Crossing Regional Borders

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
voyseygw
Andalucia.com Amigo

Crossing Regional Borders

Postby voyseygw » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:05 pm

I know this has been asked before.(back in Jan) but I’m mindful that the rules have been tightened for Easter. So is going from Granada province to Malaga province to go to specsavers classed as essential travel? We have an email from them with the appointment for tomorrow, we have been using them for years but......can someone perhaps send me a link to a definitive list from the government?
TIA

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Crossing Regional Borders

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:37 pm

I'd have thought if it was for your eyesight it would come under health reasons, someone will come along and confirm.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:12 pm

They are not regional borders but provincial borders both of which are closed. Your email from them will satisfy the police if you are stopped.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 pm

Even though it wasn't necessary, My dentist sent me a text message with the justification for an appointment I had yesterday.

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Sorry to jump in on this post but would moving house with a rental contract be justified?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:04 am

Yes.that comes under justifiable reasons

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Oh my thank you for that 🙏

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Just make sure you have all your paperwork to hand

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 am

Interesting topic, and whilst I agree that although inconvenient, the closing of provincial borders and in particular regional borders, reduces the risk of spreading Coronovirus, I despair at the lack of control over certain vehicles crossing borders. I live in Caleta de Velez where we have a special parking area near the port for motorhomes. Over the past week the parking area has been full with motorhomes from all over Spain, Germany, France and the UK . Why do those of us who live here have to put up with having to carry proof of a justifiable reason to cross borders when these people seem to be allowed to travel with impunity. There seems to be no cohesive guidence given to how this should be policed or enforced. I am afraid we will be losing the battle against Covid until these anomolies are addressed.
Hardworking resident !!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:18 am

Many spanish complain when i read the juntas page. The general rule seems to be they can cross boundaries to their place of destination but then must stay in that province. Not really enforceable though especially if they are driving north to south. There shouldnt be any brit plated cars here now. But in reality....

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:21 am

I´d have to agree with that @fincalospinos - I was in the car park next to that on Saturday, and i commented to the wife about how many there were, it was a surprise to see so many foreign plates there - The police say that theres no way they have the manpower to enforce things, but you imagine that they could simply block the exit and ask all the owners for paperwork?

As a side note, the port looks lovely now - all the improvements that they have made have really made it nicer.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:00 am

As you quiet rightly point out Spanish, what would be the difficulty in checking them all whilst parked up ? Word would soon get around if punitive fines were issued, maybe deterring future travel.
Hardworking resident !!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am

Checking what though. The owner says ive driven here from germany. Thats not illegal. The only time they could fine them is if they go say malaga province into cadiz province. As you dont go that way to travel back to germany. Any other direction and they can say they are driving home. How many of them have come over the border and had lots of nice little stops on the way doing abit of sightseeing?

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:10 am

elusive wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am Checking what though. The owner says ive driven here from germany. Thats not illegal. The only time they could fine them is if they go say malaga province into cadiz province. As you dont go that way to travel back to germany. Any other direction and they can say they are driving home. How many of them have come over the border and had lots of nice little stops on the way doing abit of sightseeing?
For the foreign registered vehicles, at least check to see how long they have been in Spain, and where have they been, whether they have had a covid test etc, and the Spanish plated vehicles, where do they live and have they crossed reional/ provincial borders to get here.
Hardworking resident !!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:21 am

"For the foreign registered vehicles, at least check to see how long they have been in Spain,"
How? There are no borders, so no way to check if or when a car enters France, Spain or anywhere in Europe.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:13 pm

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:55 pm

fincalospinos wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:10 am
elusive wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am Checking what though. The owner says ive driven here from germany. Thats not illegal. The only time they could fine them is if they go say malaga province into cadiz province. As you dont go that way to travel back to germany. Any other direction and they can say they are driving home. How many of them have come over the border and had lots of nice little stops on the way doing abit of sightseeing?
For the foreign registered vehicles, at least check to see how long they have been in Spain, and where have they been, whether they have had a covid test etc, and the Spanish plated vehicles, where do they live and have they crossed reional/ provincial borders to get here.
E.U can stay for upto 6 months.Go before becoming tax resident. I think the law has just changed but before there was no requirement for a test if you were crossing the land borders.the police have no way of checking foreigners. Yes of course they can check the spanish cars easily enough but they dont stand out so you have the roadblocks over easter

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm

Not correct. Nobody can stay more than 90 days without registering. It's just that it has never been enforced.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Yeah its the old 90 days with an intent to stay mantra but as you say they dont enforce it with E.U nationals.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Non EU nationals are bound by the Schengen rules which are much more difficult to ignore, although how difficult it will be for Brits remains to be seen.

Sid