Paying car tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Paying car tax

Postby Daisymay1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:37 pm

So just moved from Malaga to Granada and able to pay my car tax in Patronato de Recaudacion Provincial Diputacion Provincial de Malaga, now moved so next year will need to pay in Granada tax region is there a similar set up for Granada as I cannot find it ? Thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Paying car tax

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:59 pm

There is a Diputación de Granada but I have never needed to use it so I don't know if it works in the same way. Maybe someone who lives in Granada province can tell you:

https://sede.dipgra.es/opencms/opencms/sede

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:31 pm

Daisymay1,

Going on the Jaén demand (car tax) the info for paying is on the back of the bill.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:28 pm

You can also go to your townhall and they will print the bill off and take it to the banks listed on it

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:53 pm

It's so easy to pay your car tax online in Malaga I was hoping they used the same system here. You get your car tax bill online and pay it simple no need to go anywhere !

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon May 03, 2021 7:23 pm

Hi,

Jaén have moved the Car Tax from April to June/July this year. So no Bills issued yet.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Daisymay1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daisymay1 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:39 pm

Enrique wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:23 pm Hi,

Jaén have moved the Car Tax from April to June/July this year. So no Bills issued yet.
I never wait for the bill, I prefer to be ahead and the bill is available online ( well in Malaga it is )

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue May 04, 2021 11:23 am

I am a bit confused. I thought car tax was from the town hall not the Junta.

So in Madrid I pay IVTM on the ayuntamiento website
https://sede.madrid.es/portal/site/tram ... mt=default

I don't pay the junta of the region of Madrid I pay to the town hall of Madrid as my home is in the centre of Madrid. If I lived in Alcala de Henares which is in Madrid Community (but not city) I would pay to ayuntamiento of Alcala de Henares.

In Andalucia can you pay it on a website for the province rather than the town hall or can you choose which one you want to pay it to?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue May 04, 2021 11:37 am

Correct, the car tax is paid to your local ayuntamiento.
Assuming that you have a Padron with your local ayuntamiento.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue May 04, 2021 1:36 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:23 am I am a bit confused. I thought car tax was from the town hall not the Junta.
I'm not aware anyone said it was paid to the Junta.

When I moved from Málaga province to Granada province, I went to the town hall to get a new Padron and they sorted out the car tax and a few other things as well.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue May 04, 2021 1:47 pm

Sorry I mean at a provincial rather than Junta level....we don't have provinces in Madrid.

In Andalucia can you pay it on a website for the province rather than the town hall or can you choose which one you want to pay it to?

So OP paid to Málaga website when in Malaga province and in Granada pays on a Granada website (or is looking to do the equivalent). That is why I am confused as I understood it is something you pay to the town hall itself (electronically or by other means)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue May 04, 2021 2:01 pm

You can only pay it to the town hall. The province you live in is irrelevant as it is the town that decided how much you will pay and you have to pay them. Whether you can pay online depends on whether the town hall allows you to do that.

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm

If you have the piece of paper, which the ayuntamiento can print off for you it takes a couple of minutes to pay at an ATM. I was given a lesson last week for one of our cars which isn't paid by ditect debit. Far quicker than paying online, which has already been suggested as a payment method.
Regards

Bob

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm

If you have a QR code reader on your phone or tablet, the thing we all use these days to read menus at restaurants. Once you get the tax bill in the post scan the QR code and pay online with your debit card. They send an email confirming payment. Dead easy takes 2 minutes.