Chasing community debts - UK residents

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Chasing community debts - UK residents

Postby fyfin » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:49 pm

I wonder has anyone who is President of a Community successfully used a debt recovery agency to collect outstanding community fees. Our Administrator tried to use a company who apparently couldn't find either of the 2 debtors, yet I was able to give them Facebook profiles, last known address and a mobile telephone number for one of them. They both live in UK and have assets so if anyone has a recommendation I would be interested.
On another issue, one of the owners has been gone for over 10 years and the outstanding mortgage originally with Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Corboda but apparently has since ended up with Kutxabank. No-one at the bank seems remotely interested in even acknowledging they have the mortgage which is also a bit annoying.
It's the only apartment out of the 31 in the building that has not been sold or taken over by a bank, mainly due to my persistence but this last one is proving the most difficult.
I managed to get the bank to take on a previous apartment that had lain empty for 6 years by telling them that I had a key (I actually was give one by a friend of the owner who had gone back to UK). I said if they weren't interested, that I was going to rent it out to someone who was interested and I'd be prepared to let them have a proportion of the rent (this was after previously trying to get them to take it on their books).
They sent someone in the next day to change the locks and the following week it was on the market. I have now sent Kutxabank the same message so waiting with bated breath.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it