Get your food from the UK soon.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Get your food from the UK soon.

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Yeah just the bite size but ill take anything!

We got some fresh milk. I cant drink spanish.it was from belfast. Alot better shelf wise compaired to our last trip.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:10 am

I meant large size pack, they do a 30 pack rather than the 16 which is much better value. We bought a pack of 16 large size Shredded Wheat.

Can't you drink the fresh milk they have in the supermarkets here elusive?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Ah ok. Tbh i prefer the bite size. I tend to spill half of the other ones all of the counter and floor when spliting them.

Yeah i dont like spanish fresh milk. I dont mind it in cereal and tea but i cant drink it .its the smell which i guess is the preservatives and i only drink whole fat so the taste is very different to me.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Thanks to the recommendation on here we've been to Tony's Butchers in Nerja today. Have bought all sorts of goodies for the freezer and will be trying their dry cured smoked bacon tomorrow night (a rare treat as we never buy it here as it's usually been very disappointing) and steak/lamb and mint pies on Thursday. I shall report back ......

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:10 pm

We have had a few of their pies which were pretty good.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:55 am

I stand corrected on Tony's Butchers.
I was in there this morning and the guy who always serves me is from Dublin but the owner is British.

I also went to Iranzo in Nerja...they are very low stocked on British food. I asked the staff and they said they have had no British food delivery since December and some items that they get from their wholesalers were out of stock there also

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:59 pm

Wicksey wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:10 am I meant large size pack, they do a 30 pack rather than the 16 which is much better value. We bought a pack of 16 large size Shredded Wheat.

Can't you drink the fresh milk they have in the supermarkets here elusive?
Iranzos in nerja now has a large stock of 16 biscuits for reference.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:55 am I stand corrected on Tony's Butchers.
I was in there this morning and the guy who always serves me is from Dublin but the owner is British.

I also went to Iranzo in Nerja...they are very low stocked on British food. I asked the staff and they said they have had no British food delivery since December and some items that they get from their wholesalers were out of stock there also
I thought he didn't sound Irish! although his assistant did. Looking forward to my bacon and eggs tonight :D

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Yeah hes from Gloucester

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:36 pm

Talking to someone who lives a few mins from the new tesco and he was saying that they are really struggling with stock and have already let alot (20 or so) staff go due to lack of customers. Iceland has even more Irish produce now and vertually nothing from waitrose. Makes you wonder if they will last in the longterm

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:23 am

That´s a shame, alot of them would of not long started working there - When i was in there in January there were more staff than customers...and shelves full of one item.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:46 pm

I wonder what they were thinking opening at such a time it was always going to be a gamble. At one time it was portrayed that the Uk would be the one to suffer shortages or not be able to afford European exports due to the Euro predicted to drop below parity.

We have a shortage of cat food here, especially Felix. Heard it was because so many people have got pets :think: Doesn't sound right to me. First sign was a notice in Waitrose saying sorry some of your brands are not available, since then got worse. Tried all the Supers. Anyone noticed it in Spain?
Could be panic buying like the toilet rolls fiasco. Amazon has the Felix pouches but almost double the price. I have 2 very spoilt cats inherited from Daughter that don't eat meat, even fresh. The only food they have is Felix "as good as it looks, doubly delicious fish selection" :crazy: The dried Purina food they eat is plentiful. My thought is that they may come from Poland or similar country as there are about 6 languages on the sachets.

It may all get sorted one day once some Leaders realise the are cutting off their nose to spite their face. From the Express.

The Valencian Federation of Road Haulers has hit out at the EU's rigorous controls, especially those imposed in France. The federation said: "France wants to make emphasis on the fact that the UK has left the EU, and therefore things cannot continue the same." The organisation stated that after three months of Brexit, lorry drivers from Spain are suffering more with European controls than British controls.