San Pedro to Estepona . . . Restrictions ? ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
scotty
Resident

San Pedro to Estepona . . . Restrictions ? ?

Postby scotty » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:22 pm

I can't find anything online so I'm curious to hear from anyone in the Parish :lol: . What's happening there ? What's the R number like ? No intention of travelling until I've had vaccine. It's been over a year since I've been to my place but I'll have to wait longer.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: San Pedro to Estepona . . . Restrictions ? ?

Postby elusive » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:32 pm

https://www.juntadeandalucia.es/institu ... 4?CodOper=

Gives you the figures. Anything over 500 in the 14 day case bracket and the municipality is closed

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 pm

Not necessarily true. It is not assessed on a daily basis, just on Monday and Thursday. The figure on those days determines whether the municipality gets locked down.

For example, Almuñécar was just under 500 on Monday so avoided lockdown. Today it was 509 but so long as that goes back to under 500 on Monday it will not be affected.

Sid

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:21 am

Marbella (San Pedro) and Estepona both exceeded 500/100K this week so went into closed borders. Both now look to be heading to burst through the 1000/100K level so that would add "all non essential activity" at the next count. We crossed into Estepona yesterday for a previously arranged appointment to collect TIEs, and did not see a police vehicle or a policeman until we went in the CNP building. Unusual number for the time of year, of Brit and northern Europe registered vehicles here at present.

Parilla

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:47 am

El Cid wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 pm Not necessarily true. It is not assessed on a daily basis, just on Monday and Thursday. The figure on those days determines whether the municipality gets locked down.

For example, Almuñécar was just under 500 on Monday so avoided lockdown. Today it was 509 but so long as that goes back to under 500 on Monday it will not be affected.

Sid
Yes we know that. But im hardly going to start going into all the ins and outs. The o.p wanted to know what the figures were. If he wants to start delving into when closures start thats upto him. But as hes not living there i doubt hes thats intrested hence why i gave the basic outline.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:10 am

If its over a 1000 bars and non essential have to close I think.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:15 am

elusive wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:47 am
Yes we know that.
Yes, you know that and I know that, but you cannot assume that everyone else does. I wasn't having a go at your post, just adding the details as it could be misinterpreted by others.

Sid