The sweet sounds of someone being murdered in alhaurin campo !!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

The sweet sounds of someone being murdered in alhaurin campo !!

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Scared the c*rap out of us.. We heard what sounded like screams.. And monkeys ?!?!

It seems its fox mating season.. Have a look at this ! All the dogs in the area were going bonkers !!

https://youtu.be/zBpZTo1dlPM

https://youtu.be/aodwqjvk-ak (45 seconds in, please mind the videographers use of profanity)

I guess less cars driving around at night / less rubbish for them to get in, they are coming closer to the houses ? We have forest in front of us, but we have been here for 3 years and we haven't heard this before
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: The sweet sounds of someone being murdered in alhaurin campo !!

Postby katy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:52 pm

Late for Foxes or maybe different in Spain. I leave food out for foxes and they usually mate in January. Have seen Cubs late March. I hear them sometimes in the night but they sound far away.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:19 am

In my parents time in rural Ireland people would talk about hearing a "Banshee crying". It was as you have found out a fox looking for sex ! I've heard the same and have tried to keep the dog quiet.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:15 am

There is a fox near where I live and she is very noisy, a real screamer. You can hear it mostly in the summer when she leaves the windows open.