Moving & updating address etc

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Moving & updating address etc

Postby Daisymay1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:57 pm

Moving soon, renting whilst we find the right house near our rental. Will need to update residencia, Convienio Especial (health card) driving licences etc etc. What is the time frame that we have to update and the easiest way to do this ?

Has anyone updated Convienio address from Malaga region to Granada for instance ?

Thanks in advance

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Moving & updating address etc

Postby El Cid » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:36 pm

Go to your new town hall and they will do most of it for you. If they can’t do it, they will tell you what you need to do.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:41 am

Some of the bigger townhalls can update your driving licence,car details. We made an appointment at traffico. Residencia requires a trip to the national police. If you dont have your TIE yet you will need to exchange your residencia for a TIE as apart of the process. They wont update the old green card..healthcard we just went to our local ambultorio and updated there. Theres the tax office aswell

Theres no real time limit. If you have a digital certificate you can do alot online. Otherwise its a hassle of making appointments

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:49 am

If you're not going to be in your rental for more than a few years, I don't see the point of changing addresses until a situation arises that requires it. A Spaniard wouldn't change until a funcionario insists on it!

Half the population are not registered at their correct address. They remain registered at addresses that provide the most financial benefit!!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 am

jhonie99 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:49 am ...
Half the population are not registered at their correct address. They remain registered at addresses that provide the most financial benefit!!
From where did you get that information. :crazy:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:35 pm

It’s a very small inland village and I am doubtful that the Ayuntamiento will be able to help change anything for us but have asked our current Gestor about a digital certificate as that sounds interesting, he says he can do that for us, got to be honest no idea what that is but if it makes life easier then we will go for it .

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:52 pm

gerryh wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 am
jhonie99 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:49 am ...
From where did you get that information. :crazy:
Cheers
Gerry
Believe it or not that is what happens here. People from Bilbao who live in Cantabria prefer to stay registered at their parent's house to benefit from the better hospitals and schools in which kid can learn Basque in the province of Bizkaia but live in the towns in Cantabria because houses are much cheaper.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:52 am

Daisymay1 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:35 pm It’s a very small inland village and I am doubtful that the Ayuntamiento will be able to help change anything for us but have asked our current Gestor about a digital certificate as that sounds interesting, he says he can do that for us, got to be honest no idea what that is but if it makes life easier then we will go for it .
I'm sure that someone will do the link for you on here for you to obtain the digital signature yourself. It is linked to your computer so you need to apply for and have it on your own equipment as it will then allow you to access government departments and records. I needed it to change to the TIE and change my driving licence over for example. I also regularly check my health records via Clicsalud as I am awaiting an appointment, also I can check what is left on my regular prescriptions. It's very handy to have and isn't difficult to obtain.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:21 am

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27571
It's all there.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 pm

Thank you very much for this information, is a digital signature the same thing as a cl@ve ?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:17 am

A digital certificate and a Cl@ve are similar in that they both give access to the electronic offices of many government web sites as well as those of most Town Halls where it can be used to update the padrón.

However, a digital certificate is available to anyone with a NIE number plus the expertise to overcome some of the technical hurdles which it can present whereas only a resident can obtain a Cl@ve because it requires a 'número de soporte' from a green sheet or TIE card.

A separate Spanish mobile telephone number is also required for each Cl@ve whereas a digital certificate does not require one at all.

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:02 pm

Help ........ accountant sent our digital certificate link which I have downloaded one but now what do you do with it ? Absolutely no idea please help

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Will you be using it on a PC (if so, which browser) or a tablet?

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:33 pm

Yes pc ( browser ? Windows or Google chrome ? Clueless sorry)

Just went in to try and pay my car tax and saw a tab for Digital Certificate pressed and it had my details but got worried and came out !
I want to change our address as we have moved into a friends whilst house hunting can I actually do this online ?
Thanks in advance

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:49 pm

I don't use Chrome but instructions for importing a digital certificate into it can be found here:

https://rshankar.com/how-to-import-a-ce ... le-chrome/

Whether you can change the address in which your car is registered on a town hall web site depends on the town hall but, even if you can, you will need a padrón in that address.

I think you can also do it with the DGT app but, again, you need to be registered on the padrón with the address in which you want to register it.

The best thing to do would be to register your digital certificate with Dirección Electrónica Vial on the DGT web site with your digital certificate so that you can receive notifications.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi,
The layout of Google Chrome has changed from the one listed in Beachcomber's link, If you have a problem finding the " Import Certificate" please Post.

"Digital Certificate pressed and it had my details but got worried and came out ! "...........sounds like you have the DS installed in your Browser

So the expected behaviour ..... when you access a site that requires a DS it will read the Your / Personal Certificates and if you have more than one it will give you he option to select.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.