Leroy Merlin

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Leroy Merlin

Postby olive » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 pm

Early April we visited numerous outlets within our travel limits in Granada Province. The aim to buy new soft patio furniture, tables and chairs and a new parasol. Not the cheapest but Leroy Merlin had what we wanted all from one outlet so cheaper on delivery. Crucially patio conjunto was in stock ( two units). They ummed and erred on the table and chairs. Table might not be available due to the boat stuck ( earlier in Suez canal) . No problem we said. You will be getting the tables and 8 chairs in stock? Oh yes. Right. Can you deliver it all end of April please?Yes.

So today they rang to say they were coming. Hung around waiting and went to meet to guide them to our house. Opened van. 8 chairs and a parasol. So they have sold the patio soft suites in stock to other people and still haven’t got the tables in but they have our money. I am pretty upset to say the least.

Of course , they wont give a damn both corporate wise or individual wise. Have a couple of hours spraying tomorrow then we will waste four hours round trip just to hear platitudes or get our money back and have nothing other than some chairs and no matching table.

Anyone else had trouble with Leroy Merlin? Did they resolve it satisfactorily? I don’t want to do a Hoja de Reclamacion really.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leroy Merlin

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 03, 2021 10:34 am

Friends bought a wooden pergola from Leroy Merlin at the end of last summer season. I think it had come from another branch as it was end of season stock. It was delivered OK but they didn't want to put it up immediately due to the strong winter storms we get here. So come this spring they start to build it and then they find the roof is missing. They have had to improvise as it's not been forthcoming. I'm not sure if they are pursuing it as they had it for so long before taking all the pieces out of the box.

Sometimes the threat of the complaints book gets action. I was awaiting a replacement lid for a large outside plastic storage container that had broken under guarantee from a local outside furniture shop. It was taking months but once I asked for the complaints book it miraculously appeared within days.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leroy Merlin

Postby olive » Tue May 04, 2021 9:30 pm

Well we did an online complaint form on their website. We got a call on Sunday amazingly. No apology - Spaniards never apologise. Ever.

The soft seating conjunto has been very popular. No **** Sherlock. That is why we have done our homework and ordered early knowing this would be a problem. Why did you fail to mark the one in stock Reserved when you took our money? Don’t know. ( because you are rubbish perhaps?)

Good news. We have more coming in. They are very popular. We can deliver it May 10th. No good , we are away till Early June. Oh we will probably sell to someone else then. Err no. Just mark it reserved and deliver in June. That will be difficult. They are very popular. Just mark it reserved and we will ring you to fix up a delivery date. Don’t forget you already have our money and failed us.

We will see how it works in June. No news on the matching table for the delivered chairs.

Confidence level 2/10