Amazon Prime

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Amazon Prime

Postby olive » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:34 pm

We have this primarily to get things delivered promptly and mostly free to my Dad in UK. Works well. Plus we watch some shows on Prime.

We also use Amazon.es with same id. Seem not to get any items with free delivery. Today went to buy something costing 170 . None available on .es. Steered clear of possible customs payment issues with .co.uk . Found plenty on Amazon.de (available in English too) Couldnt find any free prime delivery. Delivery was 12 euros for Monday or 6 euros for Tuesday so not much.

Am I just being unlucky or is the prime free delivery just the country you registered in?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Amazon Prime

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:38 pm

Free delivery (and Amazon Prime in general) is country specific. You are only elegible for it in the country in which you are registered

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:42 pm

You can have Prime in two countries, but you have to pay for it in each. I have Prime in Spain, but when I have used my account on the UK site they have offered a month of UK Prime free and I have used that for free delivery in the UK.

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Thanks , that explains that.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Just come across this. I did exactly the same thing when we wanted a particular microwave that we couldn't get anywhere else but it was in stock in Amazon.de . €42 delivery or free if you took out Amazon Prime (which I already have and is very useful in Spain).
A bit of a no brainer so I registered and will cancel as soon as the microwave is delivered on Thursday. The controls are in German but easy enough to understand (Heissluft = hot air so convection) I knew my schoolboy German would come in handy some day lol.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:53 pm

You can download an English manual for almost anything.

Sid