68, so I think they had lowered the age to 65. This year I got my flu jab free in the public system for the first time, as they had extended the criteria to include people who live with someone aged 65 or over. When I got there the I was asked if I'd like the pneumonia jab as well, as the nurse said they were offering it to people aged 64 this year, as well. That was on 30 October. I accepted!

On the subject of travelling into other municipalities, I had to go to Rincon de la Victoria (by bus) this week for a medical appointment. There were no controls in evidence anywhere, and the buses in both directions were very busy (Velez-Malaga to Malaga service).

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 pm

It was 6 years ago when I turned 70, so looks like they have lowered the age.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:49 pm

Intresting info. Do you have to ask for the two jabs or do they contact you?

Hadnt heard interms of older relatives were never offered it in either countries.