Rights of a President of a Community

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Rights of a President of a Community

Postby fyfin » Fri May 14, 2021 2:19 pm

I am president of a community of 31 apartments and are very lucky to have very few problems e.g. only one apartment doesn't pay community fees because the owner absconded back to UK 10 years ago and the bank won't repossess.
However, one other apartment was taken over by Cajamar and then rented out by them to the owner who hadn't been paying their mortgage. The bank pay the community fees so no problem there, but it seemed a bit strange that they would rent it to the person who hadn't been paying their mortgage.

In any case, the lady in question seems to have vacated the apartment about a year ago and the water and electricity have been cut off for the same period.
From time to time she will show up with some odd individuals, one of whom, knocked on residents door trying to beg/borrow money. I have arranged to change the lock on the main front door which may deter them but when I asked the Administrators if we could ascertain whether she has a rental contract or not, they said the bank said there was a contract but refused to say if it was the same person or not.

I just thought we should know who is living in the building but it appears not.

I also find it very unlikely that someone is paying rent and not living there, and when there is no electricity or water connected. The administrators asked the bank to comment but they have not replied.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it