Municipal confinement?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Municipal confinement?

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 pm

Looks like municipal confinement will be re-introduced soon. Juanma Moreno will have a meeting this Friday (1 week earlier) than previously scheduled. They won't be meeting won't be to loosen restrictions...so that leaves only 1 alternative.

Portugal will re introduce home confinement from Friday,....hopefully that won't be needed in Spain.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 pm

You are probably right, but provincial border lockdown is almost certain. Provincial border lockdown is relatively easy to police but municipal borders are almost impossible to control.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 am

Agree re provincial.that should be the next stage and has been implied in articles. But who knows with the junta

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:39 am

Now talk of a national lockdown the same as march. So after 12 months of rubbish we are back to square 1

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Several regions are asking for a total lockdown. The goverment so far doesnt want to.... same **** different year

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm

The crazy thing is the central government devolved power to the regions for Covid....now when some regions want to lockdown they are not permitted to. I struggle to understand why central government would stop them

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 pm

I think under the law,the constitution only the central goverment has the power to confine people to their homes . Regional governments can only confine municipalities.hence why some regions are pushing the central government to lock everyone up again.

I'll be stocking up at the supermarket over the next day or two as going by numerous articles and quotes I'll be surprised if we arent locked into municipal areas again

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 pm

Yes you are right only central government can do it....but there is nothing to stop central government ordering it. They are being asked for it and refusing to do it. I can't undertsand why central government refuse to do it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:53 pm

Today's clamp down in Murcia has taken us to a closed regional border, 22 municipalities closed borders and no meeting anyone outside the household indoors or out - as well as the 10pm to 6am curfew.....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.