Obtaining UK S1 Health Certificate in Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pensure1988
Resident

Obtaining UK S1 Health Certificate in Spain

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Help needed please.

Has anyone on this Forum applied recently this year for an S1 Certificate from UK. How difficult or how easy was it obtain. My friend has been phoning +44 191 218 1999 and getting a Virtual Assistant on the Line. My friend is Scottish and the voice on the phone did not understand her speech. She did get through to a live person once but was cut off from the Call.

Thank You

David

Johnandali
Tourist

Re: Obtaining UK S1 Health Certificate in Spain

Postby Johnandali » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:39 pm

I too am Scottish and had no issue with my accent being understood !!

I spoke with that department a few months ago to obtain a certificate on non entitlement to UK health care - all handled very efficiently and documents arrived within 2 weeks. All documents supplied were in both English and Spanish.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi

Thank you for prompt reply. Did you speak to live person or a virtual assistant. Can you remember.

David

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:26 am

Another Problem

The State Pension Office in the UK has requested the date the 1st Pension was paid. She can not remember and has no paperwork anymore. It was when she turned 60 which was in 2006. Can anyone advise which dept in the Pensions Office can she telephone to obtain this information.

Many Thanks

David

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi pensure1988,

Some info ..............

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension/what-youll-get

"Your first payment is made at the end of the first full week after you reach State Pension age. If you deferred your State Pension, you’ll get your first payment at the end of the first full week in which you want to start getting your pension.

Your first payment will not include the time between reaching State Pension age and your normal payment day if that’s less than one week."

There is a bit about which day you get paid depending on your NI number in the above link.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Johnandali
Tourist

Postby Johnandali » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:22 pm

pensure1988 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:51 pm Hi

Thank you for prompt reply. Did you speak to live person or a virtual assistant. Can you remember.

David
Hi - I spoke to humans on 2 occasions to obtain documents for both myself and my wife....really good service.

J