New restrictions extended??

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

New restrictions extended??

Postby fyfin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Other people seem to have interpreted the latest restrictions differently to me and I wondered what the clever people here thought. I have read the official Junta notice and it seems to say that nothing much has changed from the measures of 15 days ago. I take that to mean we can not meet in private homes as that was indeed one of the temporary measures introduced over the Easter period.
Others are saying on various forums here that the rules have reverted to allowing 6 people in your home (includes yourself) but I don't see it.
Here is the link I got my info from
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/presiden ... eAndalucia?
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: New restrictions extended??

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm

There has been huge confusion over this as two different organisations are setting the rules. Over Easter central government applied the rules about meetings in private houses which were limited to people living there. This over rode the local rules which allowed up to 4 people to meet inside.

The overall rules set for Easter have now stopped and the original local rules apply.

Sid

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 pm

Thank you Sid. It has certainly caused confusion even on our town hall it seems. We had been told 6 could meet inside but not sure now where that came from.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Sadly i think there will be an uptick in Spanish cases due to the Easter confusion in a week or two. Unfortunately the only way to control this thing is virtual lockdown until sufficient numbers vaccinated. However that would mean no meeting indoors, closing bars, restaurants, non essential stores - possibly, given EU vax availability, for another 2 or 3 months - economically unworkable. At least once the elderly are jabbed the hospitalisations and deaths will decrease.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Really! Is it that bad where you are? We have 6 active cases out of a population of 3,800 here.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Well it is here. Local swimming pool bar had usual Easter. Lots of youngsters doing what kids do. Got CV19 , took it home. Now infections have rocketed . Funny thing is we cant go there except it is our postal town so can to collect packets. So we will be back in perimetral lockdown but Johnny foreigner can still come here on holiday.......

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:49 pm

It was obvious the figures were going to shoot up after Easter. You only had to see the packed together queues on tv outside the churches, thousands of people clamouring to get a look at the plaster dolls. They may as well have let them hold the parades.
There was even the smarmy, smiling Juanra Moreno, surrounded closely by around fifty people telling us that no more than 6 people should meet together outside.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:11 am

I thought the incubation period for covid was at least ten to fifteen days then they have to be tested by the 97% false positive PCR test and the figures filtered back so isn't it a bit soon for the infection rate to have risen as a result of Easter gatherings?

Maybe someone was a bit too eager and miscalculated the date on which to announce the alleged 'increase'.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:05 am

Good point . I thought it was 1 to 14 days with symptoms showing 3 to 5 days but who knows. It might fit the narrative i.e. fear of god lets get vaccinated.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:49 am

I think it is 1 to 14 days, people i know who were infected were showing symptoms as early as day 3 after being in contact with an infected person.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:58 am

The health guidance says 1 - 14 days, but typically 4 - 5 days.

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:11 am I thought the incubation period for covid was at least ten to fifteen days then they have to be tested by the 97% false positive PCR test and the figures filtered back so isn't it a bit soon for the infection rate to have risen as a result of Easter gatherings?

Maybe someone was a bit too eager and miscalculated the date on which to announce the alleged 'increase'.
Well the news was correct. Local town has sky high infections in excess of 1000 per 100000. Town now in perimetral lockdown. Don’t know what that says about incubation rate. Maybe it is only a few days.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:49 pm

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Party going on down the hill, 8 cars on the drive and a sea of heads all mingling .... no such restrictions up here in the campo!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:24 pm

The whole of Granada province has moved to level 4.1

Sid