Gibraltar

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gibraltar

Postby katy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:44 am

I think calling me a troll should be deleted too! Or personal comments about me. I have about 100 examples.
Any further proper news about Gibraltar, similar to my link :?: I didn't think this thread was about the Irish Sea.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:23 pm

elusive wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:39 am I think the word is trolling.
I dont think she is a troll. As I said she likes to spice up a debate.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:33 pm

I agree with you.

Rule 1.3 of this forum states that:-

Trolling on this site is not allowed. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonising other members.

I can see no evidence of Katy being a troll in any of her 12744 posts.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:59 pm

I love a spicey factual debate with evidence to back up a point. Without evidence then the opinion remains that...just an opinion and will always be superseeded by facts. I may actually learn something from what the other people input to the debate.

I am also struggling to understand what someone adds to a debate if they don't answer questions or cannot defend their opinion with facts. Then when challenged on their unevidenced assertions they resort to name calling. In my opinion name calling and berating add nothing to the debate and just serve to lower my opinion of the what the other people add to the debate.

I of course have no evidence to back up my opinion of other people's opinion about my opinion of their opinion of which I am neither opinionated or unopinionated. So it remains just my opinion.

So back on to the debate Gibraltar
https://www.politico.eu/article/what-th ... -uk-spain/

Watch out.... this article references Northern Ireland as it seems to be quite relevant to the question of Gibraltar

From the article
.....To avoid disruption to the EU’s single market as a result, Gibraltar agreed to apply “substantially” the same duties and trade policy measures as the EU, including decisions on customs, excise and VAT legislation, as well as to share reliable statistics on its imports with the EU, which could be seen as a win for Brussels.....

There goes the day trippers market to Spain which dwarfs any cruise ship or other form of holiday makers. Additionally Gibraltar have given up control of their policy on duties (which currently makes up 27% of government revenue) and trade to the EU.

I can't see this as anything other than a large setback for Gibraltar when compared to the pre Brexit position they had. Realistically they had no choice other than to accept the deal, hence they took the least worst deal.

Can anyone explain to me how this is not a lose lose situation for Gibraltar compared to pre Brexit?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:17 pm

costakid wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:23 pm
elusive wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:39 am I think the word is trolling.
I dont think she is a troll. As I said she likes to spice up a debate.
By inciting people. Each to their own interms of how they want to define it. Personally i just use the ignore function.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 pm

Unbelievable. Posters complaining about personal comments but it is ok to make them about me. I would suggest that some people’s ignore button is not working. Just tested mine and it is ok.

Just one thing elusive, you completely got the wrong end of the stick re. Me collecting friends children from school, they were at school in Marbella and their parents were stuck in Gibraltar. Not sure what your point was. As for inciting a couple of you should read what you have posted, mob bullying and s hite stirring.

Can anyone explain why it is ok. To call someone a Brexiteer but not ok to refer to someone as a Remoaner. I assure you it was a slip of the tongue but what is the difference.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Simple. Brexiteer is a perfectly acceptable way of referring to someone who supports Brexit. Remainer is also a suitable word to describe a remain supporter.

Remoaner is not an acceptable adjective as far as I am concerned.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 pm

I guess you were a remainer Sid.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:20 pm

Guess what you like but it’s none of your business. I was not allowed to vote so it’s academic.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:50 am

El Cid wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:20 pm Guess what you like but it’s none of your business. I was not allowed to vote so it’s academic.

Sid
Did you get out of bed the wrong side or are you always that blunt.