Changes to Electricity Tariffs

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Changes to Electricity Tariffs

Postby Screagle » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:06 am

I'm on Endesa's Tarifa One Luz i.e. single rate. New invoice arrived today for the billing period ending 31/05/2021 which has been brought forward to coincide with the introduction of the mandatory dual rate charging regime. As I'm on a bi-monthly billing cycle looks like I'm going to have to wait until 31 July to see what the financial impact is as I can't be bothered with the app. Having said that I received for the first update about the changes five days ago with their headline: "You can be calm! The new regulatory changes do not affect your consumption hours." Whaaat?

Saludos

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 am

I am also with Endesa and i have had an invoice for 13th May to 31st May, they sent it last Sat and daily since then. :lolno: :lolno:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:36 pm

Just looking at my first new bill to 18 June (EnergiaXXI). I had an interim bill to cover the end of May under the old rate. Looking at the new one it seems that the electricity is much cheaper than I thought. The three rates for peak down to cheap rate are:
P1 (punta) 0,133118 Eur/kWh
P2 (llano) 0,041772 Eur/kWh
P3 (valle) 0,006001 Eur/kWh

Our usage was 24, 22 and 47 kwh so I think we've done pretty well as the only high power item, the water heater, is now on for up to an hour prior to 8am, but we've used other things as normal. The true test will be when the aircon is on all evening. The total bill for that period of 1 -18 June was 25.63€.

My last full month's bill in mid May, the power costs seemed to be 0.09148 kWh. All figures are without IVA. That's wrong, see my posting below

Anybody had theirs and noticed any difference?
Last edited by Wicksey on Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:28 pm

My bill shows the same rates as yours. I thought it was a mistake. The total, however, doesn't correspond to the individual amounts when they are added up.

The web site is not working properly either especially if you try to pay online. I think they have made a monumental balls-up of the whole thing.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:55 pm

I really don’t understand what they are doing. I have always had a dual priced supply and I can see the advantage of “forcing” people to switch from a fixed rate (and it will save money) but if you look at the Endesa site they are still offering flat rates tariffs and the old 14 hour cheap rate dual tariff.

Understanding electricity bills has never been easy but now it must be a nightmare. Our supplier has left us on a dual rate tariff and reduced the rates very slightly.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:45 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:28 pm My bill shows the same rates as yours. I thought it was a mistake. The total, however, doesn't correspond to the individual amounts when they are added up.

The web site is not working properly either especially if you try to pay online. I think they have made a monumental balls-up of the whole thing.
There are sub totals for each heading, so the figures in bold add up to the total, that's if your bill is similar to mine. Eg:

Facturación por potencia contratada ("TÉRMINO FIJO") 7,64 € made up of
Importe por peajes de transporte y distribución y cargos:
P1 (punta) 4,4 kW x 30,67266 Eur/kW y año x (18/365) días 6,66 €
P3 (valle) 4,4 kW x 1,424364 Eur/kW y año x (18/365) días 0,31 €
Margen de comercialización fijo: 4,4 kW x 3,113 Eur/kW y año x (18/365) días 0,67 €

There is something called 'costes de la energia' that is added into the consumption total, which does bring the average cost per kWh up to 0.15€ on the new bill.

I've noticed I've got my figures wrong for the old bill. The cost per kWH was 0.044€, and then the tax on that was calculated at 0.09148 which brought the overall average cost per kWh to 0.13575.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:51 pm

I had a 97€ refund in my bank this morning from Endesa, no idea why.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:34 am

Sid, doesn't the new tariff begin in June? That's why I had a small bill to the end of May then the new rates applied for the bill 1-18/6. Also it was for contracts below a certain potencia, which you may be above. I only have 4.4kw potencia.

Lyric, let's hope they don't claw it back next month :lol:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:01 am

You are right. It was for May. I should get the June one in a few days and will post it then. I will delete the May one.

Sid

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:19 am

Wicksey wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:34 am Lyric, let's hope they don't claw it back next month :lol:
I pay a fixed amount monthly, no surprises that way. Last statement I was in credit I expect that is what it is. Pays the speeding ticket anyway

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:33 pm

I am with Endesa and I have the tariff where I have two free hours a day. So I used the washing machine and dishwasher during this time and also I heat the water up and it stays lovely and hot even until the morning.

My bill last month was even cheaper. It was 33 euros!! :thumbup:

So I am happy with Endesa. The two free hours of electricity really is a good option. It remains to be seen what my bills will be when I start to use the aircon!! :?
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:22 pm

what time are your 'free' hours?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:57 pm

When it started you could choose whatever 2 hours you wanted, depending on which suited you best, and I'm not sure whether that is still the case. I couldn't have that tariff as I was changed from Endesa to EnergiaXXI, a branch of Endesa.

Just had a look at my first full bill under the new system. We have made an effort to do more at the weekends when we are on the cheap rate all day. We have changed the times of the water heater to come on and go off before 8am during the week as well. Our bill had 47kwh for both the highest and mid rates, and 105kwh for the cheap rate (199kwh total). Total bill was 51.90€

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:31 am

That is a good bill for the two of you! :clap: I wondering what mine will be, as I now use the aircon. and I have to have it on for most of the night until about 4am and I also have to have it on in the afternoon when it gets really hot!

However thank goodness I am enjoying going to bed now as it is just right. :thumbup: It was impossible to sleep in there at times.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:59 am

Naturgy have finally got around to sending me an up to date bill. It covers 3 months as they hadn't sent one out since the April bill, so May was charged at the old tariff of course, and June and July at the new one. I am on a single rate tariff (I think the lower rate at the weekend one would be cheaper during the summer months, but definitely not during the winter when we have the aircon all through the evening peak rate period). They are giving a 5% discount on electricity consumption plus 25% discount on the potencia charges, plus of course the reduced IVA of 10% instead of 21%. So my total bill for 3 months (2 person household) was €135.01, which is slightly less than I paid over the same 3 months last year.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:11 am

That's about what mine is for one month but the 1,5cv pool pump and lights all the way along a fairly long driveway during the hours of darkness account for much of that.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:18 pm

Our friends in Caleta who are with Endesa say they've not noticed any increase and bills are consistently around 45 euros a month. But they have aircon and dishwasher etc but that seems to be a normal kind of price in a small apartment

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:22 pm

The new system here, with Iberdrola, seems a complete con! They tell you how much you have used in the peak and low hours but there is no difference i the cost per Kwh! The bill went slighly lower but only due to the IVA going down. All our efforts to have the termo on in the low period, and do washing etc in the mid-period seem a total waste of time, and it has incovenienced us.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:32 pm

The old 14 hour dual tariff is still available from most suppliers if you ask. That is much more flexible as the cheap rate lasts for 14 hours from 11pm to 2pm next day.

The new 3 way tariff is really only useful at night, but with my usage pattern the old system is much easier to plan. For example, you can run your pool pump all morning and do your washing and dishwashing at the same time Aircon or heating in the afternoon and evening is not so good, but you can save enough on the 14 hour tariff to cover the cost of AC and more. I average 75% of my usage in the cheap rate which saves me a lot of money.

Sid

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:43 pm

Well with Endesa I have free two hours every day from 5 until 7 and that is when I so my washing and put the dish washer on. My bills have been about 34/39 euros a month.

I find that excellent. I will take a note of what I pay when the new bill comes. Not received one yet on the new tariff.

I am glad I stayed with Endesa. They have been great. :thumbup: