Receiving UK Pension but working autonomo

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
feistycuffs
Tourist

Receiving UK Pension but working autonomo

Postby feistycuffs » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:25 pm

My husband is in receipt of UK State Pension and is about to register as autonomo in Andalucia, with all his earnings coming from outside Spain.
I have searched everywhere for any info on:

-whether there is a discount on the monthly contributions for UK pensioners (subsequent to the Tarifa Plana discounts for first-time registration)
-whether registering as autonomo prejudices his UK State Pension.

All online info seems to be about UK residents receiving Spanish pension, which he will not qualify for. Any advice gratefully received.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Receiving UK Pension but working autonomo

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 am

I am no expert on this but I seem to recall that this question has been raised before.

I have no idea if his U K pension will be affected but I wonder if, with all his income being generated from outside of Spain he would actually considered to be "working" in Spain, quite possibly his residence/tax status will reflect this, please keep us informed, Al !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:54 am

If hes registaring as self employed in spain i presume he lives here? If so all is income is taxable in spain. and even if hes not living in spain if his family/ centre of life ie family and home is in spain then hacienda will class him as tax resident

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:50 pm

How longs he works as an Autonomo will determine whether he receives a pension or not in Spain.
I would like to add another question which might be relevant to his situation.
Is it necessary to pay autonomo when you are already collecting your pension or is it only necessary to pay IRPF ( income tax) ?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm

you can get UK state pension and still work.

https://www.gov.uk/working-retirement-p ... art%2Dtime.

The bit about autonomo etc I have no idea sorry!

feistycuffs
Tourist

Postby feistycuffs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:39 am

elusive wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:54 am If hes registaring as self employed in spain i presume he lives here? If so all is income is taxable in spain. and even if hes not living in spain if his family/ centre of life ie family and home is in spain then hacienda will class him as tax resident
Yes sorry I probably didn't make myself clear. He is about to apply for residency (he has Irish nationality and so is not affected by Brexit) and will be registering as autonomo in order to pay the correct taxes. He is in receipt of UK State Pension, but works as a writer and so receives royalties and other payments for consultancy, teaching, etc.
My question is about his autonomo contributions: is there a discount or allowance made for those in receipt of a pension (not a Spanish pension) or once the introductory 2 years of sliding discounts are over, will he have to pay the full amount?

Does being in receipt of a UK State pension have any bearing at all on him registering as autonomo in Spain?

feistycuffs
Tourist

Postby feistycuffs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:41 am

markwilding wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:50 pm How longs he works as an Autonomo will determine whether he receives a pension or not in Spain.
I would like to add another question which might be relevant to his situation.
Is it necessary to pay autonomo when you are already collecting your pension or is it only necessary to pay IRPF ( income tax) ?
Apologies, my question is not about receiving a Spanish pension, but whether his receipt of a UK State Pension affects his autonomo status in Spain.

Your question, however, is what I am getting at, but specific to a UK pension.

feistycuffs
Tourist

Postby feistycuffs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:43 am

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm you can get UK state pension and still work.

Yes, the UK gov lays it out very clearly: you do not pay national insurance contributions if you work and receive a state pension.

I am trying to discover whether the Spanish gov allows the same in Spain, when you are in receipt of a UK state pension. That is, no monthly autonomo contributions.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:56 pm

viewtopic.php?t=38202

Read the last entry on this thread...someone there may have the answer for you as they did the same.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:40 am

feistycuffs wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:43 am
Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm you can get UK state pension and still work.

Yes, the UK gov lays it out very clearly: you do not pay national insurance contributions if you work and receive a state pension.

I am trying to discover whether the Spanish gov allows the same in Spain, when you are in receipt of a UK state pension. That is, no monthly autonomo contributions.
Spain is not the U K. A U K pension MAY be recognised as income in Spain,Benidorm may have a contribution to make here ?